Wikiposts

Marriage

Old Oct 23rd 2002, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

Yogi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage

Hi

Well.....the last couple of letters I was trying to see how I can extend my visa in order to be with my boyfriend (fiance).

Most replied by saying it will be possible, and others by I have lots to worry about. One said the best option is to get married even if we wanted just to stay together and be sure that we are ment to be.

So finally we have decided to get married.....we are inlove anyway.....and if it doesn't work at the old end we'll just split up.....not that we see that in our future.

So now the question is I guess........were do we go from here.

1. Get a marriage application......give it to who?

1.1 Do we have to do the whole wedding ceremony or can we as we planned just have a small get togheter type ceremony with legal priest.

1.2 Do we need photos as proof of the ceremony?

2. Get a marriage license valid for 3 months

Then what?

I am planning to get a immigration laywer to help me but i would like to know the procedures of (staying in Canada with "then my husband") myself instead of just trusting the word of the lawyer.

I am so exited, I can't wait! I am so in love, and I hope lots of you can experience true love!

Thanks
Yogi