London Embassy forms

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default London Embassy forms

Can I send in the following now rather than wait for the London Embassy to send me Packet 3?

DS-230 Part 1 only (plus DS-230 Part 1 for my 6 year old)
DS-156 for myself and my 6 year old (unsigned)
DS-156K - completed by myself only

We dont have all the documents quite ready yet.

Im also a little unclear on DS-230 - Part 2. Is this obsolete or do I complete this on the day of my interview?

I've also tried to find the IV-15 on the London Embassy site but can't see it on there - does anyone know where I can find it?

Timeline: 1st NOA - 23 May 2003
2nd NOA - 31 October 2003
NVC letter received - 27 October 2003
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future
Default Re: London Embassy forms

Originally posted by Lara45
Can I send in the following now rather than wait for the London Embassy to send me Packet 3?

I've also tried to find the IV-15 on the London Embassy site but can't see it on there - does anyone know where I can find it?
according to http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/iv/fiance.htm

As of March 21, 2003, it is no longer possible to begin the administrative processing of a fiancé(e) visa application until the Immigrant Visa Unit receives the visa applicant's file from the NVC. While you are waiting for notification from the Immigrant Visa Unit that we are ready to begin processing your application, you may wish to begin assembling the documents you will be required to furnish on the day of your visa interview.

as for the readiness form:
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/iv/ds2001.htm
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Sixx is an unknown quantity at this point

Im also a little unclear on DS-230 - Part 2. Is this obsolete or do I complete this on the day of my interview?

if its the form im thinking of then you fill it out and send it back and at the interview they will ask you to sign it..... if you can... i was shaking so bad it didnt look like my signature.....
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Sixx

if its the form im thinking of then you fill it out and send it back and at the interview they will ask you to sign it..... if you can... i was shaking so bad it didnt look like my signature.....
i'm pretty sure that the part 2 one signs before the consular official, but does the part 1 get signed before you send it back in? The part 2 has the warning not to sign, but the part 1 doesn't..

3 1/2 hours @ POE, were they in a bad mood?
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 6:31 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by mdaitc
i'm pretty sure that the part 2 one signs before the consular official, but does the part 1 get signed before you send it back in? The part 2 has the warning not to sign, but the part 1 doesn't..

You don't need the part 2 for K1 & K3.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Sixx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mdaitc

It was just crazy busy in there.... i waited an hour and 20 mins in line just to get to the immigration desk that everyone goes through... the rest of the time i was waiting in a room to be seen.....

the actual POE interview was about 5 mins.... they just asked me a couple questions like when we were getting married, then took my fingerprints then i was outta there......

It was very frustrating though... knowing Christopher would be going crazy waiting on the other side.... seems so long ago now