A little bit hasty?

Old Jun 21st 2001, 12:07 am
Rob Knaggs

Hi everyone, new to the group.

I called the London Embassy and asked them to send me the OF-156 and accompanying
forms as soon as my fiancée got the INS approval notice, as I'd read that this is a
good idea to save time. Well, I filled everything in and sent it back... THEN got
the letter from the Embassy with my case number and more of the same forms. My
slight worry is: are both parties now sitting around waiting to hear from one
another? I THINK everything's OK because when I called earlier this week they said
that normally it's three weeks before it even shows up on their computer; but that
they had me down as wishing to travel mid-July (as I had requested on my letter),
and that the FBI was running checks. I never got to ask the specific question of
whether my forms had arrived safely because the lady on the phone wouldn't let me
get a word in! I'm a bit loath to call again because although they're pretty prompt
at answering the phone, they're also pretty rude when they do! So what's the
verdict? Is everything proceeding as it should - or do I need to re-send the forms
with my case number added?

Rob Knaggs

Old Jun 21st 2001, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

You sound as if you're fine to me. They have everything ready and are running a background check on you (if indeed you are the UK fiance). If you do want to call again, what I suggest is having your questions short and to the point, and remain polite and friendly with her (if it's the one with the accent, I find she doesn't understand British accents very well, I get better response when I call rather than my UK fiance). Don't worry too much!
Old Jun 21st 2001, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mikie2468 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rob,

I did precisely the same thing as you, sending my forms back on the 5th June, in fact the day before I received my package from the embassy with my case no.

Based on my experience, you should relax. I heard today my interview has been scheduled for July 2; hopefully you'll hear about yours soon too.

Good luck!

Mike.
Old Jun 21st 2001, 6:40 pm
Rob Knaggs

Thanks Penny and Mike. I reckoned that was the case but I'm an inveterate worrier!
I'll let the group know when I have my interview date.

I'd also just like to say that considering many of the people in this group are
enduring months/years of misery while struggling to be with the one they love, it's
rally uplifting to see just how nice everyone is here!

Best wishes to one and all Rob

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >