some and very few immigrants do come with the right intentions,but not many
all they see is freedom and other things.they do not come to be husbands and
wives.
Bob wrote:
>> My British boyfriend is here in the US on a tourist visa. I am a US
>> citizen.
>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
>>
>> Please help!!! His tourist visa expires in 1 month!
>
>To add to what the others have said...search ten foot pole....
>
>VWP, you can marry and adjust if you didn't have immigration intent when
>you arrived, but if you did, then it is visa fraud...baring in mind
>there's no appeals if anything goes wrong trying to AOS on the VWP.
>
>As for him leaving and getting visa, depends on your circumstances.
>
>As for work, and SSN, depends on what visa he comes in on, or if you
>plan to AOS now...
>
>And waiting...yeah, with USCIS, get very use to that in deed.

Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:27 am
Abj

Default Re: Marriage on Tourist Visa, etc

yes!
meauxna wrote:
>> My British boyfriend is here in the US on a tourist visa. I am a US
>> citizen.
>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
>>
>> Please help!!! His tourist visa expires in 1 month!
>
>Sounds like you need to provide more information about yourselves to get
>any answers here.

Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:53 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Abj
please,take the advice from someone that knows,these kind of marriages do not work.i can tell you more.send me a message.
Of course some marriages fail ..... No matter what the
circumstance.
There is no evidence that immigrant marriages are any
worse than others ....

You just picked poorly ..
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:19 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
And can anyone prove he did? No!
And are the authorities particularly interested in proving he did? No!

Why do you let this subject wind you up so much, Ian?

Easy enough to prove if they were interested in doing so. Are they? Only takes one adjudicating officer to be curious to make your dreams go bust. Hey the odds are in your favor though.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:36 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Easy enough to prove if they were interested in doing so. Are they? Only takes one adjudicating officer to be curious to make your dreams go bust. Hey the odds are in your favor though.
Say they were well in your favour! Firstly, it ain't easy to prove unless you're really obvious about and, secondly, they don't seem to care most of the time anyway.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:08 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Say they were well in your favour! Firstly, it ain't easy to prove unless you're really obvious about and, secondly, they don't seem to care most of the time anyway.

Agreed on both points. I've always believed that people who approach marriage to a USC and subsequent immigration to the US based on that marriage, using the ~come to the US and we'll get married and file for your green card so we can life happily ever after~ as ignorant babes in the schoolroom. I don't believe they are doing so because of wanting to buck the system. But rather believing that their US Citizen affords them the right.

Having said that those foreign spouses have left a huge trail of undeniable evidence behind them when they enter the US, marry and remain to adjust status. All they need is someone to ask the right questions.

I've no clue what the statistics are for those who are asked and those who aren't and what the true odds would be in making it safely to resident status.

For these first time posters my stand as been of late to suggest they get the advice of an immigration attorney and then come back and we will have a wack at their paperwork if they wish to go this route.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 12:35 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

And can anyone prove he did? No!
It's quite easy to prove he did... by seeing what actions were taken prior to entering the US. Did he give up a job? A home? Settle debts? Sell the car? Well... you get the idea!

And are the authorities particularly interested in proving he did? No!
Sadly, true.

Why do you let this subject wind you up so much, Ian?
Good question. Mostly, it's because for every 100 people who adjust status in this way, only precious few *really* did not have intent when they crossed the border. That sets up a dangerous precedent, IMHO... the impression that they can "get away with it". Yes, and I know that the loophole exists... but that doesn't make it right. JMHO.

Ian
Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:51 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
but that doesn't make it right. JMHO.
If I were looking for things that weren't right in the US immigration system, it'd be item # six thousand, two hundred seventy-three on my list.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

It's quite easy to prove he did... by seeing what actions were taken prior to entering the US. Did he give up a job? A home? Settle debts? Sell the car? Well... you get the idea!

Sadly, true.

Good question. Mostly, it's because for every 100 people who adjust status in this way, only precious few *really* did not have intent when they crossed the border. That sets up a dangerous precedent, IMHO... the impression that they can "get away with it". Yes, and I know that the loophole exists... but that doesn't make it right. JMHO.

Ian
please tell me what JMHO means.........
Old Feb 26th 2007, 4:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
please tell me what JMHO means.........
Just My Humble Opinion.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
I'm with you - my fiance and I will spend at least 6 months, probably more apart, because we're doing it by the book, instead of him "visiting" this summer, getting married, and staying. And then hear about people taking the short cut...
Old Feb 26th 2007, 4:07 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Tracym
I'm with you - my fiance and I will spend at least 6 months, probably more apart, because we're doing it by the book, instead of him "visiting" this summer, getting married, and staying. And then hear about people taking the short cut...
So it's the little green giant?
Old Feb 26th 2007, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

So it's the little green giant?
You betcha! and not too proud to admit it.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Macieo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Abj
please,take the advice from someone that knows,these kind of marriages do not
work.i can tell you more.send me a message.
I meet my current husband when I was at college for a semester in England we then continued to talk on the phone and email he never wanted to live in America and the original plan was for me to move to England. He came to visit me in the US we did not plan on getting married but we eloped and we are still together 7 years later. I think these marriages work fine. He did the adjustment of status I don't know if we did things right but we had no issue with anything we got a lawyer and they did all the work basically.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:36 pm
abj via ImmigrationKB.com

well that is good for you,but lets see when you get to the 10th yr.
Macieo wrote:
>> please,take the advice from someone that knows,these kind of marriages
>> do not
>[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
>> >
>> >Please help!!! His tourist visa expires in 1 month!
>
>I meet my current husband when I was at college for a semester in
>England we then continued to talk on the phone and email he never wanted
>to live in America and the original plan was for me to move to England.
>He came to visit me in the US we did not plan on getting married but we
>eloped and we are still together 7 years later. I think these marriages
>work fine. He did the adjustment of status I don't know if we did things
>right but we had no issue with anything we got a lawyer and they did all
>the work basically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.