London Interview:

Old Nov 27th 2002, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

lasmus31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London Interview:

Hi Guys,

Well, this is my experience of the interview process in London:

Our interview was on 19th November. We were really concerned about the train situation so we went to stay with family in Essex thinking that it would be easier to travel into London from there than worry about if trains would be running or delays etc... I hardly slept and checked through my paperwork at least 20 times ... just in case I had missed something!

We arrived outside Dr Phelans office at about 7.30, Pete was already there and introduced himself and we chatted merrily until the doors were opened. We were ushered into a small room, given folders with instructions in and asked to hand them in to the desk. Names were called over the extremely bad tannoy system (yeah it really is as bad as people say) and people began to leave the room. There didn't seem to be any order in which people were called in and we waited (waiting around was definately the theme of the day!).

Eventually I was called and asked to pay the fee , they then sent me downstairs to another waiting room. The blood test lady is lovely, she's very chatty and it really is painless.

I was called through for my chest x-ray and asked to remove all my top clothes and put the rather attractive paper gown on. That's where the first problem was, how can I put this nicely ... my chest area is quite large and even though I tied the straps around my waist I still bared everything i had up top. I shuffled from the room clasping the paper tightly trying to contain my bits (yeah I said bits ) The x-ray guy was really sweet and laughed at my efforts to conceal myself whilst leaning against a cold plate with my hands behind my back. The medical went fine, the breast check was pretty easy because ... well lets just say they were already there in full view (by this time I had torn my gown clasping it too hard). I was asked to do an eye test and stood there semi-topless with a wooden spoon over my eye I was waiting for Jeremy Beadle to jump out and tell me it was all a set up at this point! Because I had recently had a positive TB skin test, they checked my x-rays carefully and then I was free to go.

We made our way to the Embassy, which is very easy to find from the map they sent us. The entrance to the Embassy was extremely busy but they ushered us through without delay. We checked in at the first desk and then sat and waited in the sparse waiting area ... a tip for you ... bring a book and something to drink, as we coukln't find anything to pass the time. Eventually we were called to give our paperwork, the official took the originals and a copy and then informed us that our photographs were not acceptable, she gave me some addresses of Adit photographers and said that after my interview we were to go and get them done ... we paid and then yet more waiting ...

Eventually we were called to a desk behind a screen, we both raised our right hands and promised to tell the truth ... the official then asked about where I had travelled in the last five years, had I ever been to the Middle East and whether I went to church ???? He then told us to go and get the photographs and return immediately and hand them in at the desk.

We found one of the Chemists that did Adit photographs. He pointed at the storeroom door (which was covered with sheets of white paper) and asked me to stand there while he took the pictures ... the pictures were hideous, but at this point I really didn't care. Bruce (US Citizen Husband) and I walked back to the Embassy wondering if we had already had our interview (it wasn't made clear at all).

Again we sat and waited. We had met some really nice people whilst there. Pete was called to the desk and then left looking extremely upset, we guessed the interview had not gone well. The next couple were called (she was british, he was USC and they were applying for the Fiance Visa) They came back to us extremely upset ... they too had been denied (She had explained that she had overstayed on her Visitor's Visa because they had gone to Mexico thinking it was classed as a border and she was then stopped at the airport and deported ... she was told that she was unable to apply for another 10 years). The next called was a lovely French lady who was resident in the UK and was married to a USC who was unable to attend. She too was denied because she had not bought papers detailing her residency in the UK.... a few couples later and a few denials later we were called (Please don't panic about the denials, in each case the people denied seemed to think they would have problems).

We went up to the desk and were given our yellow envelope and was told not to open it. We have been married now for nearly 3 years so there were no restrictions and he also told me that my SS number would be with me at our address in the US within the next few weeks. We said goodbye to the remaining friends and left the Embassy quickly before they could change their minds

All in all, we found the day to be extremely boring. Definately take something to amuse yourselves and to lower your stress level!!

Well, there it was! I will be posting my POE account shortly.

Lisa
Old Nov 27th 2002, 2:37 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Interview:

That was brilliant, the fun you and your breasts have, you could write a book - The adventures of Lisa and mischevous fluffy pillows! Maybe you should get breast rancher to round them up!

I was a bit freaked out about the asking if you went to churh! I thought church and state where seperate in the US.

Good Luck and God Bless

Patrick

Please note I was quite restrained - you could of had two or three pages of mamory jokes!

Originally posted by lasmus31
Hi Guys,

Well, this is my experience of the interview process in London:

Our interview was on 19th November. We were really concerned about the train situation so we went to stay with family in Essex thinking that it would be easier to travel into London from there than worry about if trains would be running or delays etc... I hardly slept and checked through my paperwork at least 20 times ... just in case I had missed something!

We arrived outside Dr Phelans office at about 7.30, Pete was already there and introduced himself and we chatted merrily until the doors were opened. We were ushered into a small room, given folders with instructions in and asked to hand them in to the desk. Names were called over the extremely bad tannoy system (yeah it really is as bad as people say) and people began to leave the room. There didn't seem to be any order in which people were called in and we waited (waiting around was definately the theme of the day!).

Eventually I was called and asked to pay the fee , they then sent me downstairs to another waiting room. The blood test lady is lovely, she's very chatty and it really is painless.

I was called through for my chest x-ray and asked to remove all my top clothes and put the rather attractive paper gown on. That's where the first problem was, how can I put this nicely ... my chest area is quite large and even though I tied the straps around my waist I still bared everything i had up top. I shuffled from the room clasping the paper tightly trying to contain my bits (yeah I said bits ) The x-ray guy was really sweet and laughed at my efforts to conceal myself whilst leaning against a cold plate with my hands behind my back. The medical went fine, the breast check was pretty easy because ... well lets just say they were already there in full view (by this time I had torn my gown clasping it too hard). I was asked to do an eye test and stood there semi-topless with a wooden spoon over my eye I was waiting for Jeremy Beadle to jump out and tell me it was all a set up at this point! Because I had recently had a positive TB skin test, they checked my x-rays carefully and then I was free to go.

We made our way to the Embassy, which is very easy to find from the map they sent us. The entrance to the Embassy was extremely busy but they ushered us through without delay. We checked in at the first desk and then sat and waited in the sparse waiting area ... a tip for you ... bring a book and something to drink, as we coukln't find anything to pass the time. Eventually we were called to give our paperwork, the official took the originals and a copy and then informed us that our photographs were not acceptable, she gave me some addresses of Adit photographers and said that after my interview we were to go and get them done ... we paid and then yet more waiting ...

Eventually we were called to a desk behind a screen, we both raised our right hands and promised to tell the truth ... the official then asked about where I had travelled in the last five years, had I ever been to the Middle East and whether I went to church ???? He then told us to go and get the photographs and return immediately and hand them in at the desk.

We found one of the Chemists that did Adit photographs. He pointed at the storeroom door (which was covered with sheets of white paper) and asked me to stand there while he took the pictures ... the pictures were hideous, but at this point I really didn't care. Bruce (US Citizen Husband) and I walked back to the Embassy wondering if we had already had our interview (it wasn't made clear at all).

Again we sat and waited. We had met some really nice people whilst there. Pete was called to the desk and then left looking extremely upset, we guessed the interview had not gone well. The next couple were called (she was british, he was USC and they were applying for the Fiance Visa) They came back to us extremely upset ... they too had been denied (She had explained that she had overstayed on her Visitor's Visa because they had gone to Mexico thinking it was classed as a border and she was then stopped at the airport and deported ... she was told that she was unable to apply for another 10 years). The next called was a lovely French lady who was resident in the UK and was married to a USC who was unable to attend. She too was denied because she had not bought papers detailing her residency in the UK.... a few couples later and a few denials later we were called (Please don't panic about the denials, in each case the people denied seemed to think they would have problems).

We went up to the desk and were given our yellow envelope and was told not to open it. We have been married now for nearly 3 years so there were no restrictions and he also told me that my SS number would be with me at our address in the US within the next few weeks. We said goodbye to the remaining friends and left the Embassy quickly before they could change their minds

All in all, we found the day to be extremely boring. Definately take something to amuse yourselves and to lower your stress level!!

Well, there it was! I will be posting my POE account shortly.

Lisa
Old Nov 27th 2002, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the mammaries, and congratulations.
Old Nov 27th 2002, 4:05 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by abba48uk
Thanks for the mammaries, and congratulations.

Hee hee!!! Very good, abba!!!
Many congrats, Lisa!!!!
Kate. xxxxx
Old Nov 27th 2002, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough

no more me(a)mory joke, CONGRATULATIONS
Old Nov 27th 2002, 6:04 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by simon bland
no more me(a)mory joke, CONGRATULATIONS
Killjoy, the breast was yet to come!
Old Nov 27th 2002, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

I think my breasts have had enough exposure guys

They are now cosily tucked away .. you'll be pleased to know!

Lisa (and her puppies)
Old Nov 27th 2002, 9:58 pm
ScarlettHill

hi Lisa,

i really enjoyed reading your story - thanks so much for posting. sounds like it was a rough day at the embassy with all those denials...

once again - congratulations!!!

regards
-=-
scarlett

Old Nov 28th 2002, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

dazeychain is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that, Lisa. My interview is in six days (aaaarrgh!) and it's helpful to know what to expect...I look forward to donning the paper gown :-)

Congratulations, and best wishes for your future.

Peace,

D.
Old Nov 28th 2002, 8:02 pm
Pagan Sex God

Originally posted by lasmus31
I think my breasts have had enough exposure guys

They are now cosily tucked away .. you'll be pleased to know!

Lisa (and her puppies)

Free the Lisa two!!!!!!!
Old Nov 30th 2002, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Jo Brayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default your embassy experience

Thanks for posting that . I have started a new London Embassy thread hoping others like yourself will post there .

Wow that is scary about those people being denied. The question is why didnt that french lady apply from France?? oh well, her problem!

Wow so I guess we better come with plenty of proof that I am resident in the UK huh?? I'm the USC so my 'puppies' wont even see the light of day in this case! hehe, my hubby thinks this chest x-ray thing is all a big joke really.

Myself and hubby have been married for 6 yrs and have lived together in the UK for 6 yrs. The only difficulties I can see are the taxes/financial things, but my husband says we should not have any problem.
Old Dec 4th 2002, 1:21 am
Just Joined

Jo,

The French lady was resident in the UK, so I suppose it was easier from there. Maybe she'll try France next?!

It didn't seem like the financial stuff was the problem in the cases that I saw denied. They all seemed to think they would have a problem for overstaying on other Visa's and stuff like that.

Keep us posted as to how it's all going!

Lisa (Puppies say hi!)