Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K1 Nightmare - Please Help!

London K1 Nightmare - Please Help!

Old Sep 27th 2001, 3:12 am
Megan

Hi everyone,

My fiance, Nick and I, are having a very frustrating time with the London Embassy,
and would like your advice. We started our K1 odyssey in Feb. and got approval very
quickly from the VSC. Little did we know, that this was to be the last of our good
fortune. We've experienced many delays & encountered much incompetence along the way,
but our troubles at the Embassy are now the worst. In May, Nick was finally able to
send in the check list, but unbeknownst to me, He did not make copies of the
paperwork he sent, and did not send them registered mail. We kept waiting to hear
from the Embassy, then finally gave up & started calling them. Each time they said to
try back in a week or a few days, and once they even told me that they had no record
of him at all. We were eventually told to re-submit the forms, but by this time the
approval had run out. In July we sent them the forms once again along with my letter
of intent to marry, by registered post this time. They received it, but to talk to
them, you wouldn't know it. They still say that they are waiting for the check list.
On Sept. 6th, Nick was told that he should be receiving word in the mail about his
interview in a few days. Nothing arrived, and when I called today, they still told me
that they are waiting for his check list! We are distraught, and all they have told
us to do, is to fax them copies of his paperwork, with a note saying what happened.
By now, we don't trust that very well. We are wondering if we should contact his
local MP, and, if so, what we should say. We will be sending the fax, but is there
anything else we can do? Thanks,

Megan

Old Sep 27th 2001, 5:46 am
Michael Voight

Megan wrote: By now, we don't trust that very
    >
    >

You should be contacting your MP.. (i.e. Congressman) I doubt his MP would care about
US immigration issues.