DS-260 questions

Old Jun 21st 2018, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Patzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nice
Default DS-260 questions

Need some help please
Under previous US travel info it asks if you have had a# which I have so I have put that. Then it asks - have you ever been issued a visa which I have but it is not listed - was E3 - and don’t have visa number just a#. Any one know what I should be putting here??

Old Jun 21st 2018, 3:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS-260 questions

Write in E3

PS Interesting you are an Australia Citizen living in the UK and immigrating to the US this time with an immediate relative visa. Your husband I take it is both a US and UK citizen. That worked out well for you.

Last edited by Rete; Jun 21st 2018 at 3:18 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Patzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rete
Write in E3

PS Interesting you are an Australia Citizen living in the UK and immigrating to the US this time with an immediate relative visa. Your husband I take it is both a US and UK citizen. That worked out well for you.
I couldn’t choose that because I’m not Australian but there isn’t a choice for EB3 - the category I entered the states in 2005. It lets me choose ‘other’ but then I don’t have a visa # doesn’t let me put a# - too many digits - or E3 - states not valid visa # ??
Old Jun 21st 2018, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have the Visa page still in a passport? It should be on there.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
Do you have the Visa page still in a passport? It should be on there.
It was renewed in 2009 so they kept that passport with the visa when they sent a new passport.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 4:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if I got it wrong but was under the impression that the E3 visa, which you first wrote, was -- "E3 visa classification currently applies only to nationals of Australia as well as their spouses and children. E3 principal applicants must be going to the United States solely to work in a specialty occupation. The spouse and children need not be Australian citizens."

As Tom169 said, do you still have the passport with the visa in it? Any documentation that was given you at the time you were given the E3 at the US Consulate abroad? If you have no number, then try using all zeroes
Old Jun 21st 2018, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry if I got it wrong but was under the impression that the E3 visa, which you first wrote, was -- "E3 visa classification currently applies only to nationals of Australia as well as their spouses and children. E3 principal applicants must be going to the United States solely to work in a specialty occupation. The spouse and children need not be Australian citizens."

As Tom169 said, do you still have the passport with the visa in it? Any documentation that was given you at the time you were given the E3 at the US Consulate abroad? If you have no number, then try using all zeroes
I don’t have a visa number so I think just put immigrant visa and number not known as you suggested. It states E31 on my permanent resident card which is skilled worker but that doesn’t exist on the list.

Two more questions sorry

Husband immigrating to US with you - I assume I put no as he is US citizen and

address in the US. - don’t have one yet but you have to put a town/city and zip - I have just put Portland and picked a zip from there. Do you think this will be OK?

Old Jun 21st 2018, 4:41 pm
Concierge

If you have a green card, which is the only way I know of to have permanent residency, then you don't have a visa and thus would not have a visa number. If they want to know what visa you previously had then write in the E3 or EB3 whether it was (think in your case it was an EB3) and dummy up the numbers.

I would choose "other" and write in either green card and/or permanent resident. When you get to the US where will you be living temporarily? With a relative, or a friend? Write down their address.

Since your husband is a USC, then the answer is "no"

Last edited by Rete; Jun 21st 2018 at 4:43 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

If you have a green card, which is the only way I know of to have permanent residency, then you don't have a visa and thus would not have a visa number.

I would choose "other" and write in either green card and/or permanent resident. When you get to the US where will you be living temporarily? With a relative, or a friend? Write down their address.

Since your husband is a USC, then the answer is "no"
Will be going to air bnb but can’t book that yet as don’t know definite dates.