Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Medical History Notes Filing

Medical History Notes Filing

Old Jun 18th 2018, 10:59 am
Ongoing K1 Visa

Trilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical History Notes Filing

I picked up my medical history today from my GP and I was wondering how people have prepared this when taking it to the medical and embassy interviews? Did you leave it in the envelope as given by the GP or as I was thinking, putting the pages into clear sleeves then putting them into a folder or binder. I know this sounds a silly question but thought I would see whats worked for others and maybe expected by the authorities
Old Jun 18th 2018, 12:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical History Notes Filing

Leave everything in the envelope that the medical office prepared. Do not place anything in a plastic sleeve.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 1:56 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Trilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Leave everything in the envelope that the medical office prepared. Do not place anything in a plastic sleeve.
Thank you for the advice, I'll keep everything as is
Old Jun 18th 2018, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

RainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about the medical, because I only picked up a letter from my GP AFTER my medical. But for my embassy interview, I took my letter out of the envelope to make a photocopy, then put it in a plastic wallet (I had a little book of 20 plastic wallets, which helped me locate each document quickly, when requested). It was fine.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Keoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trilo
I picked up my medical history today from my GP and I was wondering how people have prepared this when taking it to the medical and embassy interviews? Did you leave it in the envelope as given by the GP or as I was thinking, putting the pages into clear sleeves then putting them into a folder or binder. I know this sounds a silly question but thought I would see whats worked for others and maybe expected by the authorities
i had my medical last week, had a few pages of paperwork as had some surgery recently. I made copies of everything I had, which I then handed over to reception on arrival. They seemed grateful I had made copies as saved them doing it! The medical itself was a very efficient process, was never waiting for more than 5 minutes for the various people you have to see. Was in and out within a hour.
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 1:38 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Even though I have my full medical history to hand, I take it I still will need to take a medical summary from my GP too?
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 1:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trilo
Even though I have my full medical history to hand, I take it I still will need to take a medical summary from my GP too?
Take what is asked for which is this:

"7. Summary of medical history from GP (NOT full medical records) and reports covering any medical conditions, disabilities, and prior serious illnesses you have been treated for or anything ongoing. This is a new requirement and may not yet be added to the checklist online or the US EMBASSY LONDON website. We will keep your medical on hold if you do not have it with you on the day of the appointment. Ask your GP for a Patient Summary "

As you have the full medical history, then it looks like you need to get the Patient Summary. The full medical history is good if you have a medical problem that needs full disclosure, i.e. a history of depression, anxiety, drinking issues, heart problems, surgery, etc. In those cases, take both.