marry on VWP

Old Oct 11th 2004, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: marry on VWP

Originally Posted by MightBe
And people wait 1-2 years on a K visa for AOS.
Did not wait long for Andrea who was on a non k visa, if fact she got her AOS before the K visa holders. From what I have seen they ALL get forgiven.
Can you name one person on here who never got through AOS. who was on a visa waiver.
That's all good and nice, but if you're so right then I don't think you'll have a problem answering my question in my earlier post.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 9:31 am
Bishop John MightBe

MightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
That's all good and nice, but if you're so right then I don't think you'll have a problem answering my question in my earlier post.
My apologies HunterGreen I did not think you question was serious. To get the changes made would require some legislation, People using this method would know in advance that hole was blocked. Of course that may effect the genuine spur of the moment marriages but that could be blocked easily by the marriage licence issuer being unable to issue a licence without seeing the appropiate K-1 visa. and K-3 would just be for marriage taking place out of the US. But surely it has sunk in now that the USCIS have no great problem with visa waiver marriages.

crg14624 That really is a crock of nonsense, The people who get refused entry are more likely to be K-1 users who travel across on a regular basic
and lets be honest most visa waiver marriages are not done on such a grand scale, more likely very low key affairs.
PS. I have not just got off the boat you know.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 10:58 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

My apologies HunterGreen I did not think you question was serious. To get the changes made would require some legislation, People using this method would know in advance that hole was blocked. Of course that may effect the genuine spur of the moment marriages but that could be blocked easily by the marriage licence issuer being unable to issue a licence without seeing the appropiate K-1 visa. and K-3 would just be for marriage taking place out of the US. But surely it has sunk in now that the USCIS have no great problem with visa waiver marriages.

crg14624 That really is a crock of nonsense, The people who get refused entry are more likely to be K-1 users who travel across on a regular basic
and lets be honest most visa waiver marriages are not done on such a grand scale, more likely very low key affairs.
PS. I have not just got off the boat you know.
I don't know where the venom came from. You're the one advocating that people commit illegal acts.

What gives you the impression that this is an illegal immigration help forum? Most of the people on here have navigated the system legally and aren't here to encourage or advise people to circumvent the law. Since they went through the time, money, and energy to immigrate properly, they probably look down on those who don't.

When someone takes your advice and gets ordered removed, then it's your fault.

Encouraging someone to circumvent the law as you describe is a violation of sections 274 of the INA and 8 USC 1324, which is a federal felony.

Just because there is only a 0.0000001% chance that you will be prosecuted for your "advice" doesn't mean you aren't committing a felony by your actions.

I didn't just get off the boat either, but I've put people back on the boat.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

People using this method would know in advance that hole was blocked.
So you're admitting it's a method, and if it was blocked they'd know in advance. Which takes all the non-intent out of it right there and then.

But surely it has sunk in now that the USCIS have no great problem with visa waiver marriages.
Again, that doesn't mean that it doesn't remain against the law. Along the same lines, I totally agree with what crg said: Just because there is only a 0.0000001% chance that you will be prosecuted for your "advice" doesn't mean you aren't committing a felony by your actions.

Last edited by HunterGreen; Oct 11th 2004 at 7:55 pm. Reason: typo and addition