Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London Embassy DCF - Help pls

Wikiposts

London Embassy DCF - Help pls

Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:35 am

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Embassy DCF - Help pls

We were at the embassy a little over a week ago, for our visa. We had an 8:20 appointment, I believe.

There are two lines outside, one for visas and one for US citizen services.

When we arrived at 7 AM, there were four people in the visa line and two people in the US line.

When they started letting people in at 8 AM, there were about 25 people in the visa line and... two people in the US line.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

frank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud of

lol! thanks for that - good to know. so we wont need to aim to get there too much before 9am then. just need to make sure to leave everything but our keys at home! thanks!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:54 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frank09
Yes I'm going as part of citizen services to register a birth. Does that mean I would skip the long line of people who've been waiting for an hour? If the appointment's at 9am then what time are we safe to get there? Thanks
When we went we got there about 15 minutes before hand and were let straight in to Citizen Services. We had an appointment to get documents notarized.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 3:23 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

lol! thanks for that - good to know. so we wont need to aim to get there too much before 9am then. just need to make sure to leave everything but our keys at home! thanks!
And leave the keys too if you have an electronic key fob.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

frank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud of

Ok, now that I have posted that first lot, I am preparing myself for the next lot of paperwork, so that when we hear back that we have the case number etc we will have all the relevant paperwork prepared. We have ordered the police certificate today. the DS2301 Part 1 has (mostly) been filled in.I have a couple of questiond I'd like to ask about the DS2301 pt 1.

1. Where is asks for Type Of Visa for when my wife has been to the USA, shoud she put "Visa Waiver"

2. When is asks about her schooling she hasnt been to college so does she put her High School down?

Once I have those answers, being quite thick I wondered if it would be ok to ask quite a few questions about the I864, which is where I am struggling quite a bit... I've looked through others questions but I cant seem to answer my problems!
Old Oct 15th 2009, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

A Visa Waiver is not a visa.

The clue is in the name.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

aha. so i guess i leave that blank then
Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

so i guess i leave that blank then
No, don't leave it blank. Put down the correct answer - "none".

When is asks about her schooling she hasnt been to college so does she put her High School down?
It's not a trick question. If it asks about school, enter information about the school.

Ian
Old Oct 16th 2009, 1:31 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I would enter 'VWP', so that the reader does not have to make an assumption as to why no visa. (They would likely make a correct assumption, given your country of nationality, but why risk that someone might be having a bad day when it's so easy to avoid it?)

Regards, JEff

aha. so i guess i leave that blank then
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No, don't leave it blank. Put down the correct answer - "none".
Old Oct 16th 2009, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeff - the VWP is not a visa. To put VWP would be an incorrect answer.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 7:01 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Might not be the correct answer, but it is a sensible one. I put Visa Waiver on my form. Whoever said the answer they want is the correct one.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 7:17 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

BG,

You're right on both counts. But it does address the intent of the question and give the reader a full and accurate understanding of the situation.

Answering 'VWP' will not result in an RFE, but 'none' might on a bad day.

I'm still going with the incorrect answer!

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Oct 16th 2009 at 7:19 am.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the application was posted on Wednesday. Just checked online with barclaycrad and the payment has already been processed. Does this indicate that the application may be processing quite quickly?
Old Oct 17th 2009, 7:54 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the application was posted on Wednesday. Just checked online with barclaycrad and the payment has already been processed. Does this indicate that the application may be processing quite quickly?
It's a sign that they are moving sharpish with collecting your money!

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html says

— Processing Times —
As of October 14, 2009, we are processing petitions filed on October 1, 2009.

So that is A-1 awesome. After I-130 approval, you'll be notified and the case sent to the Immigrant Visa Unit. They aren't taking long at all with I-130s right now; I have seen a couple of cases post that they completed inside of 3 months.
Good news if you want to move fast.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

We are trying to get ourselves sorted for the move whenever we can so a quick processing would be great! I've tried to discover what exactly happens next. As I understand it, I should hear back from them that I need to prepare all the info, my wife will need a medical etc and then send a confirmation back to them that all the paperwork is ready. Based on the timescale you showed from the embassy website I could get the within a couple of weeks, right?

In the meantime, I have been preparing my I-864 and my dad's I-864 (he's co sponsor - more questions about those soon!)

My wife has sent off for the police certificate.

We have all other certs (birth, marriage etc)

She is seeing the practice nurse at our GP next Monday for immunisation history and to get anything she doesnt yet have)

If I have all of the above sorted by the time they send their response, any my wife can get a quick appointment for her medical, then as soon as her medical is done we can send off that we are ready. Might that speed things up, having everything ready to respond quickly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.