Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Male not seeking EAD :)

Male not seeking EAD :)

Old Oct 9th 2003, 1:49 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Gasherjohn
Thanks all,

If I am that successful with personal ads I wonder what I can ask for next?

Winning lottery ticket required by male with big smile clutching small document?

Star Trek transporter device wanted for father hoping to see his kids easily and to avoid US bureacracy?

Sensible trolls required for friendly forum?

Cure found for multiple personality disorder?

and most important....
Perfect job required for hard working Welshman!

John
He he he he he.

LMAO

Leslie
Old Oct 9th 2003, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Originally posted by jcapulet
My husband just got his EAD yesterday He was fingerprinted, and his print was printed on the EAD itself. Glad to hear you got the appt. letter and have fun with the job hunting.

Juliet
That is not the fingerprinting appt he was referring to. While they do take a print to go onto your EAD, there is also a complete set of prints that needs to be done.

John, what kind of job are you seeking and where?
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:10 am
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OT Another personal ad

Originally posted by DCMark
That is not the fingerprinting appt he was referring to. While they do take a print to go onto your EAD, there is also a complete set of prints that needs to be done.

John, what kind of job are you seeking and where?
That's right, I was hoping that they would do the fingerprinting at the same time so that I don't have to travel all the way to Cherry Hill two weeks later!

Jobwise, I have a background that includes 15 years of accountancy, preparing accounts for sole traders and partnerships mostly from incomplete records (that's where my creativity comes from!), payroll, VAT and I also did the book-keeping for a few lawyers. Originally I qualified in the trustee department of a major UK bank doing estate administration (wills and probate etc) which included a year dealing with offshore tax work in the Caribbean.

However, for the last five years I have run a company doing website design and maintaining local content websites for the area where we conducted our business. I would prefer to stay in that field and I have considered running my own business over here but the fact that I would be starting from scratch is a discouragement. Also, every man and his dog seems to be able to design a website nowadays! Hopefully my experience and ability raises me above the hobby designer but if I have to go back to accountancy or legal book-keeping then I can't be fussy as it is more important to work.

The area I am looking for would be South NJ, Philadelphia, North Delaware or North Maryland..

Thanks for suggesting that I post my personal ad, perhaps it might be as succesful as the last one

John
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

For you sake I was hoping you had a fluency in arabic or something like that. Definetely in demand these days.

Are you experienced in GAAP standards? How different in the UK system?

As for web design, you really have plenty of competition here. Sorry.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:14 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Male not seeking EAD :)

All,

I see that I have been contradicted on my response item #2. The others are correct. I appologize for posting incorrect information and for any confusion that I may have created.

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
jOHN,

1) Right.

2) No. Fingerprinting is not required for the EAD.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:19 am
Wales is next to England

For you sake I was hoping you had a fluency in arabic or something like that. Definetely in demand these days.

I can adapt to the US standards. The general principles are all the same.

I do have some ability in Welsh, some might say that is similar to Arabic!

On the web design point, I have seen some of the websites which "professional" designers produce over here and, well, let's just say that I wouldn't want to put my name on the bottom of them!

John
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:20 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT Another personal ad

John,

You live in southern New Jersey? When my ex-wife did her AOS at Cherry Hill 2 years ago she was sent to the Application Support Center in Philadelphia for fingerprinting. That appointment was a month or so before her interview appointment in Cherry Hill. It was completely separate from the visit we made to get her her EAD.

Originally posted by Gasherjohn
That's right, I was hoping that they would do the fingerprinting at the same time so that I don't have to travel all the way to Cherry Hill two weeks later!

John
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:24 am
Wales is next to England

Default Re: OT Another personal ad

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
John,

You live in southern New Jersey? When my ex-wife did her AOS at Cherry Hill 2 years ago she was sent to the Application Support Center in Philadelphia for fingerprinting. That appointment was a month or so before her interview appointment in Cherry Hill. It was completely separate from the visit we made to get her her EAD.
Jeff,

Yeh, I feared it might be separate but I wasn't expecting it to be in Philly.... we shall see!

Use my profile to send me an email if you are in South NJ and interested in getting in touch.

John
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:26 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congrats!!

CONGRATULATIONS JOHN
Time for moving your butt lol..
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:35 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is fluent in Arabic, French and English. Reads writes and speaks them all plus dabbles in Spanish and German. Can you get him a job??

Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Leslie66
My husband is fluent in Arabic, French and English. Reads writes and speaks them all plus dabbles in Spanish and German. Can you get him a job??

I was thinking the Dept of Homeland Security. I guess it would be next to impossible to be from the Middle East and get a job there, at least until you have citizenship.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:58 am
WTF?

I was thinking the Dept of Homeland Security. I guess it would be next to impossible to be from the Middle East and get a job there, at least until you have citizenship.

He's not from the middle-east but Morocco is a Muslim country so I think it would be highly unlikely. I was actually joking, he has a job waiting for him, thank god. But right now we are completely open to anything.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:55 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, John - I can't wait for that time myself Meantime I was thinking of working on a personal website to keep myself busy while not employed. I am a complete novice. Any suggestions? Has to be free website, and I don't have any software either ......

Debbie
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:06 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dbark
Congratulations, John - I can't wait for that time myself Meantime I was thinking of working on a personal website to keep myself busy while not employed. I am a complete novice. Any suggestions? Has to be free website, and I don't have any software either ......

Debbie
Ooooohhh, Debbie!!!! I've started constructing a site, but I don't have much time to get stuck in, so it's taking me a while. If you go to Yahoo Geocities, you can build a free site, as long as you don't mind advertisements on it. The only ad I've seen on my "what your page will look like" page is one tiny one that you can get click on if you don't want to see it.

It has some cool add-ons, and you can design it however you want. It's ever so good!!!!

Kate. xxxx
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:27 am
Wales is next to England

Default OT website advice

Originally posted by dbark

Debbie
Your internet provider may give you free webspace which should be ok for personal use. Many companies give free webspace but I personally detest the adverts which pop up all over the place so it isn't something I would use. Do a search in Google. You won't get your own domain name like dbark.com with free webspace but there are places on the internet which offer domain names very reasonably priced and sometimes give free or cheap webspace as part of the package.

If you don't want to splash out on software then I think there are a few free web editing packages available but I wouldn't personally use Front Page and haven't met any professional developers who would.... it's a matter of personal choice I guess! Try searching on Google again.

It is possible to create a webpage in notepad and plain html but you will probably find that difficult and you might not be impressed with the end result as a beginner. Go for some software which will do the job for you.

You will need to know how to edit and compress images as well so that they don't take half an hour to download. Try and get some software which will do that. Have a good hunt around your computer as you may already have something installed which will do the job, perhaps you installed something with a digital camera.

The other thing to learn is how to ftp the files to your hosting providers server. FTP programs are available as shareware and will involve a little bit of a learning curve.

Alternatively, there are some webpage creation websites, possibly where you buy the domain name, which will make it really simple for you to create a good looking basic website and make the job of uploading files easy for you. Most will involve a monthly fee though.

Your best bet may be to check out your internet service provider first and see what they offer and sometimes they will give basic advice as well.

The urls may help as a starting point:
http://www.maxpatch.com/resource1.html
http://www.webmastersonly.com/
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/
http://www.internet-magazine.com/

I hope this helps.

John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.