Medical Question

Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:28 am
Just Joined

markmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Question

Hi all , I am waiting on my interview date for the London interview " K1 fiancee" and i am just about to make an appointment for my docs for my Vaccination records ,

can someone tell me in Idiot proof terms what inoculations i need to have had in order to pass the medical and a rough idea how much they cost from your local NHS doctor for them .

regards..... Mark

PS , this is UK to USA
Old Dec 7th 2010, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Question

Originally Posted by markmark
Hi all , I am waiting on my interview date for the London interview " K1 fiancee" and i am just about to make an appointment for my docs for my Vaccination records ,

can someone tell me in Idiot proof terms what inoculations i need to have had in order to pass the medical and a rough idea how much they cost from your local NHS doctor for them .

regards..... Mark

PS , this is UK to USA
hi
depends on your age - have a look at the embassy website- their is a table which details it all very clearly in terms of your age. I had mine done at docs - MMR, Tetanus (which is a combination of a couple of other things I think) and Flu jab. Cost me only £20 for the flu jab but you could have that done at a chemist for around £8! I have just had a test for chicken pox antibodies - no fee. Just get them done at docs and fax through to embassy docs.Good luck
Old Dec 7th 2010, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

The Knightsbridge Doctors website has a list of the vaccines you need and also a price list of what they charge. Print them off take them to your Doctor and get what you need done, the reason I say take the price list is that one of them was actually cheaper for me at Knightsbridge than my GP.

Re Varicella (chickenpox) your GP can do a blood test to prove you have / haven't had it ask for one of those too.

Remember that hep B is three vaccines two a month apart and one six months later, so get started as soon as you can.

When you've had the vaccines done get a print out from the GP and take it along with you to the medical, I wouldn't recommend faxing it, you may never see it again!
Old Dec 7th 2010, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

With respect, we know nothing about your medical history so we have no idea what innoculations you've already had and therefore have no idea which one's you'll need - which is, decidedly, a factor in how much it's going to cost. Most innoculations are age related, and again, sadly... our knowledge is deficient - what with this being your first post and all and you not providing any background information about yourself.

Ian
Old Dec 7th 2010, 1:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ian ... happy holidays, infoscrooge

Believe the poster was not asking what is he missing (which is what your answer fits) but rather than innoculations are required so that he can make sure in gets them before the exam. He apparently has not researched the Consulate's website or used the search function on this site. But others were more than happy to point out the resources for him.

As for cost, that is tanamount to asking the length of a piece of string. Can't tell what a doctor will charge and can't tell what ones he is missing.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 3:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I agree with Ian.. there is NO WAY we can answer this for YOU.
The doctor can.
And, you can review the list of required vaccines (posted on the Embassy's site) to discuss with your regular doctor beforehand and perhaps fill in some blanks.

Follow the links on the Embassy site to the medical and look on the right margin; there's some links in there including one to the vax list.

regards..... Mark

PS , this is UK to USA

Last edited by meauxna; Dec 7th 2010 at 4:29 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 4:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Ian ... happy holidays, infoscrooge
Y'know... that's going to be my new nickname soon!

Believe the poster was not asking what is he missing (which is what your answer fits) but rather than innoculations are required so that he can make sure in gets them before the exam.
I should have been more clear... I was addressing the cost factor.

Ian
Old Dec 7th 2010, 4:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I do like the name "infoscrooge" ... it fits ya.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

There are two questions here. What vaccinations are needed for the visa? And what vaccinations are needed for your own health.

Due to people being stupid and not getting their kids vaccinated (for which they should be shot) there are now fairly widespread outbreaks of measles and pertussis in the US. I would personally recommend getting the pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine booster which is sometimes included with the tetanus booster but not always (sometimes called DTaP). MMR is also worth getting if you weren't the right age to get it at school.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:34 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Nor do we know your present medical condition, which in addition to your age may make it inappropriate for you to have any particular innoculation.

Anyway, see form DS3025 and
http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeeh...accination.pdf

Regards, JEff

can someone tell me in Idiot proof terms what inoculations i need to have had in order to pass the medical ...

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
With respect, we know nothing about your medical history so we have no idea what innoculations you've already had and therefore have no idea which one's you'll need - which is, decidedly, a factor in how much it's going to cost. Most innoculations are age related, ...

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Dec 7th 2010 at 8:39 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

yellowfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

When I was going through this process I found out that I should have had booster shots a few years earlier. This was news to both me and my parents, however it did provide me with all of the vaccinations I needed for the interview courtesy of the NHS.