Hi All,

I'm soon to marry a USC, but I've overstayed my I-94 by 18 months. My
R visa B1/B2 Visa is active for several more years. Will I encounter
any trouble when filing the AOS?
Thanks in advance for your replies-
Will

Old Jan 17th 2005, 1:58 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all
Default Re: Marriage Overstay I-94

Originally Posted by GoodWill
Hi All,

I'm soon to marry a USC, but I've overstayed my I-94 by 18 months. My
R visa B1/B2 Visa is active for several more years. Will I encounter
any trouble when filing the AOS?
Thanks in advance for your replies-
Will
When marrying a USC you should be fine, overstays are usually forgiven, as long as nothing illegal has been done during your stay in the US.
Patrick
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Overstay I-94

Originally Posted by inquisitive40
When marrying a USC you should be fine, overstays are usually forgiven, as long as nothing illegal has been done during your stay in the US.
Patrick
And as long as you haven't left the country, an overstay of that length would trigger the ban automatically.
The length of the visa isn't what is important, it is the date on the I-94 that counts, but like said already, overstays are generally forgiven on AOS based on marriage to a USC.
Goodluck.