Reload this Page >

Marrying my US fiancee and living in UK

Marrying my US fiancee and living in UK

Old Jan 18th 2005, 12:31 am
2 hearts one goal

picard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marrying my US fiancee and living in UK

Hi people

its been a while since i was on here, but the situation has now changed. My fiancee has decide that she wants to marry me in the UK and live here for 2-3 years. How do we go about this please? I know it is a lot easier than me going to the US

thanks.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 1:51 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marrying my US fiancee and living in UK

Originally Posted by picard
Hi people

its been a while since i was on here, but the situation has now changed. My fiancee has decide that she wants to marry me in the UK and live here for 2-3 years. How do we go about this please? I know it is a lot easier than me going to the US

thanks.
She needs a fiancee visa from the UK. Check out the UK immigration website or the British Consulate for a starting point.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:14 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Marrying my US fiancee and living in UK

Originally Posted by picard
Hi people

thanks.
My wife (US citizen) went through the same process about 6 yrs ago - its bery simple compared to trying to get into the US - depending on the consulate/embassy in USA - you can just walk in (assuming you have all the correct documentation) and obtain the fiancee visa the same day. good luck!

Ant
Old Jan 18th 2005, 4:25 pm
~ Mr & Mrs ~

mvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant future
Default Re: Marrying my US fiancee and living in UK

Congrats to you My husband & I married in the states (he flew over for the wedding on VWP for a week), then we flew to the UK for residency. There was some confusion about which visa I would need...I couldn't apply for a spouse visa because we weren't married yet, and couldn't apply for a fiance visa because we would already be married when I arrived in the UK. We ended up moving our wedding date up, to make sure I had my spouse visa before our flight 5 days later...but then the snowstorm hit, and Fed Ex delayed delivering my passport and marriage certificate to the Consolate in Chicago, resulting in us making a last minute flight to Chicago to collect my passport as we couldn't risk Fed Ex delaying delivery and the possibility of missing our transatlantic flight 2 days later...I can laugh now, but was major trauma at the time!

Just my 2 rambling pennies worth if you did want a ceremony in the states, then return to UK...