Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Looking for Brits in NC/ SC

Wikiposts

Looking for Brits in NC/ SC

Old Jul 15th 2007, 1:52 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for Brits in NC/ SC

its only popular because everybody that plays is from Europe, oh saying that there is one canadian and a couple of Yanks and yes Hubby is British he's actually the Coach of Triad Rugby and I have to thank god for it! if it wasn't for his rugby he'd be at home on the weekends driving me crazy so he's got his hobby and we've got ours, which is cool coz then we've got something different to talk about over dinner.

http://www.triadrugby.com/
Old Jul 15th 2007, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

sjmarsh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lisag8070
No worries Simon, can I bring the family with me?, actually saying that my OH loves going to the Blind Tiger pub on a Saturday with all his Rugby mates (he's the coach of the Triad Rugby team) so you'll meet loads of English, Welsh and Australian if you fancy something different.
P.S. just added us to the frappr
Please do bring the family, I'd love to meet you guys and your friends!

Sometime this summer I'll bring my lot down there too. My wife Heidi (yeah, I know, she hates her name, although I don't know why?) and our 2 boys, Ben (7) and Cameron (4).

Also, I'm from the wirral in Merseyside, originally from Runcorn though.

Take care,

Simon
Old Jul 15th 2007, 3:14 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Definately Simon, I have a little girl Kiya who's 5 and is a complete tomboy and would love to play with them and I'd love to chat with some fellow Northerners (oops that is if your wife is from the North),..So how long have you been here and whereabouts in NC do you actually live?
Old Jul 15th 2007, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

sjmarsh is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually my wife is originally from Greensboro. We currently live in Reston, Va.
However, Heidi wants to move back down there.......so that's why I'm travelling back and forth to Greensboro, looking at commercial real estate, to open my first restaurant. Hopefully, the first of several.......
I'll let you know when I'm going to be in the area?

Thanks,

Simon.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by natelywills
Hey there!!

I'm a recent-ish transplant to NC (18 mos) and would like to meet other brits living here. I keep hearing about you all but I NEVER meet anyone!! :curse:

You know, when you go in to a shop and they ask where you're from and then they give you the run down of all the places they have ever been in their fabulous life and the British people they know... ALL OF WHOM I HAVE NEVER MET!!!

OK, that's my gripe over. I am a calm and friendly person, honest!! It just seems that there are apparently a ton of Brits in my area and they're all invisible!! Prove me wrong, that it's not consipracy!!!

So, if you are in the NC/ SC area and would like to meet up with/ chat to a fellow hybrid then let me know.

Take care!
~Nate.
After you've been here awhile you will go out of your way to avoid them,
Old Jul 30th 2007, 5:59 am
Just Joined

Blightybird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kirby
hey simon, I`ll come for a pint too if you dont mind.lol
Is anyone going to join the new British Expats meet up group in Greensboro at meetup.com?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:16 am
Missing Walls Sausages!!

natelywills has a spectacular aura aboutnatelywills has a spectacular aura aboutnatelywills has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Re: Looking for Brits in NC/ SC

Originally Posted by Blightybird
Is anyone going to join the new British Expats meet up group in Greensboro at meetup.com?
Do you mean the Columbia meet up on saturday? I'm going to that one. I'm not familiar with the Greensboro one...
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Do you mean the Columbia meet up on saturday? I'm going to that one. I'm not familiar with the Greensboro one...
No this is a new group that has been formed on meetup.com. The organizer is Elizabeth Hinds and you will find it on meetup,com as: THE GREENSBORO EXPAT BRITISH, IRISH AND SCOTTISH MEETUP GROUP. The next meet up is scheduled for Aug 11th. Hopefully more people will join as at present there are only 4 of us.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:19 am
Missing Walls Sausages!!

natelywills has a spectacular aura aboutnatelywills has a spectacular aura aboutnatelywills has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Looking for Brits in NC/ SC

No this is a new group that has been formed on meetup.com. The organizer is Elizabeth Hinds and you will find it on meetup,com as: THE GREENSBORO EXPAT BRITISH, IRISH AND SCOTTISH MEETUP GROUP. The next meet up is scheduled for Aug 11th. Hopefully more people will join as at present there are only 4 of us.
Oh cool, I had no idea there was one in Greensboro!! I am a member of the one in Myrtle Beach and another in Columbia but Greensboro is closer. I'll go check it out, thanks for the heads up.

Hopefully I'll see you on the 11th.
~Nate.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Oh cool, I had no idea there was one in Greensboro!! I am a member of the one in Myrtle Beach and another in Columbia but Greensboro is closer. I'll go check it out, thanks for the heads up.

Hopefully I'll see you on the 11th.
~Nate.
Glad to be of assistance. You probably won't see me on the 11th as I am already going to a "do" at the local Elks lodge,I have just had an email from Elizabeth Hinds and as no one else has yet replied as a yes to the 11th, the date may change to accomodate me. Hope you do join us and that others will to. I cannot wait for some new mates who live locally!!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:33 am
Missing Walls Sausages!!

Glad to be of assistance. You probably won't see me on the 11th as I am already going to a "do" at the local Elks lodge,I have just had an email from Elizabeth Hinds and as no one else has yet replied as a yes to the 11th, the date may change to accomodate me. Hope you do join us and that others will to. I cannot wait for some new mates who live locally!!
me too!! I'm down for the 11th. as long as it's not the weekend before the 11th I should be fine. hopefully I'll see you sometime!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:39 am
Just Joined

me too!! I'm down for the 11th. as long as it's not the weekend before the 11th I should be fine. hopefully I'll see you sometime!
I think if anything it will be the 10th, but I do not want it changed if others can make it.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:40 am
Missing Walls Sausages!!

I think if anything it will be the 10th, but I do not want it changed if others can make it.
that would be fine but since it's a Friday I'd have to be late. keep me posted anyway and I'll be sure to come if I can.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:52 am
Just Joined

that would be fine but since it's a Friday I'd have to be late. keep me posted anyway and I'll be sure to come if I can.
You will get an email from meet up if there is a change of date or venue, but I will let you know as well.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all

Good to hear about this group. We are in Raleigh and not able to come over on 11th, but we'll keep an eye out for future meetings of NC British expats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.