Lost X-ray CD

Old Jan 16th 2012, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

paul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nice
Default Lost X-ray CD

So I had my CR-1 interview on Friday and was approved (good) but sometime during the day I was pick-pocketed for the folder with all my original documentation and the X-ray/medical CD they gave me on the day (bad).

I've only just realized the CD was in that folder, so I'll call the embassy tomorrow and see what they say, but, unlikely as it is, does anyone have any idea if it can be replaced? I can go back to the medical place if need be, and my medical was clean, but the visa woman at the embassy also told me if I didn't have the CD at the POE then they could refuse entry.

Inconvenient is putting it mildly.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 10:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost X-ray CD

Originally Posted by paul2012
So I had my CR-1 interview on Friday and was approved (good) but sometime during the day I was pick-pocketed for the folder with all my original documentation and the X-ray/medical CD they gave me on the day (bad).

I've only just realized the CD was in that folder, so I'll call the embassy tomorrow and see what they say, but, unlikely as it is, does anyone have any idea if it can be replaced? I can go back to the medical place if need be, and my medical was clean, but the visa woman at the embassy also told me if I didn't have the CD at the POE then they could refuse entry.

Inconvenient is putting it mildly.
From what I know, you cannot get the CD replaced, as the medical info isn't kept by the civil surgeon once it's sent off to the embassy.

However, if you end up being asked to show that CD, you'd be the first person I've EVER seen on here to be asked for such.

I suppose in theory you could be refused entry for not having that CD with you, but I'd say the chances of being asked to show it are far below zero.

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2012, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

paul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nice

Is it worth telling the Embassy then, and risk alerting *them* (i.e. America) that I no longer have it, or is there enough disconnect between the embassy and POE that it won't make any difference? I don't yet have my visa in hand.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need the x-ray. The CBP personnel aren't radiologists so they won't be viewing your cd or care if you have it. It's your free gift from Knightsbrdge because otherwise they would throw it away because you won't be one of their regular customers. I spoke to Knightsbridge myself and they said they keep no records.

Don't worry about it.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it worth telling the Embassy then, and risk alerting *them* (i.e. America) that I no longer have it, or is there enough disconnect between the embassy and POE that it won't make any difference? I don't yet have my visa in hand.
As Moxie said, don't worry about it. No point in reporting it lost, you'll get thru the POE just fine without it.

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

OK - thank you for your responses, these are very encouraging! It's bad enough loosing all my docs, but even worse to realize I might now be denied entry.

That said, we managed four months from I-130 submission to interview acceptance, so, can't complain too much.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

Don't you just hope that when the pick-pockets try to play the cd they are mightily peed off? Reminds me of the elderly gentleman who was taking a urine sample to his gp's in a miniture whisky bottle. He arrived at the gp's to find it had been stolen from his pocket. I would have loved to have seen the thief take a long swig.
Good luck Paul2012. I'm sure all will be well.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

The whole x-ray thing baffles me. My understanding is that it is primarily for tuberculosis screening. Yet, the skin prick test is the only one really accepted.

So, what's the real point of the x-ray?
Old Jan 17th 2012, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

I just phoned Knightsbridge doctors to find out what was actually on the CD (in case there was any crucial details) and before I could even ask she offered to do a replacement CD (for £40) which will be ready tomorrow!

This is obviously a new thing (as I've read in a few places that they don't keep immigration medical records on the system) but for £40 I'll gladly buy peace of mind for a flight! Hopefully pointless, but given how easy it is I'd never forgive myself if I left it and then was that first person who was refused entry!
Old Jan 17th 2012, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
The whole x-ray thing baffles me. My understanding is that it is primarily for tuberculosis screening. Yet, the skin prick test is the only one really accepted.

Accepted for what? A visa? A greencard?
Lots of people get both without a TB skin test because they were cleared of TB by an x-ray.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
The x-ray is proof that the false positive skin test is, in fact, negative for TB.

Ian
Old Jan 17th 2012, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Just to check to make sure I'm not going crazy, the "brown envelope" comes with your passport via the courier, right?

[EDIT: OK just checked, it does. Sorry - has been a bit of a nightmare week...]

Last edited by paul2012; Jan 17th 2012 at 2:08 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 4:39 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

What he should really hope is that the pick-pocket doesn't steal his identity, or sell the visa documents to someone who uses them in a way that gets his name on a watch list.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Lola-Monmouth
Don't you just hope that when the pick-pockets try to play the cd they are mightily peed off?
Old Jan 17th 2012, 4:41 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

My wife's Panel Physician wanted an extra fee to give her the x-ray from her medical exam. She told him (on my advice) to keep it.

Regards, JEff

I just phoned Knightsbridge doctors to find out what was actually on the CD (in case there was any crucial details) and before I could even ask she offered to do a replacement CD (for £40) which will be ready tomorrow!
Old Jan 17th 2012, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Indeed. Thankfully there were no "visa" documents in the folder, but a load of ID stuff did go missing (marriage certificates, police record stuff birth certificates). I've reported everything to the police, who didn't seem too concerned, so I'm just praying that nothing goes awry when I enter the US next week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.