Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London Postal Strikes & Interview Letter

London Postal Strikes & Interview Letter

Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Postal Strikes & Interview Letter

Great news. I'm hoping my interview date won't come in until early January! I put a travel date of March on it. I don't want the complication of trying to travel for a week at Christmas with a K1 in my passport!
Old Nov 7th 2009, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sharo

I got my interview letter today!! I am so excited.

Our date is Nov 30th - 25 days from mailing checklist in with "Unknown" travel date.

That you guys also get your appointments through soon!!

wow...that's good news...i hope my letter will come soon ...goodluck to your interview sharo...
Old Nov 18th 2009, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all

HELLO again

i got my appointment letter this morning...as i mentioned i mailed my checklist to the embassy last October 17...today is November 18. Appointment date is on December 23 (it gives me alot of pressure since its almost Christmas).
On my cover letter attached to the checklist my appointment date for medical is on the 25th of November and travelled date is approximately on the first week of January...

Wish me luck pointers will be highly appreciated for my interview
Old Nov 18th 2009, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Congratulations!!! and good luck on the interview

We're still waiting for our interview letter. We submitted on 17.10.09 (which was a Saturday) so hopefully we aren't too far behind yours.

I did call the Washington DC number and the Helpline in Scotland last week and both just said they had received packet 3 and to wait for packet 4. The Scotland helpline lady said to wait 6 to 8 weeks, I hope she didn't mean from last week and meant it as a total wait time which would mean we are on week 5.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

NicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really nice

Originally Posted by jeimz7
HELLO again

i got my appointment letter this morning...as i mentioned i mailed my checklist to the embassy last October 17...today is November 18. Appointment date is on December 23 (it gives me alot of pressure since its almost Christmas).
On my cover letter attached to the checklist my appointment date for medical is on the 25th of November and travelled date is approximately on the first week of January...

Hi just saw your post and had a quick question! I submitted my checklist on Nov 12th and have my medical booked for friday (27th) but you said on your cover letter attached to the checklist you medical is on 25th - had you already arranged this or did they do this for you as i'm a bit worried now that i've managed to mess up the process by booking my own medical? Thanks x
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

sharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jeimz7
HELLO again

Congrats on getting your interview letter - isn't it a great feeling. Of course then the real worrying starts to set in

My interview is GULP 6 days away and I do not feel ready LOL. I'll post a write up of my interview, although I'm sure since yours is a K1 app mine might be a little different.

Remember to leave LOTS of extra time for getting things done on a date so close to Christmas!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:45 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NicciT
did they do this for you as i'm a bit worried now that i've managed to mess up the process by booking my own medical? Thanks x
You were correct to book your own medical
Old Nov 24th 2009, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NicciT
Hi just saw your post and had a quick question! I submitted my checklist on Nov 12th and have my medical booked for friday (27th) but you said on your cover letter attached to the checklist you medical is on 25th - had you already arranged this or did they do this for you as i'm a bit worried now that i've managed to mess up the process by booking my own medical? Thanks x

I did booked my own medical exam...I did it in advance for my own convenience...so i can choose the day i want and even the time...