Wikiposts

Marrying a USC

Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:14 am
Just Joined

Wanderer1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marrying a USC

Hi, i know this isn't your speciality but i can't find any information elsewhere. In May next year, i will be travelling to the USA to marry my girlfriend. I will be travelling under the VWP. But we will be leaving the USA a week or so after the wedding to return to England (my country of residence). I am trying to find visa guidelines and requirements for my girlfriend. Can anyone post any useful information or a link?? I have searched high and low . I currently have no idea how much this will cost, how long it will take etc etc. I am looking to bring her to the UK as my wife, obviously. Thanks for your help
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:21 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marrying a USC

Originally Posted by Wanderer1986
But we will be leaving the USA a week or so after the wedding to return to England
to live there?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:24 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/arti...65035&L1=41000
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:26 am
Just Joined

My apologies, i didn't make that clear. Yes, to permanently live in the UK for at least 2 years. The reason being so my partner can gain a knowledge of my culture and we both agree it would be a great experience for her. Hopefully i haven't missed out any other details
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:32 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

My apologies, i didn't make that clear. Yes, to permanently live in the UK for at least 2 years. The reason being so my partner can gain a knowledge of my culture and we both agree it would be a great experience for her. Hopefully i haven't missed out any other details
You was already told this back in march ..
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:47 am
Just Joined

I was not told this back in March. I was told it was possible back in March. I am now looking for specific information on what needs to be done, and the cost of this. Otherwise i would not have needed to ask again
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:50 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I was not told this back in March. I was told it was possible back in March. I am now looking for specific information on what needs to be done, and the cost of this. Otherwise i would not have needed to ask again
Don't be a brat--you were given the link last time: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...50&postcount=9
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:56 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

We have our very own British Consul on this very board. His user name is.....British Consul. Send him a PM and ask him if he could possibly come and answer this thread. He's a busy man -- so expect a few days before he replies.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:01 am
Ray

Originally Posted by fatbrit
We have our very own British Consul on this very board. His user name is.....British Consul. Send him a PM and ask him if he could possibly come and answer this thread. He's a busy man -- so expect a few days before he replies.
Yup ...Dean could give the same URL again...
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:03 am
Just Joined

I'm not being a brat, Ray just didn't seem to understand what i was asking. That link doesn't really help though. I recall reading a post where someone had applied for a visa to bring their future wife to the UK i.e before they married. Then he had gone to the USA, married her, then brought her back to the UK immediately after the wedding. He didn't have to marry then apply for a visa?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:07 am
Ray

I'm not being a brat, Ray just didn't seem to understand what i was asking. That link doesn't really help though. I recall reading a post where someone had applied for a visa to bring their future wife to the UK i.e before they married. Then he had gone to the USA, married her, then brought her back to the UK immediately after the wedding. He didn't have to marry then apply for a visa?
I understand fully ..and you need a visa ..period ...
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Ray, i have made it prefectly clear that i know i need a visa. Am i asking for help with researching the process. I have viewed the link posted, it didn't help. Hopefully someone will be able to help
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:11 am
Ray

Ray, i have made it prefectly clear that i know i need a visa. Am i asking for help with researching the process. I have viewed the link posted, it didn't help. Hopefully someone will be able to help
Then I can't help somebody who is blind and stupid
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:17 am
Just Joined

That is just offensive and there is no need for it. Quite what you get out of name calling over the internet, i am not sure
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:18 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Ray
Yup ...Dean could give the same URL again...
Dean deals with Brit holidaymakers in Orlando. I'm sure he has more patience than us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.