Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K1 Experience...long-ish

London K1 Experience...long-ish

Old Jan 13th 2003, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Originally posted by Tiff
Congrats Kate

I can't wait till I get that phone call from London telling me "we got it"

ME TOO!!!

My fiance's interview is this Friday the 17th.

Anyway, Congratulations once again Kate. Have you looked into Thomas Cook for your flight over. Also, British Airways website is about 202 pounds round trip, not sure what one way would cost you, but I think round trip is usually cheaper. Happy flight hunting.

Kat
Old Jan 13th 2003, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Congrats!

Kate and Corey,

Congrats to both of you!

Andy told me of your good news as soon as I came home tonight.

We are so happy for you!

Julie and Andy
Old Jan 13th 2003, 5:58 pm
Kristin

Default Re: London K1 Experience...long-ish

Thanks very much for your encouraging post, Kate -- my fiancé will be
heading down to London from Scotland for his interview in two weeks.
If it's any help to you, he's come across some very cheap
transatlantic airfares via Amsterdam with KLM, through STA Travel...
although I believe there may be age limitations (under 26?).

Best of luck to you and Corey,
Kristin

Old Jan 13th 2003, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

keatslamia is an unknown quantity at this point

ooooh lucky you!!!!! congratulations!
We just received his police certificate today, so now its off with the checklist, the final step!!!!
can i ask you how much money we need to bring... in other words, how much cash do you have to fork out for the medical and the visa?
Old Jan 13th 2003, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

as an aside.... when he told me he got the police certificate he said, 'i just received something from the national id center, but i don't think its the right thing"
i laughed and said, 'everyone says that..is there a blue stripe on it?'
and he said, 'yes, but all it says is they have no record of me on their computers!"
and i said, 'well thats the point, my dear, thats a good thing!!!"
just funny how everyone who receives it seems to think they've gotten the wrong thing~
Old Jan 13th 2003, 9:04 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Kate!! Your detailed events of the day were amusing to read. Really so very happy for you. Hope the next few weeks pass quickly & you are reunited with your man real soon. All the best for a long & happy future
Old Jan 14th 2003, 5:32 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by keatslamia
ooooh lucky you!!!!! congratulations!
We just received his police certificate today, so now its off with the checklist, the final step!!!!
can i ask you how much money we need to bring... in other words, how much cash do you have to fork out for the medical and the visa?
Hi, Keatslamia!!!

The visa fee is 67 quid, which is paid into a Barclays bank, and they stamp the two little receipt thingies. You keep one, and the Embassy has the other. It's best to do this in advance, so you're well prepared, and don't need to leave the Embassy to pay it.

The medical is a whopping 125 quid for over 15's, and 45 quid for 14 years and under. I paid this in cash at the medical centre. I don't think they take cheques, but they take sterling and dollars, and also visa, I think.

I know what you mean about the police cert.......I kept expecting it to say, "Kate's squeaky clean, and has never been naughty in her life!!!!" LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with the final part of your process, and it's a really good day out, believe it or not!!!
Kate. xxxx

P.S: Sorry about the "quid" thing, but I put XP on my comp, and all the characters have moved, and don't even ask where my pound sign went!!!!!!!!!!

P.P.S: Thank you to everyone offering flight tips and congrats.....youse are all da bestest!!!
Old Jan 14th 2003, 6:55 am
In the UK

Careybear will become famous soon enough
Default oh there's your story!!!!

You are the best kate....i hope i can meet you someday...i was laughing out loud at the library where i was online...hee hee

I knew you would get it!!!! I'm sending my fiance to this thread so he can read it!!!

It sounds like you had a great day and like i told you before you'll always remember january 13th i'm sure....could be seen as an anniversary every year

also check priceline.co.uk that's where i got my roundtrip when i was in the u.k. last time cuz i had flown in on an one way ticket i won on skyauction. it is way cheaper to get a roundtrip even if you don't use the return ticket.

good luck hun and keep in touch,

Careybear
Old Jan 14th 2003, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

well kate when you get to the states i'm sure you'll let us know ;-)
Rash and i are big east coast travelers, so who knows, maybe someday we'll meet up on our next trip to disneyworld! we have a tendency to do things like, at 5pm on a sunday night say, 'what ya wanna do?wanna go to disneyworld?" and then just get in the car and go! LOL....
it would really be great to meet some of the folks on this board, a good many of us have ALOT in common!!!
if someone had told me two years ago i'd be falling in love with a british guy, i'd have said, 'my arse!" hehe
good luck and stayin touch!
colleen
Old Jan 14th 2003, 9:29 am

Originally posted by keatslamia
if someone had told me two years ago i'd be falling in love with a british guy, i'd have said, 'my arse!" hehe

colleen
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Jim Royle's here!!!!!
Kate. xxx
Old Jan 15th 2003, 2:29 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,

Congratulations and well done, loved the story, we should make a collective of all the good stories and print a book.

Good Luck and God Bless on the rest of it

Patrick
Old Jan 15th 2003, 3:16 am
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future
Default yay!

Kate-
Congrats to you! It'll be 2 years this May when my husband went thru the same exact thing...

One thing, tho about the one way air ticket -you may actually find it's cheaper to buy a return ticket and just disregard the return portion- that's what my husband ended up doing as I recall- he was also flying in the more expensive month of May.

But again, congratulations to you both and a long and happy life together for the both of you! :-)
Old Jan 15th 2003, 11:16 am
Kimberly

Default Re: London K1 Experience...long-ish

Kate,

Thank you for that, it was amusing and informational. I laughed at
the 15 minute walk and 20 cigarettes! That'll be my fiance for sure
when we start the process! Sincerest Congratulations!

Kim

Old Jan 15th 2003, 1:00 pm

Hey, all!!!

Just wanted to say thanks again for the warm wishes from you all.

I also discovered that I do an uncanny impression of a guppy! I saw a fish today, looked at it's eyes and mouth, and thought, "Was that what I looked like when the New York man told me that I more or less had the visa?"!!!!! Hehe!!! Funny what you find out about yourself when you least expect it!!!

I'm also looking to fly out on the 31st Jan, so if anyone finds a deal going for like, 20 quid, you know where I am!!! (Yeah, I wish!! )
Kate. xxxxx