Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London Interview Experience :)

Wikiposts

London Interview Experience :)

Old Jun 13th 2008, 3:23 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Interview Experience :)

Originally Posted by janet82
Just for a minute, yes! Everything has gone pretty smoothly and quickly so far so I'm just waiting for something to go wrong. Possibly just British scepticism though!
Hi Janet, I was freaking out as well as you can see by my posts! I think it's a good idea to spend the night in London before the interiew if possible . You never know about traffic and train or bus delays. I made sure all the paperwork was in order in an accordion file with paper clips and post it nots and labels! It made it easier for my fiancee to find something when they asked for it! I totally understand what you are going through! It was easier than we thought. The waiting was the hard part!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Upon arrival at the POE, it's not really an interview like it was in London. The POE officer just looks at your paperwork and gives you the endorsement in your passport. If there are additional questions, you might go to secondary
Huh? I thought you were plucked out of the queue when an official sees your MBE, and taken to secondary, 100% of the time, when immigrating.

Incorrect?
Old Jun 13th 2008, 10:05 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr_bluth
Thanks for all of you who have helped out with advice over the past few months and here's to navigating the POE!!
Congrats!

Last edited by meauxna; Jun 13th 2008 at 3:26 pm. Reason: Nettiquite and whatnot
Old Jun 15th 2008, 6:36 am
Just Joined

Brit_Chippy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Huh? I thought you were plucked out of the queue when an official sees your MBE, and taken to secondary, 100% of the time, when immigrating.

Incorrect?
I always thought that too. That you had to go through to the little interview room everytime. I'll soon find out i suppose!! 9 DAYS NOW! Anyone else have their interview coming up soon? I think i'm ready, as ready as you can be anyway.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36

Incorrect?
I always thought that too. That you had to go through to the little interview room everytime at POE. I'll soon find out i suppose!! 9 DAYS NOW! Anyone else have their interview coming up soon? I think i'm ready, as ready as you can be anyway.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

fogga4000 will become famous soon enough

Just got my interview date for next month, as we didn't file until mid feb and I didn't post package three off for at least a month i'm quite frankly amazed after what I'd been led to believe. Very happy all the same. Just hope the interview goes well now.Bring it on.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

janet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nice

Originally Posted by fogga4000
Just got my interview date for next month, as we didn't file until mid feb and I didn't post package three off for at least a month i'm quite frankly amazed after what I'd been led to believe. Very happy all the same. Just hope the interview goes well now.Bring it on.
Congrats! Mine's next month too on the 11th. I just want to get it over with as well.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

fogga4000 will become famous soon enough

Congrats to you as well, hope it all goes well. Will be glad when this is all done. Well until the next phase anyway. I'm already looking forward to that.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 3:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit_Chippy
I always thought that too. That you had to go through to the little interview room everytime at POE. I'll soon find out i suppose!! 9 DAYS NOW! Anyone else have their interview coming up soon? I think i'm ready, as ready as you can be anyway.
I suppose it is every time. My bad.

Rene
Old Jun 16th 2008, 6:00 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I suppose it is every time. My bad.

Rene
Not your bad at all, Rene. People are talking about different visa types and experiences in this thread now and confusing each other.

The entry process for an Immigrant Visa is different from a K visa.
And K visa processes vary by POE.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Not your bad at all, Rene. People are talking about different visa types and experiences in this thread now and confusing each other.

The entry process for an Immigrant Visa is different from a K visa.
And K visa processes vary by POE.
Yeah the different visas are going to have different procedures, the K3 is confusing though becuse it's half immigrant and half non-immigrant. But i'll wait and see what happens at POE in the US. Just 7 days untill my interview now. This time next week i'll be there!

Still haven't decided what i'm wearing but all my paperwork is in order. Should i take a couple of photos from the wedding etc? I've heard that many people do. ????
Old Jun 16th 2008, 8:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Should i take a couple of photos from the wedding etc?
Yes.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:57 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the different visas are going to have different procedures, the K3 is confusing though becuse it's half immigrant and half non-immigrant. But i'll wait and see what happens at POE in the US. Just 7 days untill my interview now. This time next week i'll be there!

Still haven't decided what i'm wearing but all my paperwork is in order. Should i take a couple of photos from the wedding etc? I've heard that many people do. ????
The important thing for you to watch when you enter as a K-3 are that you get a 2-year stamp on your I-94 (and guard that card with your life) and that you give a correct address for where you will be living in the US (if different than what you've listed on your applications).

Re: your travel, you've budgeted in a few days for the visa to be returned to you after the interview?
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by fogga4000
We got our petition aproved for the k1 just over two months after we mailed it out. The receipt notice was Jan 15th. We were approved on March 18th. Bot the NVC from New Hampshire a week later and package 3 about a week after that. Sent that back about a week later with the forms in April and then my fiancee sent in the checklist a few weks laer. We got a notive the first week of May that fis interview was a month later. We did send everthythig overnight mail ut it seems to sit in a P.O. box for a week or so anyway. Like yourself I was surprised at how quick it was processed!Wewere approved in London June 5th. My friends were pulled aside at POE in JFK for about a half an hour but that was a few years ago. They had no problems. Unfortunately my fiancee won't be able to come over her or a few months but it's worth the wait! I think it just pays to have patience and be organised! I'm usually not very good at either!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by penguinbar
We got our petition aproved for the k1 just over two months after we mailed it out. The receipt notice was Jan 15th. We were approved on March 18th. Bot the NVC from New Hampshire a week later and package 3 about a week after that. Sent that back about a week later with the forms in April and then my fiancee sent in the checklist a few weks laer. We got a notive the first week of May that fis interview was a month later. We did send everthythig overnight mail ut it seems to sit in a P.O. box for a week or so anyway. Like yourself I was surprised at how quick it was processed!Wewere approved in London June 5th. My friends were pulled aside at POE in JFK for about a half an hour but that was a few years ago. They had no problems. Unfortunately my fiancee won't be able to come over her or a few months but it's worth the wait! I think it just pays to have patience and be organised! I'm usually not very good at either!
I'm going to pay for the quickest service with my visa - whatever the quickest way to get it back to me is! I'm hoping that my visa with me by next Friday, my interview is Tuesday. Does that seem realistic? Do they deliver on weekends?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.