Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London interview ... urgent questions!

London interview ... urgent questions!

Old Oct 22nd 2002, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

swingin scot is on a distinguished road
Default London interview ... urgent questions!

I have been here in the U.S. on a student visa for the past 7 years and was married a little over a year ago. My husband filed an I-130 and I now have my interview date in a little over a week in London. There is so much paperwork involved and I'm becoming more than a little confused, especially since I've received so much wrong information in the past. I am wondering if I need to have the I-485 filed out to take with me to the interivew or if I only need to have the I-864 and DS-230 (part 2). If I remember right the I-485 was something I only had to do if I didnt opt to do the DS-230 but I'm not entirely sure. Also, the affidavit of support asks for proof of employment. We both have letters from our employers (I also work here in the states, legally, 50% on campus and my income is also being included in the affidavit) but they are not notarized ... will this still be ok? The affidavit of support form I do have notarized. Also, we have a print out from the IRS of past tax returns (also not notarized) and I have a paper copy of our joint one for last year but dont have copies of all of our W2's. Does it sound like we'll have a problem with proving that we make the money we say we do? I'm just getting concerned that I'll ge there and not have all the information I need. Any advice you can give me would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 7:14 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London interview ... urgent questions!

Originally posted by swingin scot:
I have been here in the U.S. on a student visa for the past 7 years and was married a little over a year ago. My husband filed an I-130 and I now have my interview date in a little over a week in London. There is so much paperwork involved and I'm becoming more than a little confused, especially since I've received so much wrong information in the past. I am wondering if I need to have the I-485 filed out to take with me to the interivew or if I only need to have the I-864 and DS-230 (part 2). If I remember right the I-485 was something I only had to do if I didnt opt to do the DS-230 but I'm not entirely sure. Also, the affidavit of support asks for proof of employment. We both have letters from our employers (I also work here in the states, legally, 50% on campus and my income is also being included in the affidavit) but they are not notarized ... will this still be ok? The affidavit of support form I do have notarized. Also, we have a print out from the IRS of past tax returns (also not notarized) and I have a paper copy of our joint one for last year but dont have copies of all of our W2's. Does it sound like we'll have a problem with proving that we make the money we say we do? I'm just getting concerned that I'll ge there and not have all the information I need. Any advice you can give me would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Hi,

Your interview letter should say what to bring to the interview but I think its just the DS-230 II and the Affadavit of support (plus all the documents listed).

It might be worth reading the interview experiences.

http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html

I think your fine - what is your timeline please

Patrick