Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Looking for Brits in NC/ SC

Looking for Brits in NC/ SC

Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:33 pm
Missing Walls Sausages!!

natelywills has a spectacular aura aboutnatelywills has a spectacular aura aboutnatelywills has a spectacular aura about
Talking Looking for Brits in NC/ SC

Hey there!!

I'm a recent-ish transplant to NC (18 mos) and would like to meet other brits living here. I keep hearing about you all but I NEVER meet anyone!! :curse:

You know, when you go in to a shop and they ask where you're from and then they give you the run down of all the places they have ever been in their fabulous life and the British people they know... ALL OF WHOM I HAVE NEVER MET!!!

OK, that's my gripe over. I am a calm and friendly person, honest!! It just seems that there are apparently a ton of Brits in my area and they're all invisible!! Prove me wrong, that it's not consipracy!!!

So, if you are in the NC/ SC area and would like to meet up with/ chat to a fellow hybrid then let me know.

Take care!
~Nate.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for Brits in NC/ SC

hi again nate, i'm not in your area but welcome to BE

maybe check out http://www.frappr.com/beusa
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:38 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:39 pm
Missing Walls Sausages!!

natelywills has a spectacular aura aboutnatelywills has a spectacular aura aboutnatelywills has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hi again nate, i'm not in your area but welcome to BE

maybe check out http://www.frappr.com/beusa
Thankyou!! I'll check that out!! You guys are fantastic, HOW did I miss out on BE until now??
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:40 pm

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by natelywills
Hey there!!

I'm a recent-ish transplant to NC (18 mos) and would like to meet other brits living here. I keep hearing about you all but I NEVER meet anyone!! :curse:

You know, when you go in to a shop and they ask where you're from and then they give you the run down of all the places they have ever been in their fabulous life and the British people they know... ALL OF WHOM I HAVE NEVER MET!!!

OK, that's my gripe over. I am a calm and friendly person, honest!! It just seems that there are apparently a ton of Brits in my area and they're all invisible!! Prove me wrong, that it's not consipracy!!!

So, if you are in the NC/ SC area and would like to meet up with/ chat to a fellow hybrid then let me know.

Take care!
~Nate.
Nice to meet you..........got something against VA then?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:40 pm
Missing Walls Sausages!!

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
Hello and welcome to BE
Thanks, Dolly!! Are you based in NC? I noticed it said you're in the mountains. You're lucky if you're up there. We get to visit for daytrips and the like but I've always been intrigued about visiting.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:41 pm
Missing Walls Sausages!!

Originally Posted by Lycanthrop
Nice to meet you..........got something against VA then?
Oh no, not at all!! I'm in the lower part of NC so I figured it's too far!! I am kinda in love with the old southern VA accent tbh, I love it there!!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:43 pm
Missing Walls Sausages!!

Thanks, Dolly!! Are you based in NC? I noticed it said you're in the mountains. You're lucky if you're up there. We get to visit for daytrips and the like but I've always been intrigued about visiting.
I meant living there (mountains) not intrigued about visiting. Stupid work buggering up my attention span...
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:46 pm

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh no, not at all!! I'm in the lower part of NC so I figured it's too far!! I am kinda in love with the old southern VA accent tbh, I love it there!!
Just kidding.........by now when you hear NC/SC its pretty clear its a good click from our southern state line.

As for the accent thing........I am truly, desperatly sorry & may the force be with you...

Good luck dahn sowath.....
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:53 pm
Missing Walls Sausages!!

Originally Posted by Lycanthrop
Just kidding.........by now when you hear NC/SC its pretty clear its a good click from our southern state line.

As for the accent thing........I am truly, desperatly sorry & may the force be with you...

Good luck dahn sowath.....
LOL well thankyou!!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:03 pm
Tim

magilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to behold

I'm in Wilmington, by the sea
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:07 pm
Missing Walls Sausages!!

Originally Posted by magilla442
I'm in Wilmington, by the sea
WILMINGTON!! You lucky thing!! I'm in Charlotte in the University area (near UNCC). You're not too far way tho. How long have you lived in the US?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:10 pm
Tim

magilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to behold

I came over permanently 1st Feb 06, and its my 1st wedding aniversary this sunday everythings come up milhouse!!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:37 pm
Missing Walls Sausages!!

Originally Posted by magilla442
I came over permanently 1st Feb 06, and its my 1st wedding aniversary this sunday everythings come up milhouse!!
Oh wow, you're a relatively recent transplant too!! Congrats on the anniversary tho. Did you come over on the fiancee visa? I did!! WOW, that was a lot of work but so worth it. My hubby and I went back and forth literally for 2 years before we became legally able to marry and it was so hard. Our second anniverary is June 16th tho and we've not looked back really. It's hard when you move here tho. It becomes really apparent that even though we speak the same language (kinda) we have very little in common so you feel like a goldfish. people on the whole have been nice tho and it's made it a lot easier. Must be that Southern Hospitality!!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:50 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. Welcome to BE!

I live in Durham, about 3.5 hours from you. What brought you to Charlotte? Are you a student at UNCC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.