Wikiposts

Marrying a USC

Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:25 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marrying a USC

Originally Posted by Wanderer1986
I'm not being a brat, Ray just didn't seem to understand what i was asking. That link doesn't really help though. I recall reading a post where someone had applied for a visa to bring their future wife to the UK i.e before they married. Then he had gone to the USA, married her, then brought her back to the UK immediately after the wedding. He didn't have to marry then apply for a visa?
Calm down, it may be that you do not understand the question you are asking.

AFAIK, you can sponsor your love interest to come to the UK to live under two flavors: Fiance(e) or Spouse. If fiance(e), she applies for that visa, comes to the UK, marries you and gets to stay.
You want to get married in the US, so that plan won't work.

The Spouse visa process is detailed in this link: http://www.britainusa.com/visas/arti...=41000&a=41033
The marriage certificate is a required piece of evidence, so you have to be married to start/get this visa.

I have never heard of a Spouse visa you can apply for before you are married.
You may have remembered the story incorrectly?

You can find a US-->UK discussion group similar to this one by googling uk-yankee
Thanks to penguinsix, I find the link to them here: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/

Last edited by meauxna; Jun 5th 2008 at 6:31 am.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Wanderer1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your help Fatbrit. It's nice to see someone at least try to help me. I appreciate it. I understand i might not be explaining myself brilliantly with what i want to know. But when you have a very basic understanding of immigration and you just want to be with your partner, it can be very confusing and extremely daunting.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Wanderer1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't mean to sound angry. I don't fully understand the processes, so i am trying to word it in a way that will help. Thank-you for the forum advice, i shall try that now. To be honest, i may have remembered the story incorrectly. That is the whole reason i came back on here to ask for further advice. I appreciate your help, you helped me last time too. I just don't appreciate being called blind and stupid when all i want is a little help, or a gentle push in the right direction
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:37 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wanderer1986
That is the whole reason i came back on here to ask for further advice. I appreciate your help, you helped me last time too. I just don't appreciate being called blind and stupid when all i want is a little help, or a gentle push in the right direction
You have two issues here:
1/ entering the US on a VWP to get married
2/ setting sail for the UK with your beloved.

For 1/ it's legal but you should know the caveats. These can be found on this board.

For 2/ use the link given, help from British Consul if you can raise him, and uk-yankee.com since they have much more information on what you need to do both before you get the visa and after land on the UK.