Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

mailing out packet 3 to london

mailing out packet 3 to london

Old Oct 21st 2002, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mailing out packet 3 to london

Ok, im mailing out packet 3 this morning to London, with my original approval notice (it eventually came this morning), its been 72days since the NVC received my approved petition but as yet we havent received anything from them, now my question is, does the NVC still have to send me packet 3 out and all that good stuff or can london process me with the info i have submitted, the only difference i can see between the two places is who you give your money too, i know deep down that we are still going to have to wait on the NVC but im hoping that london can do it, any thoughts or experiences on this will be greatly appreciated,
thanks

dee
Old Oct 21st 2002, 8:43 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mailing out packet 3 to london

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:
Ok, im mailing out packet 3 this morning to London, with my original approval notice (it eventually came this morning), its been 72days since the NVC received my approved petition but as yet we havent received anything from them, now my question is, does the NVC still have to send me packet 3 out and all that good stuff or can london process me with the info i have submitted, the only difference i can see between the two places is who you give your money too, i know deep down that we are still going to have to wait on the NVC but im hoping that london can do it, any thoughts or experiences on this will be greatly appreciated,
thanks

dee
Hi Dee,

I believe (from what I read on the US embassy web site) that once you have your NOA from the NVC thats the end of the NVC's dealings with your petition. Everything else is now handled by by the INS dept in the London Embassy. This now means with the current backlog you are looking at 2 months ish before you get your interview date (this is speculation as times seem to be differing greatly at the moment).

The next two things you will receive are the packet 3 (sent out automatically when London receives the NOA from the NVC) and the letter telling you what Police Certificates you need - this will have your case number on it. What all this does mean is that you are finally on the home straight.

Good Luck and God Speed

Patrick
Old Oct 21st 2002, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

I havent got my NOA from the NVC, but my hubbie got the congressman to call the NVC and she managed to get my case number from them, i have sent packet 3 and i have all the other documents for the interview etc... lets hope that it does the same thing, thanks patrick for all the information you give me.

dee
Old Oct 21st 2002, 6:28 pm
Leslie

I think when you get your interview in London goes by your "proposed
date of travel" more than anything. At least that's what I am hoping.

Leslie