Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

LPR spouse VISA and conditions

LPR spouse VISA and conditions

Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPR spouse VISA and conditions

Originally Posted by fawad112
oopss I was thinking of leaving USA on 29th , didn't have a clue that this will take this long . what are the chances of 1 week and they also have an expediating service. Will this help ?
Instead of thinking of leaving on the 29th, why not wait to make a decision on when to leave until after you have the biometrics done for the re-entry permit? Then you will know for sure you got that done and can then comfortably buy a ticket to leave the USA.

Rene
Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

fawad112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Instead of thinking of leaving on the 29th, why not wait to make a decision on when to leave until after you have the biometrics done for the re-entry permit? Then you will know for sure you got that done and can then comfortably buy a ticket to leave the USA.

Rene
Yeah I was thinking of that was just trying to get an estimate processing time but no one knows how long would it take..
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I was thinking of that was just trying to get an estimate processing time but no one knows how long would it take..
That's true. I would agree with meauxna that it's probably more in the "few weeks" range...but there are always exceptions. Your notice could get lost in the mail, etc. It's really best not to commit to a travel date until you *at least* know when your biometrics date is...and if it were me, I wouldn't buy a ticket until after I got my biometrics done. The same day I get them done, I'd buy the ticket for 2 or 3 weeks later (or if you're rich, buy a ticket for the very next day. lol)

Rene
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:31 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

That's true. I would agree with meauxna that it's probably more in the "few weeks" range...but there are always exceptions. Your notice could get lost in the mail, etc. It's really best not to commit to a travel date until you *at least* know when your biometrics date is...and if it were me, I wouldn't buy a ticket until after I got my biometrics done. The same day I get them done, I'd buy the ticket for 2 or 3 weeks later (or if you're rich, buy a ticket for the very next day. lol)

Rene
Also, as soon as you get the biometrics appointment letter, you can take it to the ASC and ask for an early appointment, right?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Also, as soon as you get the biometrics appointment letter, you can take it to the ASC and ask for an early appointment, right?
Hi , I checked online on couple of forum and most of them got there Finger Priting within 4 weeks. Even if they did not expediate it. I think I have a Good Change of gettign this done within 4 weeks or less if I expediate it. I am going to apply today within few hours let see what happens
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:44 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thanks for clearifying. I would like to know the processing time of the re entry permit. If I apply on monday that is 10th Novemeber. How soon can I have the biometeric fingerprinting.
Hi:

As soon as CIS provides you the notice, but not before.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by meauxna
Yes.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Yes.
Hi thanks for all your help . I am stuck again

What reason should I give, i mean I am going there to marriage but Will this be enough to give me 2 years permit? and they say that they have to see the purpose so as to expediate that process.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:19 am

Hi thanks for all your help . I am stuck again

What reason should I give, i mean I am going there to marriage but Will this be enough to give me 2 years permit? and they say that they have to see the purpose so as to expediate that process.
You should give them whatever the honest reason is that you are going there. Never lie on any immigration type of form or application, ever.

Rene
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Fawad, since you are going to be out of the US for so long, don't forget to have someone that can check your mail at your address, for any correspondance from USCIS, so they can forward it to you. This is especially true since it appears you plan on leaving the US before having the re-entry permit in hand. You will need that re-entry permit whenever you return.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Fawad, since you are going to be out of the US for so long, don't forget to have someone that can check your mail at your address, for any correspondance from USCIS, so they can forward it to you. This is especially true since it appears you plan on leaving the US before having the re-entry permit in hand. You will need that re-entry permit whenever you return.
Hi thanks. Yes my family is here I m going just going with my parents so I don't have any problem , my brother can mail me the permit .
Old Nov 17th 2008, 5:54 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks. Yes my family is here I m going just going with my parents so I don't have any problem , my brother can mail me the permit .
Hi,, just rececived the appointment date of 25th November for biometric . I sent the request on 7th November. payment and I 131 received on 10th .. they sent me a letter on 11th that they have received the information and payment. and appoint letter received on 17th .. I wrote expedite on the envolope. Where thing worked great

Thank you all for the help
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Roxio is an unknown quantity at this point

I said I am about to get married
LPRs waiting for their spouses to join is a long pending and a very painful issue.I am myself suffering from it.i got married just an year and a half into my LPR status and have been away from her since except making short visits.Visits are costly and one has to risk a job and even the LPR status just to save the marriage.
One can understand Fawad's dilemma.There are situations when it is absurd to wait 4 years to get married when you know someone.There are heartbreaking stories of two loved ones separated forever only because of absurd US immigration laws that that keep you separated for years.

A legislation has been drafted by Congress,but it hasn't moved to the next stage for the last 5 months.It is like watching the grass grow.

It can take several months for things to move in the Congress while the separated husband and spouse spend painful time being separated.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Roxio is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a peculiar catch22 situation when using the re-entry permit to go spend time with your family.When you return after 2 years,everything is reset to zero.All the time spent before comes to naught and you are back to starting your residence period again.
This means that once back,you have to wait an even longer period to get naturalized and obviously more time to get your family here.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:36 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roxio
i got married just an year and a half into my LPR status and have been away from her since except making short visits.
While I am not unmindful of your difficult situation... this was your choice!

There are heartbreaking stories of two loved ones separated forever only because of absurd US immigration laws that that keep you separated for years.
US immigration laws are specifically designed to keep non-US citizens *out* of the US. Again... your choice.

It can take several months for things to move in the Congress while the separated husband and spouse spend painful time being separated.
In the case of immigration reform... it'll be years, not months. It isn't very high up on President Obama's "to do" list.

This means that once back,you have to wait an even longer period to get naturalized and obviously more time to get your family here.
The solution is obvious... stay in the US long enough to qualify for naturalization. Short-term pain for long-term gain. You have to make a decision as to what is more important to you. If being with your family is more important... you always have the option of leaving the US. If bringing your family to the US is more important, you remain here long enough to qualify for naturalization.

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.