Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Maybe someone should call Oprah!

Maybe someone should call Oprah!

Old Feb 21st 2003, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Finkernz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Maybe someone should call Oprah!

and tell her about the plight of so many USC's that are waiting for the INS to pull its finger out and approve their Fiance(e) petitions.

Waiting waiting, and it aint any easier when your on the other side of the world when your the foreign fiancee and can't even freaken call INS! Not to mention the stuff up with our petition and now we have to file again but this time in California..more waiting...

HAHA imagine that a reunion show for us all on Oprah...hahahahahaha.

"Today on Oprah the plight of so many USC's waiting for their loved ones...seperated by red tape...and a hell of a lot of it"
Old Feb 21st 2003, 9:25 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea Finkernz but seriously would she really care?? I know how you feel thought because today is day 227 for us & we are getting tired of seeing so many approvals knowing that ours is still some way off. My patience is running out after having not seen my husband for 263 days so please excuse me if it seems that I am venting a little here
Cheers
Shepslady
Old Feb 21st 2003, 9:34 am
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice
Default ins reality tv show

Nah, forget about Oprah, I want a reality TV show featuring the INS/BCIS 24/7. We would get to see exactly what it is they really do in each SC. Who is dating whom, what petitions are being used as door stoppers and cup coasters, and the overall inefficiency we have come to know the INS for.
Old Feb 21st 2003, 9:39 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Thing!!:PARTY: Now that really would be worth watching but half of us would miss out on it being stuck in other countries. I like yur sense of humour & thank you for making me laugh
Cheers
Shepslady
Old Feb 21st 2003, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Default that would be halarious

a reality tv show....hahahahahaha I cant stop laughing just thinking about it...
Old Feb 21st 2003, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

BritAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ins reality tv show

Originally posted by thing1
Nah, forget about Oprah, I want a reality TV show featuring the INS/BCIS 24/7. We would get to see exactly what it is they really do in each SC. Who is dating whom, what petitions are being used as door stoppers and cup coasters, and the overall inefficiency we have come to know the INS for.

Thing, you ROCK girl!!!!! Needed a dose of humor today! Don't forget, on the show we'll be able to vote "them" off the INS island and replace them with motivated droids.

Or perhaps in the spirit of "Joe Millionaire" we could go on INS dates to get to know one another...maybe even sneak down the lawn for some off camera negotiations....hmmm, hmmm..? Nudge, nudge...say no more! I'd give 'em 100 necklaces if they'd just work on those applications!!!
Old Feb 21st 2003, 9:10 pm
Wisdom Over Wealth

Default Re: Maybe someone should call Oprah!

........................LOL!!!

Old Feb 21st 2003, 9:12 pm
Wisdom Over Wealth

I'm laughing with the reality show.... !

I doubt if Oprah really cares about half the stuff she or anyother talk show
host has on.. It's their job.. ... Who is writing up the stuff... we could
put all our names and contact numbers together... so they wouldn't have to
do all the foot/finger work.. Shepslady you with me? I know I need a real
kiss.. hug... .....

Old Feb 21st 2003, 11:09 pm
Kelly

Finkernz wrote in message news:...
    > a reality tv show....hahahahahaha I cant stop laughing just thinking
    > about it...

its not a bad idea...I have a newspaper article in front of me for a
USC in the Atlanta area and his new russian bride...and they
encountered red tape and delay, but strangely, after contacting the
newspaper, her visa was granted within 3 days...and this article was
the follow up, showing them happily married....

I am ready to shout it from the roof tops, I am really sorry 9/11
happened, but if they were doing their jobs in the 1st place....??
who's to say...???

We fell in love, we got married...and isnt part of our rights, life,
liberty and the pursuit of happiness....no where do I remember from
8th grade civics, did it say "if INS lets you...." So, lets call
oprah, dr phil and even montel!!!!! just my thoughts...Kelly & John

Old Feb 22nd 2003, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

sandy- pie is an unknown quantity at this point

shoot, im in. she has whole shows on people getting scammed...i feel like i am getting scammed. sounds like we should get her involved. maybe at least she could get us some answers, i bet she rubs elbows with some government officials. she was once called the most powerful woman in America, this is sounding better and better.

sandy
Old Feb 22nd 2003, 2:45 am
Wisdom Over Wealth

Do we have to recruit a ring leader? or are we all going it alone? This way
all Service (hehehe) Centers are involved! Hip Hip Hooray!

Old Feb 22nd 2003, 3:44 pm
Tallon

So funny! I wrote the Oprah show to tell them about this amazing immigration
experience! Told them there are hundreds of us ...out there..in love with
people we can't be with because of the process....haven't heard back yet..but
heck..u never know!

Old Feb 22nd 2003, 4:18 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Tallon
So funny! I wrote the Oprah show to tell them about this amazing immigration experience! Told them there are hundreds of us ...out there..in love with people we can't be with because of the process....haven't heard back yet..but heck..u never know!
I agree -- because whether you love her or hate her, people LISTEN to Oprah. And what better story to feature than that of hundreds (thousands?) of law-abiding, tax-paying American citizens who are "doing the right thing" but have their dreams on hold because they happened to fall in love with someone who is not an American citizen?

On the other hand, however, I've been hoping Oprah would have a show on online relationships -- one with a POSITIVE spin -- because the stigma is still there. The few times she's mentioned OLRs, it's only been to highlight the potential dangers involved, implying anyone who's in an OLR is either an axe-murderer or a freak. And given how many international relationships start out online, I'm not so sure she'd find this issue worthy of mention, either... *sigh*

But if we WERE to get someone like Oprah to pay attention to us, what would be the best way to do it? Inundate her with individual letters regarding our particular (yet related) situations? Or one letter, describing our shared experience and frustration, with scores and scores of signatures from people all over the country??

While I'm usually a less-is-more kind of person, I would think the "inundation" method would have to be the way to go, given how many thousands of letters someone like Oprah gets on a weekly basis. It would be too easy for the one petition-like letter to get lost amongst all the others -- but hundreds of letters describing the same problem might grab more attention.

~ Jenney
Old Feb 22nd 2003, 5:11 pm
Wisdom Over Wealth

I was thinking we all send our indy letters and photos to our spokes
person.... then collect them all in one big package and send it in...
something a little odd might get more attention... maybe with little flags
representing our countries.. We could send them to other's as well..

Old Feb 22nd 2003, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Default OPrah

I just looked on Oprahs site and there is a section where you can suggest a show topic...What I think we should do is everyone should write basically the same thing - so they think its not just a weird coinsidence(spelling) that they are getting all the same show ideas AND then we should send all of our individual stories to her as well so that she has something physical of us to see and read, but we should mark them all with the same suggested show title so that the producers know we are all together in this.

All the USC's as well as the Foreign Fiancees should send in pics and storys so she gets shitloads of mail and emails from us.????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.