Wikiposts

Medical question

Old May 23rd 2013, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Carlton1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical question

Hi Guys,
I have my K1 medical booked for June 5th, and am going to get my vaccination report before hand, my question is do the folks at Knightsbridge have access to medical records? i'm just a bit nervious whilst reading some of the details on here, for example i had a bout of depression 10 years ago, never had an episode since then and am not on any medication, would they still need a letter from my doc? am just getting worried now as i know i am so close to the end of this process, many thanks in advance
Old May 23rd 2013, 11:36 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical question

They do not have access to your records, however if you fail to declare the above, since it is specifically asked for, and it is discovered, it may be deemed a materical misrepresentation and potentially render you permanently ineligible for a US visa.

Immigration fraud - just don't do it. The Doctor may decide it isn't relevant anyway.

Last edited by civilservant; May 23rd 2013 at 11:38 pm.
Old May 23rd 2013, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for the quick response Civilservant, i guess i will have to get letters then, would i be able to give them consent to look at my records? i have had a hip replacement and subsequently have a long list on my medical record of issues to do with it
Old May 23rd 2013, 11:44 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I am aware any information required will be asked for at the medical, they will give you a letter to give to your GP asking for the pertinent information. If you are unsure what you're going to need it would probably be a good idea to attend the medical THEN see your GP.

That way you'll know exactly what you need. Have you got an interview date?
Old May 23rd 2013, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

ah, i just saw your addition, that makes it a bit easier to know
Old May 23rd 2013, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

I see, that would be ok, no interview date yet, i was under the impression that the interview would be scheduled after they had recieved the medical details, or am i on the wrong path?
Old May 23rd 2013, 11:58 pm
Often not so civil...

Im not a K1 applicant, so am not sure the way that visa works, however if you do not have an interview then its not so urgent that the medical is passed on the day.
Old May 24th 2013, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

I understand, i just wish this whole process would hurry up, my fiancee and me applied on 01/10/12, it had taken a long time to get from USCIS to London NVC, my USCIS approved pattition apparently is up till August 5th, so am a lil worried about not getting it done before then
Old May 24th 2013, 2:06 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You are correct.

It's the same as for an immigrant visa applicant for whom the petition was submitted via 'DCF'. In both cases the visa application is submitted directly to the consular section and the consular section schedules the interview.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Carlton1979
i was under the impression that the interview would be scheduled after they had recieved the medical details, or am i on the wrong path?
Old May 24th 2013, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Jeff
Old May 24th 2013, 3:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carlton1979
I understand, i just wish this whole process would hurry up, my fiancee and me applied on 01/10/12, it had taken a long time to get from USCIS to London NVC, my USCIS approved pattition apparently is up till August 5th, so am a lil worried about not getting it done before then
Don't worry about the approved I-129F petition expiring. If your case takes a bit longer, the ConOff will just "extend" the expiration date at the time of your interview. My fiance had his interview a couple of months after the expiration of the I-129F because of lengthy security checks, and it was not a problem. If you are concerned, you can send an email to the consulate stating that your medical is taking a bit longer, and your I-129F might expire, but you are not abandoning your case.

Rene
Old May 24th 2013, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Noorah, that has put my mind at rest
Old May 24th 2013, 4:00 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Another medical question, folks... My husband has never been hospitalized, but several years ago he had an eye injury that resulted in a detached retina. He had outpatient surgery and now wears glasses. His eyesight has recovered to the point where he can see and read almost normally, but barely misses the qualifications to get a UK driving license. I know they will do an eye exam at the medical. Is his eyesight or previous injury likely to be a cause for concern at the medical or delay of his visa?
Old May 24th 2013, 4:02 am
Often not so civil...

Speedwell, the eyesight in my left eye is appalling, unaided I cannot drive either. I had an Op for a detached retina last year.

The Dr told me I should get it looked at. but nothing beyond that was said after she finished the eye exam.

Last edited by civilservant; May 24th 2013 at 4:05 am.
Old May 24th 2013, 4:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Speedwell
Another medical question, folks... My husband has never been hospitalized, but several years ago he had an eye injury that resulted in a detached retina. He had outpatient surgery and now wears glasses. His eyesight has recovered to the point where he can see and read almost normally, but barely misses the qualifications to get a UK driving license. I know they will do an eye exam at the medical. Is his eyesight or previous injury likely to be a cause for concern at the medical or delay of his visa?
Not to my knowledge, no.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.