Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Mark & Jenney.........Good Luck

Mark & Jenney.........Good Luck

Old Mar 21st 2003, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mark & Jenney.........Good Luck

Just a quick 'good luck' to you both for Monday. I am sure by now Mark has checked everything a million times and Jenney must be pacing the room in preperation, sometime around Monday lunchtime a huge weight will have been lifted from your shoulders.

Don't forget the toilet at Dr Phelans office, when you go downstairs for your x ray and blood test, its at the end near the water cooler, it's a must.

Once again the best of British luck to you, many of us I am sure, will be thinking about you.

Rob & Christine
Old Mar 21st 2003, 3:05 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll second that!!! All the very best to you both. He'll breeze through it, but I bet you'll still be worrying!!!! That's allowed, though! Can't wait to read the story!
Kate. xx
Old Mar 21st 2003, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

pondhopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pondhopper approval O/T

Hi Kate

I hope you are enjoying the sun. Our first NOA was the day before yours in September 02 and we got approved by TSC on Tuesday!!! good luck.
David
Old Mar 21st 2003, 3:50 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mark & Jenney.........Good Luck

Originally posted by robclews
Just a quick 'good luck' to you both for Monday. I am sure by now Mark has checked everything a million times and Jenney must be pacing the room in preperation, sometime around Monday lunchtime a huge weight will have been lifted from your shoulders.

Don't forget the toilet at Dr Phelans office, when you go downstairs for your x ray and blood test, its at the end near the water cooler, it's a must.

Once again the best of British luck to you, many of us I am sure, will be thinking about you.

Rob & Christine
Yes! All the best on Monday, I will be rooting for you from across the south side of the River Thames!

Debbie
Old Mar 21st 2003, 4:09 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pondhopper approval O/T

Originally posted by pondhopper
Hi Kate

I hope you are enjoying the sun. Our first NOA was the day before yours in September 02 and we got approved by TSC on Tuesday!!! good luck.
David
Many congrats to you and yours, David! The worst part's over now, and good luck with the rest of your journey! (The sun's burning me to a crisp, by the way!! Hehehehe!!)
Kate. xx
Old Mar 21st 2003, 6:53 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by robclews
Just a quick 'good luck' to you both for Monday.
I saw this thread and immediately blurted out, "AAWWWW!!!" How sweet of all of you to remember us just before our Big Day!!

Strangely, I can almost guarantee you that Mark HASN'T checked everything a million times -- he's such a cool cucumber, nothing really worries him too much! I'm the worry-wart of this family, for sure -- so yes, my carpet is already wearing thin!

All he has left to do is get photos taken, everything else is taken care of. Thankfully he got his vaccinations updated at the hospital earlier this week, which has saved us $83 by him not needing to get them at Dr Phelan's. For anyone preparing for their interview/medical in the UK, I strongly recommend doing this if you can.

I passed along others' advice for what to bring with him in addition to the paperwork -- an umbrella, something to snack on, and something to read. And, of course, I stressed the importance of him checking out the doc's loo, and I think he understands that I will be extremely disappointed if he neglects to do this task!

My biggest concern right now is the chance the Consulate might shut down Monday morning due to security concerns -- wouldn't that just SUCK?! But I'm thinking, if it's still open now, as long as it stays open through Monday afternoon, we'll be ok...

So -- this is it!! Three more days!!!! (Less, actually!) I'm so psyched!!! We wouldn't have gotten this far without all your help. I'll be sure to post an update when I have it -- thanks again for all your good wishes!!!

~ Jenney (& Mark, too)
Old Mar 21st 2003, 7:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't add my wishes to this thread as it was for Brits only.

Hey but what the heck. You are almost one of us anyway. Now we only have to teach to you write and speak properly :-)

Rete
Old Mar 21st 2003, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

pondhopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good luck Mark and Jenney

Have a great day at the doctors, Good luck with the interview and that is a great idea about the hospital, Did you arrange it through your own doctor ??

I hope to go to London in April / May for my I-129F Visa.

Hey Rete, If enough of us come on over do you think that we can teach you all to Spell, Stop at Red lights, walk between shops and drive on the correct side of the road ??

David
Old Mar 21st 2003, 9:35 pm
Son 5 & Daughter 2 1/2

Pete F is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to add our wishes for Monday..
We expect to hear Mark was heard to yell "Yeah Baby" after visiting the infamous loo.. :-)

Good Luck.. .. you'll walk it..

Pete & Carla
Old Mar 21st 2003, 9:44 pm
Son 5 & Daughter 2 1/2

Pete F is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to add our wishes for Monday..
We expect to hear Mark was heard to yell "Yeah Baby" after visiting the infamous loo.. :-)

Good Luck.. .. you'll walk it..

Pete & Carla
Old Mar 22nd 2003, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

keatslamia is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck guys; i'm flying over on the 2nd for his interview on the 4th; lets pray everything stays open...and safe.
i'm sure you'll let us all know how it went
coll
Old Mar 24th 2003, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

keatslamia is an unknown quantity at this point

should be hearing something real soon jenney??
please let us know how it goes and i hope it all goes smoothly!!!!
Old Mar 24th 2003, 12:56 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by keatslamia
should be hearing something real soon jenney??
please let us know how it goes and i hope it all goes smoothly!!!!
Yeah, soooooon!!! Mark and I agreed that he would ring me at 2pm GMT at the earliest (I just got home from work), so I haven't heard from him yet. He may wait until he gets home from London to call, which would add another hour to my wait time.

Oops... It's already 1.50pm.... Gotta get offline in a few mins to he can get through if he needs to!

I'll be sure to post an update -- I can't wait!!

~ Jenney *fingers still tightly crossed!*