Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K1 Interview Scheduled :)

London K1 Interview Scheduled :)

Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:17 pm
Dazed and Confused

KatherineH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London K1 Interview Scheduled :)

Well, my fiance got the letter finally, and will have his interview in London on May 14th. I'm sending off the Affidavit of Support tomorrow and a copy of the lease for our new townhome. He's gathering up any and all evidence he can find about our relationship. I'm amazingly stress-free about this as everything has gone smoothly thus far and I think we have a pretty straightforward case.

He still won't be moving here til the end of July but once that Visa is in hand it will be a HUGE weight off both our shoulders. If all goes well, by the end of May he should have a visa, I should have a college diploma, and I should be done moving in to a beautiful new townhome just waiting for him to show up (and finishing our wedding plans in the meantime!)

It will be an exciting month!

-Katherine
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:37 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London K1 Interview Scheduled :)

Congratulations, Katherine.....I hope that all goes well in May and that your plans go smoothly. Everything will fall into place!

~SecretGarden
Old Apr 16th 2004, 1:12 pm
cute as a button

Poppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant future

I had my K1 interview in London and it was a walk in the park !! Its a great feeling getting that interview letter isnt it? I hope all goes smoothly so he can get back here and help you with any remaining wedding preparations
good luck
Poppy
Old Apr 16th 2004, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by KatherineH
Well, my fiance got the letter finally, and will have his interview in London on May 14th. I'm sending off the Affidavit of Support tomorrow and a copy of the lease for our new townhome. He's gathering up any and all evidence he can find about our relationship. I'm amazingly stress-free about this as everything has gone smoothly thus far and I think we have a pretty straightforward case.

He still won't be moving here til the end of July but once that Visa is in hand it will be a HUGE weight off both our shoulders. If all goes well, by the end of May he should have a visa, I should have a college diploma, and I should be done moving in to a beautiful new townhome just waiting for him to show up (and finishing our wedding plans in the meantime!)

It will be an exciting month!

-Katherine
My fiance waited 2 months after getting the K1 to enter the US (which he's doing today!) because we wanted to tie up the loose ends (selling car, quitting job, etc). It was a big weight off our shoulders when he got the K1 because then we knew we could keep the date we picked for our wedding.

Good luck with all the wedding plans! And early congrats on that diploma!

Cheers,
Jamie
Old Apr 16th 2004, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Poppy33usa
I had my K1 interview in London and it was a walk in the park !!
Ditto!

Best of luck for the interview KatherineH, all will be fine I am sure and all the best for your future happiness.