Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Married today.What forms do we file tomorrow ?

Married today.What forms do we file tomorrow ?

Old Dec 23rd 2003, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Married today.What forms do we file tomorrow ?

Having finally tied the knot today with my beautiful mary Ann, we were wondering which forms do we need to download & file when we visit the BCIS tomorrow ? Is it just a AOS ?
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 12:57 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Married today.What forms do we file tomorrow ?

Congratulations on your marriage!!

This link will take you to the page on the USCIS site which contains a 'package' of forms to be downloaded and completed for your AOS.
Any other relevant forms not included in this package are also downloadable from this site.

AOS forms

Make sure your printer has plenty of ink; if I remember rightly, there's about 35 pages to print off!!

You can also check the USCIS site to find your 'local' office and see what can and cannot be filed there, (always best to know beforehand to save a trip).

Good luck and best wishes for the future together.

Tam
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

same link, just organized together on one page. You can see the list here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...?dlcategory=3.

good luck and have fun filling them out .

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Congratulations on your marriage!!

This link will take you to the page on the USCIS site which contains a 'package' of forms to be downloaded and completed for your AOS.
Any other relevant forms not included in this package are also downloadable from this site.

AOS forms

Make sure your printer has plenty of ink; if I remember rightly, there's about 35 pages to print off!!

You can also check the USCIS site to find your 'local' office and see what can and cannot be filed there, (always best to know beforehand to save a trip).

Good luck and best wishes for the future together.

Tam
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Having finally tied the knot today with my beautiful mary Ann, we were wondering which forms do we need to download & file when we visit the BCIS tomorrow ? Is it just a AOS ?
Congrats on your marriage, scrumpy
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Alecca is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, very sincere congratulations Doc
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 1:59 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Congratulations to you and Mrs Scrumpy, hope the cider was flowing nicely Where are you filing AOS? The processing times seem to vary wildly from place to place, see my timeline for the estimates Memphis, TN have given me. It seems a long time (18 months) but at least I can sit it out with my sweetheart

Debbie
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 3:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Steve2003
same link, just organized together on one page. You can see the list here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...?dlcategory=3.

good luck and have fun filling them out .
and you can view the filing experiences for your particular district office from the Mysterious Brown Envelope.

You will need:

I485
I325
I864
I765 (Employment) (optional)
I131 (Advance Parole) (optional)
I693 Medical Supplement (vaccination report)

Copies of:
birth certificates
I-94
K-1 visa
I-797 Approval Notice
Certified/Registered Marriage Certificate
Tax Transcripts for three years
bank letter (if applicable)
employment letter (if applicable)
ADIT photos

Etc.
Rete