Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Long distance relationship.. advice please

Wikiposts

Long distance relationship.. advice please

Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Hampshire - Brisbane - Staffordshire and soon Devon :)
SouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Long distance relationship.. advice please

Thanks Brits1 I'm over worrying about him, he has his mother nearby for that I had a few friends when younger who were Navy wives and they all loved the time to themselves! .. you're right about the quality time aspect .. didn't realise, living together, how much I whittered on about minor irritations (like the loo seat yep, replacing loo rolls etc )

Distance sure helps with appreciating the other person more..
Old Nov 12th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long distance relationship.. advice please

Originally Posted by SouthernGal_67
Thanks Brits1 I'm over worrying about him, he has his mother nearby for that I had a few friends when younger who were Navy wives and they all loved the time to themselves! .. you're right about the quality time aspect .. didn't realise, living together, how much I whittered on about minor irritations (like the loo seat yep, replacing loo rolls etc )

Distance sure helps with appreciating the other person more..
Glad to be of help, when I first met my OH he told me he "just worked away"....he did not want to put me off!!! anyway he only had another year to do as he had already requested a leave...we married after he left the Navy...he did not want to raise children while he was away at sea....that's why he does not like being away after all these years at home.....we cope...at times it's not ideal but as I said we make the most of our time together and we do appreciated each other maybe that little bit more than we did before....don't get me started on the "loo rolls".....leaving the toothpaste lid off....lol..all little things when you look at the big picture....