Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Manila Embassy Experience-WE GOT THE VISAS!!

Manila Embassy Experience-WE GOT THE VISAS!!

Old Jan 30th 2004, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Dad of 3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Manila Embassy Experience-WE GOT THE VISAS!!

:PARTY::PARTY:SHE GOT THE VISA!!:PARTY::PARTY:

Mom of 3 and our daughter were approved for their K3/K4 visas yesterday-no extra waiting for administrative review. Overall, both the filipina who did the "pre-interview screening" and the consular officer keyed in on my previous marriages (I think to make sure that CebuWoman was aware of the marriages which is a good thing in the overall picture) and the filipina really pressed CebuWoman on how long I was in the Philippines for my visit in August. This is how it went:

4:00 AM---They arrive at the US Embassy-they are 10th in line.

6:00 AM—The embassy starts to process people through security and people go in.

7:10 AM---Mom of 3 called to Window X where she hands in her appointment letter and NO additional information or relationship evidence.

7:40-They are third to be called to window 301 to be "screened" by a filipina and are asked the following:

1. Who petitioned you?
2. What does he do for a living?
3. When did you first meet him?
4. How many times did he visit you?
5. When did you last see him
6. How long was he here?
7. How many times has he been married?
8. Who was his last wife?
9. Is she a filipina?
10. How many children does he have?
11. What are their names

The filipina told Mom of 3that they could go sit down and wait for their name to be called. At about 8:05 they were called to the window where the consular officer was waiting. The officer was a female and was very nice to her. As soon as Mom of 3 sat down, the consular officer gave her back all the relationship evidence handed in at St. Lukes the week before. Mom of 3 was NEVER asked to produce any pictures, other cards, phone call records or anything else. With one exception, no one asked anything about our daughter and her biological father. The interview with the consular officer was a little shorter. Mom of 3 was asked to raise her right hand and put under oath and then asked:

1. Who petitioned you?
2. What day were you married?
3. Is your Husband the father of your daughter?
4. Were you ever married to your daughter's father?
5. How many times has your husband been married?
6. How did the marriages end?
7. How many children does he have?

arty:The consular officer then told her she was approved,arty: to go sit down and wait for her name to be called. A few minutes later she was called to another window, given half of the green and white card that says Immigrant Visa Approved, US Embassy Manila and told the visa would be delivered via courier in 5-7 days. Mom of 3 was standing outside the Embassy calling me at 8:20 AM local time.

Mom of 3 and my daughter will fly to Florida on February 11, 2004 and we will move onto the next immigration phase…
Old Jan 30th 2004, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manila Embassy Experience-WE GOT THE VISAS!!

Originally posted by Dad of 3

Mom of 3 and our daughter were approved for their K3/K4 visas yesterday-no extra waiting for administrative review. Overall, both the filipina who did the "pre-interview screening" and the consular officer keyed in on my previous marriages (I think to make sure that CebuWoman was aware of the marriages which is a good thing in the overall picture) and the filipina really pressed CebuWoman on how long I was in the Philippines for my visit in August. This is how it went:

7:10 AM---Mom of 3 called to Window X where she hands in her appointment letter and NO additional information or relationship evidence.

7:40-They are third to be called to window 301 to be "screened" by a filipina and are asked the following:

1. Who petitioned you?
6. How long was he here?
9. Is she a filipina?
11. What are their names

The filipina told Mom of 3that they could go sit down and wait for their name to be called. At about 8:05 they were called to the window where the consular officer was waiting. The officer was a female and was very nice to her. As soon as Mom of 3 sat down, the consular officer gave her back all the relationship evidence handed in at St. Lukes the week before. Mom of 3 was NEVER asked to produce any pictures, other cards, phone call records or anything else. With one exception, no one asked anything about our daughter and her biological father. The interview with the consular officer was a little shorter. Mom of 3 was asked to raise her right hand and put under oath and then asked:

1. Who petitioned you?

arty:The consular officer then told her she was approved,arty: to go sit down and wait for her name to be called. A few minutes later she was called to another window, given half of the green and white card that says Immigrant Visa Approved, US Embassy Manila and told the visa would be delivered via courier in 5-7 days. Mom of 3 was standing outside the Embassy calling me at 8:20 AM local time.

Mom of 3 and my daughter will fly to Florida on February 11, 2004 and we will move onto the next immigration phase…
Congratulations Dad..... great news !!
Old Jan 30th 2004, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice

Yeeeha!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Hey - everyone's getting approvals! Don't leave us all behind!!!

Kath
Old Jan 30th 2004, 6:17 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dad,

Wonderful to hear. I'm glad it was relatively painless for the both of you (or should I say the 5 of you?) Good luck with the next phase. You and I should be neck in neck on a lot our adjusting paperwork, so I'll keep tabs on your progress.

Congratulations and..............

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO AND HOOOOOOOOOOOOO AND...........

:PARTY: :PARTY:

Leslie
Old Jan 30th 2004, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I just can't believe what a wonderful week this has been!!! I'm glad that you will soon be reunited with your wife and your daughter.

Lily,
Old Jan 30th 2004, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

Many hearty congratulations!!!
Old Jan 30th 2004, 10:56 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

1. Who petitioned you?
6. How long was he here?
9. Is she a filipina?
11. What are their names

1. Who petitioned you?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!
PARTY TIME!!:PARTY: :PARTY:
Why did she get there that early??
Old Jan 30th 2004, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Redbutterfly is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATULATIONS.....
Old Jan 31st 2004, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!
Old Jan 31st 2004, 3:35 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you both, and sincerest thanks for the encouragement and advice you have offered on the NG.

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (back to watching the clock)
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Dorceia is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Who petitioned you?
6. How long was he here?
9. Is she a filipina?
11. What are their names

1. Who petitioned you?

Great News!! Congratulations!!
Old Jan 31st 2004, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulationssss!!!

Now have that rice & rice cooker ready before they arrive
Old Jan 31st 2004, 1:42 pm
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to all of you! Best of luck on your new life together
Old Jan 31st 2004, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Dad of 3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks to all for your good wishes. The rice cooker is a high priority right after I finish cleaning up the house. I almost forgot that the color of the grout between the tiles is really white!!

Dad of 3
Old Feb 1st 2004, 7:34 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks to all for your good wishes. The rice cooker is a high priority right after I finish cleaning up the house. I almost forgot that the color of the grout between the tiles is really white!!

Dad of 3
Hi Dad! Say hi to Mom for me. You should have started cleaning the house before now!! If you're clever you'll out-source that little job and start practicing your rice cooking post-haste. You are the one that will be using the rice-cooker, right??

Again, congratulations.

Leslie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.