Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London Embassy DCF - Help pls

Wikiposts

London Embassy DCF - Help pls

Old Sep 18th 2009, 2:32 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Embassy DCF - Help pls

Actually, hers go on to 22!

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by frank09
Yikes Jeff - I see it now, Column C is about my wife not me! So my questions end at 14b and hers go on to 16... Thanks!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

frank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud of

oh right - i see that now! Thanks for the clarification. A quick question about having to fill in each and every box and line with NA's if necessary. on the I-130 Collum C , q.14 If your relative is currently in the US complete the following... Can i leave it blank or do I still need to NA it?
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:05 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

f09,

As others have already advised, 'none' if often the appropriate answer not 'N/A'.

I personally take this one step further and assert that a 2 or 3 word explanation is always more appropriate than 'N/A', and will usually fit in the space provided, to avoid the reader's automatic reaction 'why is the question not applicable to you?'

In answer to your specific question, I answered I-130 Q. C-14 "not in the USA".

Regards, JEff

oh right - i see that now! Thanks for the clarification. A quick question about having to fill in each and every box and line with NA's if necessary. on the I-130 Collum C , q.14 If your relative is currently in the US complete the following... Can i leave it blank or do I still need to NA it?
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

frank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud of

So, I take it that means you filled in all the forms by hand rather than typing and printing on the pdf documents? Is that what most people do?
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:47 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Is that what most people do?
I think most people type on the PDF form, and if there's something that doesn't have enough space, then after they print the form, they complete the rest by hand. It's perfectly okay to do that. USCIS doesn't actually care how the information is entered.

Ian
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I think most people type on the PDF form, and if there's something that doesn't have enough space, then after they print the form, they complete the rest by hand. It's perfectly okay to do that. USCIS doesn't actually care how the information is entered.

Ian
Yep, that's what I did.

Rene
Old Sep 18th 2009, 5:09 am

No, I did not.

I only did by hand those forms that were not available as fillable PDFs. (A few years back not all forms were available as fillable forms.)

I-130 I did entirely electronically, nothing hand-written but my signature.

Regards, JEff

So, I take it that means you filled in all the forms by hand rather than typing and printing on the pdf documents?
Old Sep 18th 2009, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
BG,

Wrong.

Look at I-130 again, carefully. (You too, f09) The form does clearly indicate whose employment is being asked about.
Yeah I messed up (sorry), but I'll tell you why. I filled in the form on behalf of my wife, therefore I got myself confused as to the 'target' of each section. It was my employer that went in that section (and I was the beneficiary, not the USC).
Old Sep 18th 2009, 5:55 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

A quick point to ask. My wife and I will be going to the States this coming week (the 24th Sep) for 10 days and again on the 15th Dec for 10 days. I was hoping to send off the I-130 before we go away next week. This will depend on whether or not I need to send in the I-864's now or later! Is that OK? If the embassy is super fast getting back to us and respond before the December trip can we just hold off doing her medical until January?.
Not sure if you have seen this, the current processing of the I-130 in London

As of September 14, 2009, processing petitions filed on August 24, 2009.

You can then add the processing time for the visa application and see how that effects December
Old Sep 18th 2009, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

You can then add the processing time for the visa application and see how that effects December

I know this is a dumb question - but what kind of time frame should I reckon?
Old Sep 18th 2009, 6:07 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The average for London DCF cases is 5 months; some have been going faster recently.
But it doesn't really matter for you. After the I-130 is approved, CIS will send it over to the Immigrant Visa Unit and they will send a letter asking you to get your documents together and start your visa application.
You can do that when you like. If the letter arrives while you are away for a few weeks' holiday, it won't damage your case. You just answer the letter when you get back.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 6:25 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

After the I-130 is approved allow 3 - 4 weeks to get "packet 3" which is a letter directing to the web page linked below for the application forms you complete and post to the Embassy for the visa, and the documents you need to gather to take to the interview. It can be as quick as 2 -3 weeks to get "packet 3".

You can see what the application will entail here:-
http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html

Packet 3 is just a letter with your London case number and telling you to go to the above web page.

Once you send that back 6 - 8 weeks for the interview.

As said you can control the speed things are done but when you send stuff back. But I wondered if you get the interview close to the end of the year if you would make the December trip anyway. Thought it might just be useful for you to know so you have more information to decide what you want to do.

Last edited by lansbury; Sep 18th 2009 at 6:29 am.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 10:04 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

It took us 9 weeks between posting in the I-130 (7 July) and posting in the DS-230/DS-2001, (15 September). Nothing left but the interview now.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

I think I will prepare all the documents and the send them as soon as we get back from NY in October.. That way we should hear (hopefully) back about the next stage around the time we get back to London in December after our second trip.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Hi all - Back from the states! Been to snapy snaps and looked through all the answers and am getting ready to send off the petition.

2 q's

1. The address i need to send it to says "address for express delivery" I take it that I need to send the petition via recorded delivery?

2. The last instruction on the ORder of Documents Submitted sheet is a self addressed stamped envelope. What size envelope? 1 first class stamp ok?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.