Madrid K1 Report

Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:30 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Madrid K1 Report

I went to the docs this morning to get my results at 9,30am. They were late coming in due to rain (well silly me of course that would delay it)

I was cutting it fine but just got to the Embassy for 10.30am. I was the only K visa for the day. No queues at all to get in.

They donテつエt let you take in anything other than your paperwork so be prepared to have to leave your handbags and briefcases at security.

I got called straight to window 16 and the nice lady went through all my paperwork. She seemed to take a very long time with my birth cert but I had the original long form and 5 certified copies which Iテつエd got done at the British consulate in Alicante.

The other forms I handed over were the DS156, DS156k DS230 parts 1 and 2. I wasnテつエt using the I134 but instead provided my own financial details which was all fine. I also had two ADIT style photos. Long story but I donテつエt have a reliable mail service in my village and never received either the packet 3 or 4. Instead I downloaded the forms and that was all fine with the consulate.

I was missing the DS157 which apparently you do have to do regardless of sex or country of origin. I filled in another there and then and then took a seat to wait to be called again.

I had to wait about 15 mins and got chatting to various American people who had all been robbed and were getting replacement passports etc., One was from a place about 10 mins from my new home so we had a nice chat.

Other than that it was really quiet in there with maybe 20 people in all waiting for various things.

After 15 mins I got called up to Window Three. The lovely Con Off, David swore me in.

He asked me what Steve did for a living, then we had a quick chat about flying. He asked me where I was going to live. He knew the place so we had a chat about that. He asked me about my job in London and we had a quick chat about the weather which was pretty awful.

I wasnテつエt asked for proof of relationship or anything else. He asked me what I thought of life in Spain. I told him and he tended to agree!

That was it. He said everything was fine, that he was happy to grant my visa. He briefly explained the conditions of the visa. Due to my postal probs he said I could come back tomorrow to collect it or he would courier it. I opted for courier as I have too much to do back at home to spend another night in Madrid.

I was out by 11.30 and popped over to Starbucks to see my mum!

All in all, after my anxiety of the morning and the last 48 hours I was amazed I was in and out so quickly. They were really lovely people and very helpful.

Iテつエm flying back to the Costa tonight and will start booking flights etc.,
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Madrid K1 Report

Congratulations, Sibs!! That's wonderful news!! Hooray!!!
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:34 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Wooooooohooooooooo!

Nice one Sibs, congratulations!

Just sent ya a PM, (couldn't wait to read your report) lol that'll teach me!

Best wishes

Tam
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Sibsie...
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonderful news sibsie!!! I'm happy it was that easy Congratulations!!!! Were you able to get the "certificado de antecedentes penales" in Madrid ok? Let us know when you will be flying over, ok?

Lily,
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:42 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Michi
Wonderful news sibsie!!! I'm happy it was that easy Congratulations!!!! Were you able to get the "certificado de antecedentes penales" in Madrid ok? Let us know when you will be flying over, ok?

Lily,
Hi Michi. I applied for it yesterday and it is done overnight. Mum went in a cab to get it this morning while I was at the docs so it worked out perfectly.

Note to others in Spain. If you apply for your police cert in Madrid it does take 24 hours to get done. I would have gone to my own region but as Michi will tell you they are not the most helpful or reliable people on the planet down my way!

Michi as soon as youテつエve sent back the P3 you can call and get a date over the phone. They did say they donテつエt have many Ks going out of Madrid
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:42 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Wohoooooo! So happy to hear that it went smoothly (not that I had any doubt at all, but still good to know!)

So when ya comin'? Wanna pop by Chicago?

~SG and Mr. P.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:44 pm
C.G.D.S

Originally posted by SecretGarden
So when ya comin'? Wanna pop by Chicago?

~SG and Mr. P.
Hi Mrs Pink Garden. Iテつエll be off in about 14 days and Iテつエm a frequent visitor to Chicago so Iテつエll defo be looking you up.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:44 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
I went to the docs this morning to get my results at 9,30am. They were late coming in due to rain (well silly me of course that would delay it)
The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain, but as an excuse to be late is pretty lame.

Congratulations, Sibs. Can't wait to until get you over here.

Leslie

:PARTY:
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

sdmousy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sibsie!

Congratulations!!! Yippee!
I was just wondering if you were a Spanish resident? The reason why I'm asking is b/c my fiance has been asked to get a police clearance from Spain but we didn't think that we could get one b/c he was never a Spanish resident....
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:50 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Sibsie!!!
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats sibsie! Yeahhhh way to go. I'm so happy for you.

Angela
Old Feb 24th 2004, 3:19 pm
Eric S.

Hi sibise,

Congrats on your K-1. Sounds like you had the same Con Off we did, David
McGuire. Yes, he was pretty nice.

How did it end up with your medical exam? Did you get all those unneccesary
vaccinations or not?

- Eric S.

Old Feb 24th 2004, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats for this wonderful news..you re going also to Boston..right?I m flying in to Boston on march 11!!Good luck sibsie
Old Feb 24th 2004, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Originally posted by cutenurse300
Congrats for this wonderful news..you re going also to Boston..right?I m flying in to Boston on march 11!!Good luck sibsie
Bloody excellent Sibs! Glad it went well for you. At least the mad panic that is likely to ensue as you get ready to leave Spain will only be temporary. Hopefully you'll be able to put your feet up and relax for a while once you get here.

How exciting! When do you get to move into your new home?

Hope all goes well and can't wait to catch up again this side of the pond.

PS: Will you be using gripper knickers, push up bra and lipstick for one last time for your K1 Boston POE?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.