Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Married US citizen, came in to country on visa waiver/ now expired...

Wikiposts

Married US citizen, came in to country on visa waiver/ now expired...

Old Sep 11th 2006, 11:32 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Married US citizen, came in to country on visa waiver/ now expired...

Originally Posted by Cool Dude
I really laughed when I read the last post. See, someone missed the
whole idea behind
groups and discussion boards.

When you have a problem you post a question to the board and people on
the board are supposed to give their opinions based on their experience
and first hand knowledge.
Also groups are supposed to be supportive and considerate.

Unfortunately, some people like to argue with others and pass
themselves as the moderators and the experts. All they succeed in
accomplishing is highten the anxiety of the original posters.

I stand by my opinion because it is based on my experience.

I encourage the poster to let us know what the lawyer said.

Thank you for lecturing me on how to participate in a forum that I've been participating in for over four years now already.

I see from your Usenet profile that you've been posting on this board for only about two months, which is probably why you don't know about the "10 foot pole" issue around here -- that is, entering the US with immigration intent on a nonimmigrant visa/VWP. The nickname comes from the phrase, "I wouldn't touch that with a 10-foot pole" -- because this is a sensitive topic on this board, it has resulted in numerous l-o-n-g threads in the past, and some regular posters won't even comment on it at all anymore. Do a forum search under "10 foot pole" to see what I'm talking about.

The purpose of my previous posts was not to argue with you, but to point out that it is not a good idea to speak in generalities on this issue. No more, no less.

~ Jenney
Old Sep 12th 2006, 12:42 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Married US citizen, came in to country on visa waiver/ now expired...

... make sure that an application for a work permit is included, because your interview could take up to a year depending on the backlog in you state and immigration has to give her the Employment Authorization Document within 90 days after applying...
I've got to agree with Jenney when she takes issue with your half-truths... like the one you posted here. While it's true that USCIS is expected to give you an EAD within 90 days of applying, the regular readers of this forum know that quite often they do not... and so people make an InfoPass appointment to find out why. Further, USCIS is obligated only to process the EAD paperwork, they are not obligated to approve the application - and this also happens from time to time. If you can not give accurate information, perhaps you should consider another forum... one where half-truths don't matter.

Oh, and if you think I haven't been doing this for a while, there are a few of us - me included - who were here when this forum started in 1998.

Ian
Old Sep 12th 2006, 6:05 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, some people like to argue with others and pass
themselves as the moderators and the experts.
Let's clear this up once and for all, shall we?
Moderators are clerks for britishexpats.com, period. We move threads and request that posters to *this board* follow the terms of service of *this website*.
That is the sum total of moderation duties within this group, that I'm aware of. Other boards carrying this group (alt.visa.us.marriage-based) may have their own moderators doing their own thing locally. Anyone can always read this board unfiltered and unmoderated via google/groups or the news server of their choice.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 11:14 am
Nilda

I have a friend who have overstayed for 2 years but was given 2 years Conditional GC can she travel safely to her county without getting a ban for 10 yrs? .

---
posted via:
http://www.visaforyou.org/eng/

Old Sep 13th 2006, 11:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nilda
I have a friend who have overstayed for 2 years but was given 2 years Conditional GC can she travel safely to her county without getting a ban for 10 yrs? .

---
posted via:
http://www.visaforyou.org/eng/
I believe once she is awarded her PR status (green card), she can travel safely.

Rene