Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London Interview for CR1 Visa Application.

London Interview for CR1 Visa Application.

Old Dec 6th 2012, 7:51 am
Just Joined

shaunmonty is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face London Interview for CR1 Visa Application.

Hello everyone, I have done some research around the forums, and found that the answer to my question seems unique to the person asking, genuine apologies though if I missed something. My heart is racing as I type this!

I am a British born man married to an USA born woman.

We have an approved I130 for our marriage.
I have a fully finished and approved medical completed in London at Knightsbridge Doctors.. (documents will be forwarded to the embassy)
I have an interview.

I received this letter detailing a checklist of what I need for said interview.

Here is a key for the list.
Link so this post doesn't get too big.

I have the required Affidavit of Support form, filled in and signed in my folder right now.

My question is. What else does this checklist indicate I need/might need to take with me anyway?

Thank you very much in advance everyone.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 12:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Interview for CR1 Visa Application.

It looks like the only thing with an "I" next to it (meaning Incomplete) is the financial evidence.

Along with the I-864, did your spouse include the most current 3 years of tax returns? Did she include a few recent pay stubs? Did she include a letter from her employer indicating her position and pay rate? If using assets, did she include bank statements?

Rene
Old Dec 6th 2012, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Yes to the first question, I will check into the others when she wakes up

I also got photos, original copies of my birth (long), marriage and police certificates to go along with the info im taking with me.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

I am having my interview 9 am uk time tomorrow monday the 10th, i will make a seperate thread on how i got on and my experiences with the interview and embassy if that would help?

Thanks for everyones help, see you on the other side.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute

Very best of luck.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Well it wen't smooth as hell. Didn't need certificates, photos or anything at all, other then my interview letter and 2 photos. Not sure what the trouble was all about. As has been mentioned before. The whole thing is very anticlimactic.

Where do i post about my experiences?
Old Dec 10th 2012, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shaunmonty
Well it wen't smooth as hell. Didn't need certificates, photos or anything at all, other then my interview letter and 2 photos. Not sure what the trouble was all about. As has been mentioned before. The whole thing is very anticlimactic.

Where do i post about my experiences?
CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm sure you're relieved

You could write a separate thread with your experience, and interview, etc, but don't forget this one for your timeline; http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=763941&page=9
Old Feb 20th 2013, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

I am in America now. (moved over 1/31/2012) I just got my 10 year i155 Permanent Resident Card in the post and waiting for my SSN.

I just wanted to say again how happy I am for this forums help with the last few months. I shall get this documented and will try and come on and help others with the knowledge I have gained. Its a hell of a journey. But one worth doing.

The total journey time was 20 Months. More info to come in a seperate thread and my timeline will go where I was linked to just above.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

Congrats and hope you like it here!

So you got your 10 year card, "lucky" you. Why though when it says CR-1 as your catagory and not IR-1? (I just had to go through the hassle of removal of conditions.) Had you been married more than 2 years?

Citizenship next...? Ending the immigration journey forever.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:45 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

The most likely reason is that, at the time of visa application, the marriage was less than 2 years old, but at the time of entry into the USA the marriage was more than 2 years old. He did write in a post that it was a journey of 20 months.

Alternatively, a mistake was made in issuing the green card.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by slummymummy
So you got your 10 year card, "lucky" you. Why though when it says CR-1 as your catagory and not IR-1? (I just had to go through the hassle of removal of conditions.) Had you been married more than 2 years?
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

Hmm... that's where I went wrong. Could have delayed the visa or used it a few months later, would have saved me a lot of money and hassle! Oh well nevermind, it's done. On the plus side, I will (hopefully) get my citizenship sooner and will never have to worry about immigration again!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

thommo7879 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
The most likely reason is that, at the time of visa application, the marriage was less than 2 years old, but at the time of entry into the USA the marriage was more than 2 years old. He did write in a post that it was a journey of 20 months.

Alternatively, a mistake was made in issuing the green card.

Regards, JEff
That's a question that I had Jeff.

I've got my interview for my CR1 visa in London on 8th March, however by 3rd May, I will have been married to my USC wife for 2 years.

As my medical was on 4th December 2012, providing my visa is granted in 2 weeks time I will have 6 months from 4th December to enter the USA, taking me up to 4th June 2013.

So, going by what you have written, does that mean that if I entered the USA after the 2 year anniversary of my marriage, ie after 3rd May 2013, then I will be issued with a 10 year green card as opposed to a 2 year one if I entered the USA before that date.

If so, then that would be fantastic, and if this is correct, then is there anything that I would have to do to get the 10 year one as opposed to the 2 year one when I entered into the USA?

Thanks again in advance for your input.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

We shall await the answer from the learned on here... but if they confirm that you can do this, I'd say definitely do it! Removal of conditions is expensive and a hassle to get everything together and a pain having to do new biometrics too!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 3:10 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

If your enter the USA prior to May 3 you will be given conditional PR status, which you must petition to have removed 2 years hence.

If you enter after May 3 you will be given PR status unconditionally.

I don't know what will happen if you enter on May 3. I'm still waiting for someone to enter on their 2nd wedding anniversay to find out. Maybe it will be you?

Regards, JEff

PS: conditional PRs get a green card that expires when their status does - in 2 years. PRs without conditions get green card that have to be renewed every 10 years.

Originally Posted by thommo7879
So, going by what you have written, does that mean that if I entered the USA after the 2 year anniversary of my marriage, ie after 3rd May 2013, then I will be issued with a 10 year green card as opposed to a 2 year one if I entered the USA before that date.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 3:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thommo7879
Yes. You can politely point this out to the POE agent, show your marriage certificate, and ask them to please admit you in the IR-1 category (instead of CR-1 which will be on your visa).

If so, then that would be fantastic, and if this is correct, then is there anything that I would have to do to get the 10 year one as opposed to the 2 year one when I entered into the USA?
Nothing other than letting the POE agent know your marriage is now more than 2 years old.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Feb 22nd 2013 at 3:25 pm. Reason: wrong wording

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.