Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Medical Examination Questions

Medical Examination Questions

Old Sep 23rd 2014, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Examination Questions

Just connecting some dots from another thread.

You entered on the VWP with your dogs, you were taken to secondary and now you are attempting AOS.

A consultation with an immigration attorney is in order.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Tess4 is an unknown quantity at this point

all being done through an attorney, this is a personal issue i have with vaccinations, the other "stuff" is all done through an attorney....but thanks anyway for the input eccles.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

@springy6...thanks for the info....am still hoping I'll be immune, but we shall see. The medical records/certificates, are only handed in on the interview, is that correct, so far thats what we have seen?
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Jerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond repute

You give your medical records/vaccination history to the doctor at the medical and he uses those to complete the I-693, then gives them back to you. They don't send copies of those to USCIS. He'll give you a sealed envelope which you include with the AOS application.

I'd imagine you'd get an RFE if you don't include it with the initial application, it's not something that you can wait on and hand in at the AOS interview.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

great.... thanks Jerni, will include in the initial application....
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tess4
thanks Kodokan....I'll be sure to post here on the outcome. Did you have any side effects from the vaccinations?
Nope, don't even remember the arms being noticeably sore. We only had one dose of MMR which was fine for the CS - I don't know if that's because it's sufficient for the medical to have started the vac timeline but not yet completed all doses, or whether the adult jab is a one-dose shot anyway, or it was marked as a single booster, or whether nobody was taking the whole vac thing terribly seriously anyway in patently healthy adults from a non-risk country and as long as some nominal effort to hoop-jump had been done...

The kids needed more - Hep B, meningitis ones, etc - but for adults it's just MMR, TDap and flu during the season.

I do sympathize about your reluctance. My teenage son finds vaccinations deeply and illogically traumatic, goes pale and clammy, almost passes out, etc; he knows it's a colossal over-reaction on his part, but can't control his physiological response. I hope the titer route works out for you, and isn't too much of an expensive hassle. You'll no doubt find you're immune anyway if you've already been vaccinated (which would mean that this shot would have had no effect, positive or negative, on you anyway, I guess, since the first one clearly didn't). I would recommend considering the tetanus though, if you're weighing up risks and likely impacts.

Good luck!

Edit: just remembered to add: ask for two sets of the medical form. One will be in a sealed envelope, but the other is for you to look at, and keep. It's interesting, and for people who've gone down the usual vaccination route, it's considered an official record for US purposes, which might be handy for some jobs, schools, day camps, etc.

Last edited by kodokan; Sep 23rd 2014 at 6:10 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 6:23 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Out of idle curiosity, what would the UK impose if new spouse decided to live in the UK?
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Out of idle curiosity, what would the UK impose if new spouse decided to live in the UK?
There don't seem to be any medical requirements but there is a language one.

UK Spouse Visa | British Consulate
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 6:51 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BubbleChog
There don't seem to be any medical requirements but there is a language one.
I'm sure there's an official site (which this one isn't) that has the requirements.

Ian
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...cal-issues-med

probably a good starting place
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm sure there's an official site (which this one isn't) that has the requirements.

Ian
I'm sure there is but since the government centralised everything under www.gov.uk you can't actually find anything.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 8:13 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BubbleChog
I'm sure there is but since the government centralised everything under www.gov.uk you can't actually find anything.
I just had a quick look... and it seems that I owe you an apology. Geez, and I thought the US government website was mind numbing! I reacted pretty much the same as Sheldon...

Ian
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 8:55 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

The UK has posted on-line the following: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...cal-issues-med

If the US vaccinations is a deal breaker, taking residence in the UK would appear to be a possiblity.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

thanks Kodokan...I'll definitely be getting the tetanus though and ask for an extra copy of the documents, which as you say, are for sure useful for things such as jobs etc in the future.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tess4
I'll definitely be getting the tetanus though...
So, you'll be getting the tetanus shot? What happened to:

1) I am opposed to vaccinations big time, always have been, always will be.
2) I would never willingly have any of these vaccinations...
3) I will under no circumstance, inject myself with various diseases…
4) I am absolutely petrified of being the one in a whatever the percentage is, to have negative side effects of these injections.

<admin snip>
Ian

Last edited by Sue; Sep 23rd 2014 at 1:12 pm. Reason: Deep breathes now ;)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.