Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Marriage Annullment Question

Marriage Annullment Question

Old Apr 16th 2002, 11:40 pm
Kumar

Default Marriage Annullment Question

Hi, Please excuse me if i am posting my question on a wrong forum:

I got married 9 months back in india and me & my wife got a GC thru me at the time
of marraige at an indian consulate. (This is a "follow" to join spouse petetion made
by me at the same time as my consular processing for Green Card). Howvever she did
not like to stay in US and left back to india within 1 month of arrival. Now she is
not interested in living with me and is living with her parents in india. It is
appearing like she was forced into this marriage, though she will not admit. Despite
my best efforts she is not responding and has made it clear to me that she is not
intrested in continuing a relationship. She is about 20+ and beahves like a kid. Her
parents are stuck in a limbo and are not acting or responding to anything I say,
just evading me for past 8 months. Also our marraige is not consumated. I am
realizing that this marraige was a mistake and I would like to quitely end this
marraige. Can the marriage be annulled and what is the process ? Will this affect my
GC? Thanks in advance.

Old Apr 17th 2002, 1:40 am
Mrtravel

Default Re: Marriage Annullment Question

Kumar wrote:
    >
    > Hi, Please excuse me if i am posting my question on a wrong forum:
    >
    > I got married 9 months back in india and me & my wife got a GC thru me at the time
    > of marraige at an indian consulate. (This is a "follow" to join spouse petetion
    > made by me at the same time as my consular processing for Green Card). Howvever she
    > did not like to stay in US and left back to india within 1 month of arrival. Now
    > she is not interested in living with me and is living with her parents in india. It
    > is appearing like she was forced into this marriage, though she will not admit.
    > Despite my best efforts she is not responding and has made it clear to me that she
    > is not intrested in continuing a relationship. She is about 20+ and beahves like a
    > kid. Her parents are stuck in a limbo and are not acting or responding to anything
    > I say, just evading me for past 8 months. Also our marraige is not consumated. I am
    > realizing that this marraige was a mistake and I would like to quitely end this
    > marraige. Can the marriage be annulled and what is the process ? Will this affect
    > my GC? Thanks in advance.

Yes, it can be annulled. How you do it depends on the jurisdiction. It would be
easier if you had her cooperation. Find a lawyer.

It has no effect on your green card. I have no idea how it affects hers.

Good luck