London DCF - NOA

Old Sep 10th 2004, 7:30 am
Dorset Nearly Texas

foo fighter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London DCF - NOA

Hi All,

I am a UKC married to USC wife for 12 years and both living in UK. I 130 was submitted and Embassy confirmed filed on 2 July 2004. NOA received 2 weeks ago (no case number) but have not received Pack 3 since. I suppose it is because the DHS website still says "as of Friday 13 August, this office is processing I130's received before and upto 25th June 2004." (why is there so much backlog? do they all go back to the USA for summer?) but wanted to confirm this with the forum.

Is it normal;

a) To have an NOA without a case number?
b) To not have received a Pack 3 by now?

As our house is on the market now and I want to get the visa in my sweaty little palms regardless of whether the house sells quickly or not (worry about that later), could I send a DS230 Part 1 and DS2001 with a copy of the NOA to the visa unit before Pack 3 arrives?

Your collective wisdom of all things US Marriage Based Visaish would be much appreciated.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice
Default Re: London DCF - NOA

Originally Posted by foo fighter
Hi All,

I am a UKC married to USC wife for 12 years and both living in UK. I 130 was submitted and Embassy confirmed filed on 2 July 2004. NOA received 2 weeks ago (no case number) but have not received Pack 3 since. I suppose it is because the DHS website still says "as of Friday 13 August, this office is processing I130's received before and upto 25th June 2004." (why is there so much backlog? do they all go back to the USA for summer?) but wanted to confirm this with the forum.

Is it normal;

a) To have an NOA without a case number?
b) To not have received a Pack 3 by now?

As our house is on the market now and I want to get the visa in my sweaty little palms regardless of whether the house sells quickly or not (worry about that later), could I send a DS230 Part 1 and DS2001 with a copy of the NOA to the visa unit before Pack 3 arrives?

Your collective wisdom of all things US Marriage Based Visaish would be much appreciated.
You should send off your DS230 part 1 and DS2001 (providing you have already got assembled ALL your documents required for the interview). These forms are sent to a different address than the I-130 and if you check on the embassy website it tells you that you can and should send off the DS230 etc.

Hope this helps
Old Sep 10th 2004, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice

Originally Posted by broma25
You should send off your DS230 part 1 and DS2001 (providing you have already got assembled ALL your documents required for the interview). These forms are sent to a different address than the I-130 and if you check on the embassy website it tells you that you can and should send off the DS230 etc.

Hope this helps
You should also make sure you have all the documents to support I-864 Affidavit of Support. eg your US wife has the latest 3 years US tax returns and you have suffient assets x 5 to meet the current poverty guidelines. If not you will need to arrange a co-sponsor who is resident in the US.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 7:30 pm
~ Mr & Mrs ~

mvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant future

Hi

Similar situation to you, UKC married to USC wife for 5 years. We're just a couple of weeks ahead of you on processing:

24/6 Filed I-130
10/8 Posted DS230
14/8 Rec'd NOA - As you, NO case number stated
31/8 Posted DS2001
4/9 Rec'd Packet 3

Agree with recomendation to send off the DS230 and DS2001 (so long as you've got everything sorted)

Patience is required though, as you get no acknowledgement that the DS230 is in progress. I emailed them on 5/9 to check and have not rec'd a reply yet.

Good luck!
Old Sep 10th 2004, 10:38 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London DCF - NOA

Originally Posted by foo fighter
Hi All, I am a UKC married to USC wife for 12 years and both living in UK. I 130 was submitted and Embassy confirmed filed on 2 July 2004. NOA received 2 weeks ago (no case number) but have not received Pack 3 since. I suppose it is because the DHS website still says "as of Friday 13 August, this office is processing I130's received before and upto 25th June 2004." (why is there so much backlog? do they all go back to the USA for summer?) but wanted to confirm this with the forum. Is it normal; a) To have an NOA without a case number? b) To not have received a Pack 3 by now?
As our house is on the market now and I want to get the visa in my sweaty little palms regardless of whether the house sells quickly or not (worry about that later), could I send a DS230 Part 1 and DS2001 with a copy of the NOA to the visa unit before Pack 3 arrives? Your collective wisdom of all things US Marriage Based Visaish would be much appreciated.

See our timeline below. Our NOA didn't have a case number, and we haven't received Packet 3 yet, either.

Concur with others that - provided you have all the required information - you send in your DS-230 Part I and DS-2001 now.

Here's hoping we all get our interview dates soon!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 9:09 pm
~ Mr & Mrs ~

mvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant future
Talking Re: London DCF - NOA

Brown envelope received in the post Monday morning...Packet 4 has landed!

Interview scheduled for 22 September!!!

Almost exactly 3 months from posting I-130.

Hope you don't have to wait too long for yours!