London Embassy Pkt 3

Old Nov 6th 2003, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default London Embassy Pkt 3

At long last the papers have arrived! The letter is dated 28th October but arrived this morning - 5th November.

The packet contains:-

IV15
DS-2000
DS-230 - Part 1
DS-156
DS-156K

I don't know when the NVC forwarded the papers to the Embssy but as the letter from the NVC was dated 24th October and bearing in mind we've had the postal strike in the UK the papers couldn't have been at the NVC for too long.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: London Embassy Pkt 3

Originally posted by Lara45
At long last the papers have arrived! The letter is dated 28th October but arrived this morning - 5th November.

The packet contains:-

IV15
DS-2000
DS-230 - Part 1
DS-156
DS-156K

I don't know when the NVC forwarded the papers to the Embssy but as the letter from the NVC was dated 24th October and bearing in mind we've had the postal strike in the UK the papers couldn't have been at the NVC for too long.
The paper arrived this morning - 6th November - so excited I made an error with the date!
Old Nov 6th 2003, 9:15 am
Just Joined

jjrimell is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I've not posted on this forum before, but I have been keeping tenni's K3 timeline website up todate (John & Laura). I thought you would be interested to hear that I received my packet 3 from london on 24th Oct and just heard today that my interview date is 8th Dec (I received packet 4)

Ironically, on the same day as receiving packet 4, Laura got the 2nd NOA for the I-130!
Old Nov 6th 2003, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jjrimell
Well, I've not posted on this forum before, but I have been keeping tenni's K3 timeline website up todate (John & Laura). I thought you would be interested to hear that I received my packet 3 from london on 24th Oct and just heard today that my interview date is 8th Dec (I received packet 4)

Ironically, on the same day as receiving packet 4, Laura got the 2nd NOA for the I-130!
I wasn't sure if Lara is on a K3 too or a K1? Is the packet3 you received the same as Lara? or slightly different?

Thanks
Old Nov 6th 2003, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mdaitc
I wasn't sure if Lara is on a K3 too or a K1? Is the packet3 you received the same as Lara? or slightly different?

Thanks

Im a K1 visa
Old Nov 6th 2003, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future

Im a K1 visa
Thanks, i can't imagine the K3 packet 3 being too different..

Good luck with it all
Old Nov 6th 2003, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mdaitc
Thanks, i can't imagine the K3 packet 3 being too different..

I came in tonight and thought I'd start filling in all the papers that were sent - one of the things I've noticed is that the one set of forms i.e DS-156 that my 6 year old daughter has to complete(!!) is slightly different to the DS-156 that I complete. On hers it asks for Passport number, place of issuance, issuing country, issuing date - but it doesn't on DS-156 that I complete.

There's also an additional form that I don't recognise and I needed to check with everyone if they'd received this form as well - its entitled "Nonimmigrant V Visa Application" - there's only one of these. Is this a mistake? or do I fill this in too?

As for the other forms - I'm beginning to think Im totally stupid :-

My daughter's DS-156: question 32: "are any of the following person's in the US etc" and then I have to mark off one of the following categories i.e husband/wife, fiancee/fiance - Now what on earth do I do here? He's my fiance - not hers! Any ideas? Should I just write in "my mother's fiancee?"

19. What is the purpose of your trip?? (Oh god Im braindead)!! What do I put here for my 6 year old?

Form DS230-1- (my form)

3. Other surnames used
4. Other first and middle names used

(I take it that this isn't referring to past married names? - just names that I presently use?)

Now the big one!!!

Question 33 - have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other similar legal action? Have you ever unlawfully distributed or sold a controlled substance (drug), or been a prostitue or procurer for prostitution?

No Ive never unlawfully distributed or sold drugs, or been a prostitute!! But (as one of my previous posts mentioned) I did get into a spot of trouble when I was 16 - nothing to do with drugs or prostituion ........ So yes, I was charged but no - nothing to do with drugs/prostitution!!

I am feeling physically sick at all these forms!! I can't think anymore - I really need some advice here - please!!! Oh Im so sorry for this long post!!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Now the big one!!!

Question 33 - have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other similar legal action?
If one has been arrested or convicted of a crime, then one has to declare it. The police certificate/record should cover it in greater depth.

Not mentioning it is far worse than mentioning it in terms of consequences.

I don't know, but one might need to get a waiver for it.

Email/call the embassy for help is probably the best bet.. or get a layer

Hope this helps somewhere