Marriage Based Visa

Old Jun 18th 2014, 2:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Based Visa

You mean the biometrics appointment? Maybe 6 to 8 weeks or so.

Rene
Old Jun 28th 2014, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

soccer20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Should I call them to see if they have any info?
Old Jun 28th 2014, 6:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soccer20
Should I call them to see if they have any info?
You can try, but take whatever "they" say with a grain of salt, as they probably don't really have a valid answer for you.

There really is no rush to get through the removal of conditions phase. You remain a US PR while the process is going on, so it's very low on USCIS priority list. Don't worry about it.

Rene
Old Oct 31st 2014, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

I still haven't received notice of my biometrics appointment. Do you sometime not get summoned for one?

I filed to remove conditions 5 and a half months ago. Called about 2 months ago and they said I'm fine at the moment.

When should I hear something?
Old Oct 31st 2014, 7:48 pm

You definitely will have a biometrics appointment. I'd say you're past due for it now. Make an Infopass appointment and inquire in person.

Rene
Old Nov 1st 2014, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Jerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond repute

Which service centre did you have to send to? Vermont is notoriously back logged. You have had your notice of receipt though?
Old Nov 5th 2014, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

I received a letter saying I'm permitted for travel. But I haven't had a specific receipt.

I actually called them and she said I was fine. I guess I will have to call again today.

This is silly!! and frustrating that they haven't given me notice yet
Old Nov 5th 2014, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

When I called to find out what was happening, they sent me an email which included this:

"A review of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records indicates that your biometric information is current, and it is not necessary for you to appear at an Application Support Center (ASC) for a biometrics appointment at this time. The biometrics fee will not be refunded. USCIS will contact you if updated biometric information or any other additional information is needed to process your petition. "
Old Nov 5th 2014, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soccer20
I received a letter saying I'm permitted for travel. But I haven't had a specific receipt.
A receipt for what?

I actually called them and she said I was fine. I guess I will have to call again today.
Why?

This is silly!! and frustrating that they haven't given me notice yet
Again... notice of what?

The biometrics fee will not be refunded.
This is a perfect example of the Ferengi's First Rule of Acquisition.

Ian
Old Nov 5th 2014, 2:00 pm

I see no reason to call them. You have the 1 year extension letter which proves they have your application. I find it unusual that you don't need biometrics, but oh well. .. you may get an appointment for that later, who knows. All you can do now is wait. I-751s area low priority for USCIS, so you may not hear anything for a long time. You can file the N-400 fire naturalization when you qualify; you don't have to wait for the I-751 to be adjudicated.

Rene