Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London Embassy DCF - Help pls

Wikiposts

London Embassy DCF - Help pls

Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

frank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud of
Default Re: London Embassy DCF - Help pls

Originally Posted by frank09
Hi all - Back from the states! Been to snapy snaps and looked through all the answers and am getting ready to send off the petition.

2 q's

1. The address i need to send it to says "address for express delivery" I take it that I need to send the petition via recorded delivery?

2. The last instruction on the ORder of Documents Submitted sheet is a self addressed stamped envelope. What size envelope? 1 first class stamp ok?

Thanks!
OK - Filling in the form. I know I've asked this twice already but its confusing! Having ti fill in EVERY block, so does that include where they ask for my wife's middle name. She doesn;t have one. but if I put in NA then for all I know from know on I'll get letters referring to her with the middle name NA. How far do I need to go with the NA thing?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

OK - Filling in the form. I know I've asked this twice already but its confusing! Having ti fill in EVERY block, so does that include where they ask for my wife's middle name. She doesn;t have one. but if I put in NA then for all I know from know on I'll get letters referring to her with the middle name NA. How far do I need to go with the NA thing?
You can just draw a line through that area, or leave it blank.

Rene
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:26 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I have the same problem; I put a dash through that line.

NA doesn't fit there, since it stand for Not Applicable. The question is applicable, but the answer is 'none' (I think I did consider 'none' for an answer but decided against it).
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna

NA doesn't fit there, since it stand for Not Applicable. The question is applicable, but the answer is 'none' (I think I did consider 'none' for an answer but decided against it).
Good idea, you would have been forever known as Meauxna None Moderator!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by meauxna
My alien husband also has no middle name. We drew a line through any space that asked for it.

Rene
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:36 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Good idea, you would have been forever known as Meauxna None Moderator!
It could be my None de Plume though!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

frank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud of

In the midst of the g-325a. for the dates of addresses, I moved into my current address in february 2005 and out of my last house the end of jan 05. so do i put the last address until 01/2005 and the new address from 02/2005 or will they think i skipped a month?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:55 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

f,

You're 'thinking too much' about this item - far more than they will.

Regards, JEff

In the midst of the g-325a. for the dates of addresses, I moved into my current address in february 2005 and out of my last house the end of jan 05. so do i put the last address until 01/2005 and the new address from 02/2005 or will they think i skipped a month?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:55 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

The SAE needs to be big enough for them to send packet 3 to you. I think that is now just a single A4 sheet of paper.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
f,

You're 'thinking too much' about this item - far more than they will.

Regards, JEff
I tend to stress a lot!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:25 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

for the dates of addresses, I moved into my current address in february 2005 and out of my last house the end of jan 05. so do i put the last address until 01/2005 and the new address from 02/2005 or will they think i skipped a month?
Here's a hint when filling out forms... take each question at its face value and do *not* try to interpret the question to fit your situation. If you moved from the old place in 01/05 and moved into a new place in 02/05 then that's what you put down. Don't try to force an interpretation on the question that simply isn't there.

Ian
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:41 am

If you want to be pedantical, notice that the instructions for the addresses say "from" and "to". The way I read it, you live in your OLD place TO 1/31/05 and in the NEW place FROM 2/1/05 (American date system).
Old Oct 13th 2009, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

All ready, envelope sealed, wish me luck! Going to post office in the morning.

On a side note, and sorry to go slightly offtopic, next wednesday I have an appointment at the embassy to get my 3 yr old a birth certificate and passport. The appointment is for 9am. Nowhere on the site or appointment sheet does it say I need to get to the embassy an hourearlier than that but I ask you all - do i??

Thanks!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:22 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

All ready, envelope sealed, wish me luck! Going to post office in the morning.

On a side note, and sorry to go slightly offtopic, next wednesday I have an appointment at the embassy to get my 3 yr old a birth certificate and passport. The appointment is for 9am. Nowhere on the site or appointment sheet does it say I need to get to the embassy an hourearlier than that but I ask you all - do i??

Thanks!
I take it you are going to the Citizen Service part of the Embassy. When we lived in London and went there we just went straight up to the security guard where you walk towards the security search and said what we were there for and went in.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lansbury
I take it you are going to the Citizen Service part of the Embassy. When we lived in London and went there we just went straight up to the security guard where you walk towards the security search and said what we were there for and went in.
Yes I'm going as part of citizen services to register a birth. Does that mean I would skip the long line of people who've been waiting for an hour? If the appointment's at 9am then what time are we safe to get there? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.