Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Memorandum of Conviction - How & Fees

Memorandum of Conviction - How & Fees

Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

M477HEW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Memorandum of Conviction - How & Fees

I am required to present a Memorandum of Conviction to the US Embassy for my visa interview. I have scoured the internet for information on how much they cost and how I should request it.

I understand that I must make to the request, in writing, from the convicting court and supply dates etc. Is there a cost involved for this service? i can't seem to find much on the internet relating to this and have called the convicting courts earlier today for advice. The switchboard mentioned 40.00GBP and put me through to the relevant department. I had to leave a voice-mail but no-one has called me back. I am eager to mail my letter and would prefer to draft a copy this evening so that I can mail it tomorrow for delivery on Monday.

Can anyone help me out here? I need a sample letter to request the document from the court, and to know the fee involved.

Thanks in advance for any advice on offer.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:31 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Memorandum of Conviction - How & Fees

Find the court here: http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/

Call the switchboard number and ask them how you get a "memorandum of conviction".
Old Mar 6th 2009, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks FatBrit.

I tried thsi method today but ended up having to leave a voice mail message. no-one has replied as yet and I was hoping to send my letters out tomorrow. I will simply have to wait until Monday and chase things up.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 8:01 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M477HEW
Thanks FatBrit.

I tried thsi method today but ended up having to leave a voice mail message. no-one has replied as yet and I was hoping to send my letters out tomorrow. I will simply have to wait until Monday and chase things up.

Thanks again.
I don't think you're going to get anywhere before Monday.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

yep. i will post back here once i find out what the procedure is and the fee to pay just in case someone else is interested in knowing the info.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M477HEW
yep. i will post back here once i find out what the procedure is and the fee to pay just in case someone else is interested in knowing the info.
The information is exactly as reported earlier in the post - apply for the MOC at the convicting court with as many details of the offense/offense that can be recalled. The fee around 40 UK Pounds is typical. Ask the court to stamp or emboss the document as the US authorities are keen on this 'authentication' - typical MOC's often look like a photocopy.
If the information cannot be found (usually because inaccurate details have been provided - the information never 'lapses'), then the Court will provide a letter to this effect.