Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London Embassy Courier Service

London Embassy Courier Service

Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

LondonLondon2USA has a spectacular aura aboutLondonLondon2USA has a spectacular aura aboutLondonLondon2USA has a spectacular aura about
Default London Embassy Courier Service

Hi there

It seems the London Embassy has tightened up on VISA applications and are suspending more and more. I had this pleasure on 10th November and received the dreaded blue form.

I had my IR-1 suspended due to a joint sponsor being required. My house was refused as an asset. I wasn't even asked what my situation was and I could have quite easily been at the stage of completion. He never even asked.

I got my wife's uncle to be a joint sponsor and had all my joint sponsor's paperwork collected by the courier service last Tuesday, 18th. Can anyone please tell me if they have been in this position and had to call the courier service for collection and if so, how long did it take for an answer from the Embassy once they had received it? Also, do the courier service contact you to arrange return delivery? Or do they just turn up with the documents unannounced? I work shifts and am worried I might not be in if they just turn up.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Embassy Courier Service

In my husband's case, they phoned once they had the passport.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 12:38 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

When you called the courier to get the paperwork collected, did they come the same day?

I'm just wondering because all our extra stuff is due to arrive here on Friday, and if they pick up the same day I might be in with a chance of getting it to the embassy on Monday!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clarissageo
When you called the courier to get the paperwork collected, did they come the same day?

I'm just wondering because all our extra stuff is due to arrive here on Friday, and if they pick up the same day I might be in with a chance of getting it to the embassy on Monday!
Sorry, I can't help there - his passport just went the other direction.

They didn't pick anything up - the embassy had kept his passport. They just called to say they had it from the embassy and would be delivering it.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:04 pm
James (UK) and Laura (TX)

LJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really nice

Originally Posted by LondonLondon2USA
Hi there

It seems the London Embassy has tightened up on VISA applications and are suspending more and more. I had this pleasure on 10th November and received the dreaded blue form.

I had my IR-1 suspended due to a joint sponsor being required. My house was refused as an asset. I wasn't even asked what my situation was and I could have quite easily been at the stage of completion. He never even asked.

I got my wife's uncle to be a joint sponsor and had all my joint sponsor's paperwork collected by the courier service last Tuesday, 18th. Can anyone please tell me if they have been in this position and had to call the courier service for collection and if so, how long did it take for an answer from the Embassy once they had received it? Also, do the courier service contact you to arrange return delivery? Or do they just turn up with the documents unannounced? I work shifts and am worried I might not be in if they just turn up.
We had this situation although dealing with a K-1 visa. The courier came and picked up the documents and the visa was delivered by the courier company within 5 working days. They did contact me to arrange a time when I would be available.

Last edited by LJwedding09; Nov 26th 2008 at 1:06 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

LondonLondon2USA has a spectacular aura aboutLondonLondon2USA has a spectacular aura aboutLondonLondon2USA has a spectacular aura about

I called the courier service on the Monday afternoon and they stated they would collect between 8am and 6pm on Tuesday. I asked for an afternoon slot and they said it would be an extra £30, on top of the £26 I had to pay. They stated that they would normally collect in the morning and not the afternoon.

They picked up the documents and they were placed in a yellow bag and taken away at about 11:30am. I called them today, as it has been 8 days since collection. They told me they would text me on the number I had given them, the day before they deliver.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 3:14 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great, thankyou

Have you had any contact with the embassy since you sent the extra stuff in to them?
Old Nov 26th 2008, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thats great, thankyou

Have you had any contact with the embassy since you sent the extra stuff in to them?
No nothing. I am starting to get worried but I'll leave it for a few more days just in case. I keep telling myself, the longer it takes, the better the news. I'm probably totally wrong.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 5:56 pm
Dizzy Blonde

Hopefully you'll hear something soon, I know its easy to say not to worry, I'm feeling the same right now.

Keep positive, let me know if you hear something
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

alissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to all

Thanks so much for posting your experience. Sorry to hear it but I am sure it will be resolved soon. Now I am definitely going for a joint I-864!
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:51 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alissss
Now I am definitely going for a joint I-864!
Just remember that unless you *have to* present it, you don't have to present it. You can keep it in your bag as surplus.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:56 am
Dizzy Blonde

I've bitten the bullet and booked the courier to come collect our documents on Saturday - paid the extra £30 so I didn't have to wait until Monday.

All our paperwork is meant to be arriving by Friday (MIL sent it UPS express today) so I hope it arrives in time, otherwise I'll have to delay them!

They also said they had put a note on the system requesting that the embassy call me when they are done processing it, as my cellphone has no signal in the area where we are. I guess we'll see!