Reload this Page >

London Embassy Interview Question

London Embassy Interview Question

Old Feb 14th 2013, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

chris197337 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: London Embassy Interview Question

Originally Posted by Apfelkuchen
Perhaps because you don't live in the city where the consulate is and need to stay in a hotel the night before (but are checking out before the interview).

EDIT: Of course that doesn't mean you couldn't get rid of the toiletries before the interview but the idea of having them with you in the first place isn't stupid - I doubt the OP was planning to freshen up mid-interview.
That's it.I'm getting to London tonight but working on Saturday, so I don't have anywhere to leave anything (other than the pharmacy) before I get a train late tomorrow afternoon.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by slummymummy
Where are you leaving your phone? Can you not leave the charger in the same place? Or maybe don't take the charger at all and use your phone sparingly.

yep, the potential loss of a small deodorant is probably not the most serious immigration trauma on here...
I suppose it's more the hassle,having to queue and being late or similar rather than the actual losing of it.

I've read about the pharmacy that stores electronic items.But I don't know if they'd take the charger,hence wondering if there is a definitive list anywhere.If it is like an airport then I'd imagine it will be fine.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 3:45 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

In which case, one should also have a change of clothes and a small overnight bag to hold both the clothes and the toiletries? I know that I personally would not want to be in the consulate pulling out my papers from the same bag that contained yesterday's smelly clothes and my toiletries. How embarassing!
Perhaps because you don't live in the city where the consulate is and need to stay in a hotel the night before (but are checking out before the interview).

The question is a FAQ - there have been inumerable posts telling people of a nearby pharmacy where belongings can be left while attending the interview.
EDIT: Of course that doesn't mean you couldn't get rid of the toiletries before the interview but the idea of having them with you in the first place isn't stupid - I doubt the OP was planning to freshen up mid-interview.
Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Feb 14th 2013 at 3:48 am.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

"I doubt the OP was planning to freshen up mid-interview"

I didn't see this - haha!

I'm sure the pharmacy will take the charger as well as the phone but it might cost you a few quid extra. Again, not the end of the world considering all the money immigration costs!

http://gouldpharmacy.com/ContactUs.asp
Old Feb 14th 2013, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
I know that I personally would not want to be in the consulate pulling out my papers from the same bag that contained yesterday's smelly clothes and my toiletries. How embarassing!
Just exactly how smelly are your clothes after 1 day's wear?!
Old Feb 14th 2013, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

"I doubt the OP was planning to freshen up mid-interview"

I didn't see this - haha!

I'm sure the pharmacy will take the charger as well as the phone but it might cost you a few quid extra. Again, not the end of the world considering all the money immigration costs!

http://gouldpharmacy.com/ContactUs.asp
You'd think it will be ok thanks.I just wondered if anybody knew for sure any more about the specifics of the security regulations,to remove the possibility of leaving it to chance.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Exactly,never mind how relevant that is to my OP.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris197337
You'd think it will be ok thanks.I just wondered if anybody knew for sure any more about the specifics of the security regulations,to remove the possibility of leaving it to chance.
You could try searching for some of the 'My London Embassy Interview Experience' threads. Sometimes people mention what they took in with them.

Do report back on whether you managed to extract your paperwork from your bag without accidentally flinging your soiled underwear in the consular officer's face . Or, better still, go to Gould's and try to leave just a pair of pants (British English meaning) with them, and let us know how that goes.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

Oh dear... I think someone is taking the p!$$ here. No but seriously Chris, you should just chill now and fantasize about your future life in the USA instead of worrying about this. Don't bring the charger! It has a plug! The instructions say nothing with a plug allowed! Oh dear I think I'm turning into Ian. Must stop my addiction to this forum. Bye... and good luck!

Last edited by slummymummy; Feb 14th 2013 at 5:52 am.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 6:38 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Smelly enough that she won't let me wear them 2 days in a row. But then she's Thai, and showers and changes her own clothes at least twice a day.

Regards, JEff

Old Feb 14th 2013, 6:40 am

I wonder if he's one of those people who lays down 'racing stripes'?

Regards, JEff

Do report back on whether you managed to extract your paperwork from your bag without accidentally flinging your soiled underwear in the consular officer's face . Or, better still, go to Gould's and try to leave just a pair of pants (British English meaning) with them, and let us know how that goes.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Oh dear... I think someone is taking the p!$$ here. No but seriously Chris, you should just chill now and fantasize about your future life in the USA instead of worrying about this. Don't bring the charger! It has a plug! The instructions say nothing with a plug allowed! Oh dear I think I'm turning into Ian. Must stop my addiction to this forum. Bye... and good luck!
Thanks,I'll be sure to post the experiences of tomorrow.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 11:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris197337
But I don't know if they'd take the charger...
Why don't you just call them and find out? I mean... really, you shouldn't have to ask about something so basically easy to figure out on your own!

Ian
Old Feb 14th 2013, 11:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear I think I'm turning into Ian.
You have done well, my young Padawan Learner.

Ian
Old Feb 14th 2013, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Why don't you just call them and find out? I mean... really, you shouldn't have to ask about something so basically easy to figure out on your own!

Ian
So basically easy,yet nobody has been able to definitively answer it.

I'm not going to pay those prices re the phone call.

Thanks for your input.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.