Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Letter to Consulate, your opinions please

Letter to Consulate, your opinions please

Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Letter to Consulate, your opinions please

Originally Posted by Mike Dobony
We DO fulfill that requirement, but they refused to look at it. THIS seems
to be totally ignored by every response I have received from this group!! I
am beginning to believe that nobody passed kindergarten!!!!
Hi Mike,

I've gone pretty far past kindergarten. I do acknowledge the fact that the Consulate refused to look at the evidence presented. It's not being ignored. I've read that fact in almost every one of your posts.

But the bottom line is...the ConOff has the right to look at whatever paperwork he/she wishes. This happens in other consulates as well - Egypt, China, India - so it's not uncommon or unheard of. In cases where the ConOff doesn't look at all the presented evidence, the way around that is to ask the ConOff "what CAN we present to you so that a visa might be granted?" If the ConOff gives you direct advice, as did the one in Lagos for your son, that's to your benefit, and all you do is follow suit.

The fact that the ConOff refused to look at the evidence doesn't evoke a lot of sympathy around here, as you can see.

Rene
Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

cbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant future

> If you are thinking that the situation is unfair because you have acted
    > as joint sponsors and satisfy the financial requirements, you should
    > check this out:
    > I-864 Fact Sheet:
    > http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffa...ets/affaqa.htm

Page does not exist!!!???

> 7. Does a sponsor need to show proof of current employment?
    > A sponsor is not required to be employed, so long as the sponsor's
    > income from sources other than employment, or the income of other
    > qualifying persons in the household and/or assets are sufficient to
    > reach or exceed the poverty line for the sponsor's household size.
    > However, it is anticipated that in most cases the sponsor will need to
    > be employed and show proof of employment to meet the income
    > requirements.

We DO fulfill that requirement, but they refused to look at it. THIS seems
to be totally ignored by every response I have received from this group!! I
am beginning to believe that nobody passed kindergarten!!!!

> ----
    > Basically, my understanding is that the joint sponsor can only AID the
    > main sponsor IF the sponsor is at least employed (making less than
    > poverty). It appears that the only way for the sponsor (your son) to
    > qualify as an unemployed person, he would have to be self-sufficient
    > (satisfy the financial requirements through assets or other income
    > means) without the aid of joint sponsors.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
you need to stop acting so flabbergasted with your multiple exclamation points and question marks if you want anyone to take you seriously, including the immigration officers.

We are just trying to help. Furthermore, i don't think it is so unbelievable that I would question whether your son can be self-sufficient with his assets, since your story and exclamation is so fueled with your anger and emotion that it's hard to rationally analyze anything. Does your son have 5x 125% of the poverty level for a 2 person household worth of assets IN HIS NAME, completely disregarding your joint sponsorship? And was it properly proven with a bank letter or 12 months of statements? Has he provided 3 years of tax returns? I ask because I don't know if you're simply saying "hey, we all got money, she'll be taken care of, trust me!" which means nothing to the Embassy. Don't think i'm an idiot for asking, because your posting style warrants these types of questions.

The Embassy makes no promises, and the fact that you are pointing the finger going "they said this, they said that" and that they LIED, shows that you don't know how to deal with bureacracy. Red tape and paperwork is what it is, and in the end, correspondences between you and an immigration officer means nothing, especially since they are clearly still giving your son an opportunity to bring his wife into the US, by working a mere 3 months.

I advise you to refrain from sending the letter, because so much of it is just a father expressing that he thinks his son is awesome, which to an immigration officer is pure garbage.

They gave you a condition... have your son go home and work 3 months. Seems reasonable and the easiest/quickest way to get your daughter to the U.S. I wish you good luck.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Mike's biggest mistake was to take the 800-number's word for it that the visa would be processed in 3 months. Mike's been around this forum for quite a while, you'd think he'd have noticed that it's not called the 800-misinformation line for nothing. The problem is, he put 100% faith in some contract employee's idea that a visa from Lagos would take only 3 months to process.....and is now saying they lied to him, when in reality that was only a vague guesstimate from someone who knows nothing about true processing times particular to individual consulates.

Rene
Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:38 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbaudelaire
Does your son have 5x 125% of the poverty level for a 2 person household worth of assets IN HIS NAME, completely disregarding your joint sponsorship? And was it properly proven with a bank letter or 12 months of statements? Has he provided 3 years of tax returns?
cbaudelaire, awesome post. Thanks for also bringing this up, which Mike may have missed.
Mike says that he, his wife, the son and the new wife are all going to live together. This makes the son's household 4, not 2.

Maybe they just haven't done the math.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Mike's biggest mistake was to take the 800-number's word for it that the visa would be processed in 3 months.
More Mike-misunderstandings?

The K-3 visa probably was taking 3 months to process around then.

Of course, the petition is another matter...
Old Jun 10th 2005, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

cbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by meauxna
cbaudelaire, awesome post. Thanks for also bringing this up, which Mike may have missed.
Mike says that he, his wife, the son and the new wife are all going to live together. This makes the son's household 4, not 2.

Maybe they just haven't done the math.

excellent point. time would be better spent if mike went over the particular details of the case so we could try to understand it better. although i still think time would be best spent if they would proceed with the interviewer's suggestion IMMEDIATELY and try to get that visa ASAP.

it is obvious that the visa petition/application process is simply not cut and dry. The fact that there is a mandatory interview shows that they reserve the right to smell "funny stuff" and add requirements. It is the job of the interviewers and immigration officers to reserve the right to set extra requirements when they feel it is needed.

Mike, promises from the immigration officers over the phone really do not mean anything. If it did, then the whole visa process can be done over the phone with a conversation. it is only when they look at the application ON PAPER, officially submitted by the immigrant and petitioner, can they truly make a decision.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 7:47 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all

I recall reading about people posting here what processing in Mumbai is like, and the humiliation these people had to deal with.

But most of all, I remember how impressed I was with the way they kept their dignity, endured the harrassments and refused to let these people drag them down to their level.

They hid their anger and ambarrassments, provided all documents they were asked for, and tried to fulfill every requirement otherwise.

Finally, after sometimes many months, they were rewarded that visa and reunited with their loved ones.

Maybe kicking and screaming makes YOU feel better Mike, but I'm almost certain that it will hurt the case of your daughter-in-law.

I advise you not to, but if you insist on sending that letter, send it to your son? Maybe he can put his name under it.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 8:16 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Your letter is too bloody long and too bloody irrelevant. My suggestion (draft only!) thus:

Dear Sirs,

I write to ask that you reconsider my fiancée Abigail Dobony's visa # LGS1234567890 since I do not understand why it has been refused.

I have a proven track record of employment dating back to my last years at high school.

I took a leave of absence from my job before coming to Nigeria. Your office sent an email assuring me that if I returned to Nigeria you would not reject her visa on the grounds that I did not have a job since my parents had sufficient income and capital to sponsor Abigail.

I contacted my previous employer on Wednesday, June 8, 2005 and can start my previous employment as soon as I can return to the United States.

My parents have already pledged financial support for Abigail. Their combined income is almost double the required minimum income. In addition, they have stated that they will post a bond if required

Again, my fiancée and I beg you to reconsider your decision to require I return alone to the States and work for 3 additional months before granting Abigail's visa. She is in no danger of being a public charge, as a review of our financial documentation will readily demonstrate.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this important matter.

Sincerely,

Brian

Enclosed:
Copies of my pay stubs, yearly reviews, performance reports
Copies of your emails stating you would not reject my application if I suspended my employment
Letter from previous employer stating open job offer
My parents’ affidavit of support
Evidence of my parent’s income and capital

Last edited by fatbrit; Jun 10th 2005 at 8:20 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Your letter is too bloody long and too bloody irrelevant. My suggestion (draft only!) thus:
Geez... why are you encouraging him?

Ian
Old Jun 10th 2005, 8:36 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Geez... why are you encouraging him?

Ian
Coz I get pissed off about the painfully slow, inefficient, and power-hungry US bureaucracy, too. My bloody taxes are paying for these idiots, too.

But it's impossible to fight them with emotion. So send the letter and see if the idiots are stoopid enough to shoot themselves in the foot. Then use the press and your lawyer to extract a suitable revenge.

Just because I don't consider the OP is a particularly rational or articulate ambassador for the cause, doesn't mean the message should be totally lost. Especially in this group where many posters have been the undeserving victims.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 12:10 am
Mike Dobony

"cbaudelaire" <member37919@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > > "cbaudelaire" <member37919@british_expats.com> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected] m...
    > > > > Many of you have read the account of my daugher in law's visa
    > > > > denial.
    > > > > The
    > > > > following is a letter I intend to fax to the Consulate begging
    > > > > them to
    > > > > reconsider their added and unnecessary requirement. Please help
    > > > > me
    > > > > out with
    > > > > this. Financial figures are x'ed out, but substancial compared to
    > > > > the
    > > > > attorney's opinion of $10,000. Obviously I also did not give the
    > > > > actual
    > > > > case number (though you are free to attempt to use it if you wish
    > > > > ; ))
    > > > > Specifically, do you have a recommended specific official at the
    > > > > consulate
    > > > > to fax this to?
    > > > >
    > > > > Dear Sirs,
    > > > >
    > > > > I beg you to reconsider Abigail Dobony's visa, LGS1234567890. My
    > > > > son,
    > > > > Brian, is a very industrious young man. He worked the last two
    > > > > years
    > > > > of
    > > > > high school, paying for his own car and its associated expenses.
    > > > > After
    > > > > quitting that job because of harassment he immediately got a job
    > > > > at UP
    > > > > Electronics, never missing a paycheck. He was moved around to
    > > > > several
    > > > > different jobs in the first three months, mastering all of them.
    > > > > In
    > > > > his
    > > > > last move he assisted a college trained technician who could not
    > > > > keep
    > > > > up
    > > > > with production and put out over three times the production of the
    > > > > technician! That company only hires 8-10 new employees per year
    > > > > from
    > > > > the
    > > > > temp agency and had already hired their yearly quota. His
    > > > > supervisor
    > > > > made a
    > > > > special request that he be put on the company payroll at tech job
    > > > > despite no
    > > > > college training.
    > > > >
    > > > > Since graduating from high school in 1999, Brian has helped his
    > > > > sister
    > > > > purchase a used car and paid cash for a new 2002 Saturn. Since
    > > > > then
    > > > > he has
    > > > > saved up enough to purchase another new car if he wanted to.
    > > > >
    > > > > After returning to the United States on January 2, 2005 he spent
    > > > > the first 2
    > > > > weeks recovering from the health problems he experienced while
    > > > > living in
    > > > > Nigeria since May, 2004 and cleaning up some personal business.
    > > > > He
    > > > > also
    > > > > spent considerable time investigating investment property. He
    > > > > looked for
    > > > > work about the end of the second week as was working the next
    > > > > week.
    > > > > He was
    > > > > again the fastest employee to ever fill his position. However,
    > > > > because of
    > > > > the advice he received from his immigration attorney that you
    > > > > could
    > > > > not
    > > > > reject Abigail's visa if he was not working but we had sufficient
    > > > > income to
    > > > > sponsor Abigail and to do so was a criminal act, along with an
    > > > > email from
    > > > > your office sent to him assuring him that if he returned to
    > > > > Nigeria
    > > > > you
    > > > > would not reject her visa on the grounds that he did not have a
    > > > > job
    > > > > since we
    > > > > had sufficient income to sponsor Abigail, he took leave from his
    > > > > job to
    > > > > return to Nigeria to be with his wife. While at work the other
    > > > > employees
    > > > > had their radios playing. The love songs ripped him apart
    > > > > emotionally and
    > > > > he often came home in tears because of his force separation from
    > > > > his wife.
    > > > >
    > > > > When Brian returns to the United States he will again live with
    > > > > us, as he
    > > > > has since graduation. When Abigail comes to the United States
    > > > > they will
    > > > > also stay in our home until he saves up enough to purchase
    > > > > their own home.
    > > > > I contacted his employer Wednesday, June 8, 2005 and today,
    > > > > Thursday, June
    > > > > 9, 2005, he is already set up to start again next Wednesday or
    > > > > Thursday,
    > > > > depending on how soon he can catch a return flight to the
    > > > > United States.
    > > > >
    > > > > When Brian left the United States last year to be with Abigail he
    > > > > took
    > > > > a
    > > > > leave of absence from his job based upon information given to him
    > > > > by
    > > > > USCIS
    > > > > concerning the length of time for processing a spousal visa. They
    > > > > told him
    > > > > it would take only 2-3 months to fully process a spousal visa. He
    > > > > therefore
    > > > > took a 3 month leave of absence and they held his job open for 5
    > > > > months. He
    > > > > did not return to work because he promised Abigail that he would
    > > > > not
    > > > > abandon
    > > > > her and he keeps his promises.
    > > > >
    > > > > We have pledged our financial support for both my son and Abigail.
    > > > > Our
    > > > > combined income is almost double the required minimum income. We
    > > > > are
    > > > > willing to put up a bond in support of Abigail to get her home
    > > > > with
    > > > > her
    > > > > husband and us immediately and he is also willing and well able to
    > > > > put
    > > > > up a
    > > > > bond himself. My wife and I are willing to put up our rental
    > > > > property
    > > > > as
    > > > > bond in support of her. We only ask that we be free to sell it
    > > > > (the
    > > > > renters
    > > > > are interested in purchasing it after they sell their 2 homes in
    > > > > another
    > > > > area of the state) and put half of the sale price in a cash bond,
    > > > > a
    > > > > minimum
    > > > > of $xxx, for three years. The house has a market value of over
    > > > > $xxx
    > > > > and is
    > > > > owned totally free and clear and we are asking $xxx for it from
    > > > > the
    > > > > renters.
    > > > > We have already signed the papers documenting this pledge and
    > > > > Abigail
    > > > > has
    > > > > those papers with her.
    > > > >
    > > > > Again, my wife and I beg you to reconsider your decision to
    > > > > require my
    > > > > son
    > > > > to work for 3 additional months before granting Abigail's visa.
    > > > > This
    > > > > separation for an uncertain time period was not expected per all
    > > > > sources,
    > > > > including your own office, and will cause unnecessary emotional
    > > > > distress to
    > > > > both Brian and Abigail. She is in no danger of being a public
    > > > > charge, as a
    > > > > review of our financial documentation will readily demonstrate,
    > > > > nor is
    > > > > she
    > > > > any danger to society.
    > > > >
    > > > > Thank you for your time and consideration in this important
    > > > > matter.
    > > > >
    > > > > Sincere-
    > > > > ly,
    > > > If you are thinking that the situation is unfair because you have
    > > > acted
    > > > as joint sponsors and satisfy the financial requirements, you should
    > > > check this out:
    > > > I-864 Fact Sheet:
    > > > http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffa...ets/affaqa.htm
    > >
    > > Page does not exist!!!???
    > >
    > > > 7. Does a sponsor need to show proof of current employment?
    > > > A sponsor is not required to be employed, so long as the
    > > > sponsor's
    > > > income from sources other than employment, or the income of other
    > > > qualifying persons in the household and/or assets are sufficient
    > > > to
    > > > reach or exceed the poverty line for the sponsor's household
    > > > size.
    > > > However, it is anticipated that in most cases the sponsor will
    > > > need to
    > > > be employed and show proof of employment to meet the income
    > > > requirements.
    > >
    > > We DO fulfill that requirement, but they refused to look at it. THIS
    > > seems
    > > to be totally ignored by every response I have received from this
    > > group!! I
    > > am beginning to believe that nobody passed kindergarten!!!!
    > >
    > > > ----
    > > > Basically, my understanding is that the joint sponsor can only AID
    > > > the
    > > > main sponsor IF the sponsor is at least employed (making less than
    > > > poverty). It appears that the only way for the sponsor (your son)
    > > > to
    > > > qualify as an unemployed person, he would have to be self-sufficient
    > > > (satisfy the financial requirements through assets or other income
    > > > means) without the aid of joint sponsors.
    > > > --
    > > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > you need to stop acting so flabbergasted with your multiple exclamation
    > points and question marks if you want anyone to take you seriously,
    > including the immigration officers.
    > We are just trying to help. Furthermore, i don't think it is so
    > unbelievable that I would question whether your son can be self-
    > sufficient with his assets, since your story and exclamation is so
    > fueled with your anger and emotion that it's hard to rationally analyze
    > anything. Does your son have 5x 125% of the poverty level for a 2
    > person household worth of assets IN HIS NAME, completely disregarding
    > your joint sponsorship?

1) Thsi requirement was NOT brought up until TODAY!

And was it properly proven with a bank letter
    > or 12 months of statements?

Yes.

Has he provided 3 years of tax returns?

Yes, direct from the IRS for 4 years.

I
    > ask because I don't know if you're simply saying "hey, we all got money,
    > she'll be taken care of, trust me!"

RE tax assessment forms, bank statements, payroll stubs, auto registration,
all certified.

which means nothing to the Embassy.
    > Don't think i'm an idiot for asking, because your posting style warrants
    > these types of questions.
    > The Embassy makes no promises, and the fact that you are pointing the
    > finger going "they said this, they said that" and that they LIED, shows
    > that you don't know how to deal with bureacracy.

He has in his posession a letter from the Lagos Consulate stating that they
would not reject her visa because he was living in Nigeria if our income was
adequate.

Red tape and paperwork
    > is what it is, and in the end, correspondences between you and an
    > immigration officer means nothing, especially since they are clearly
    > still giving your son an opportunity to bring his wife into the US, by
    > working a mere 3 months.

It might only be 1 month. He is RETURNING to work, not finding a new job,
and already has worked 2 months. He read me the letter and with what has
been said here and with the new facts (instead of the usual "endure the
abuse" trash) I received this morning I will be rewriting the letter and as
soon as I can get a clear phone line to him, will have him write to them as
well asking to change one requirement (copy instead of original pay stubs
due to total unreliability of Nigerian mail) and a request to recognize the
earlier 2 months of work where he is returning to on Wednesday.

> I advise you to refrain from sending the letter, because so much of it
    > is just a father expressing that he thinks his son is awesome, which to
    > an immigration officer is pure garbage.

Again, I will be rewriting the letter due to the (FINALLY) somewhat rational
and intelligent (occasionally) advice given in this thread.

> They gave you a condition... have your son go home and work 3 months.
    > Seems reasonable and the easiest/quickest way to get your daughter to
    > the U.S. I wish you good luck.

As stated above, he has a letter stating that this would not happen, but it
did. Why should we believe them this time?

Thank you for some finally useful advice.
    > --

Old Jun 11th 2005, 12:54 am

Thank you for some finally useful advice.
You are something else. Guess what the first advice you got on your other post was? "Do what they ask you to do". aka "Go home and work for 3 months"

Further, quit saying the visa was denied, as you learly don't know what you're saying. Until you can provide the text from the mandatory letter she received from the consulate that says 'denied', I maintain that her visa is on hold. Denial would at least point you in another direction.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:03 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
You are something else. Guess what the first advice you got on your other post was? "Do what they ask you to do". aka "Go home and work for 3 months"

Further, quit saying the visa was denied, as you learly don't know what you're saying. Until you can provide the text from the mandatory letter she received from the consulate that says 'denied', I maintain that her visa is on hold. Denial would at least point you in another direction.

If a visa is denied then isn't that when you file a waiver?
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:54 am
Mike Dobony

"Noorah101" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > you need to stop acting so flabbergasted with your multiple
    > > exclamation points and question marks if you want anyone to take you
    > > seriously, including the immigration officers.
    > >
    > > We are just trying to help. Furthermore, i don't think it is so
    > > unbelievable that I would question whether your son can be self-
    > > sufficient with his assets, since your story and exclamation is so
    > > fueled with your anger and emotion that it's hard to rationally
    > > analyze anything. Does your son have 5x 125% of the poverty level for
    > > a 2 person household worth of assets IN HIS NAME, completely
    > > disregarding your joint sponsorship? And was it properly proven with
    > > a bank letter or 12 months of statements? Has he provided 3 years of
    > > tax returns? I ask because I don't know if you're simply saying "hey,
    > > we all got money, she'll be taken care of, trust me!" which means
    > > nothing to the Embassy. Don't think i'm an idiot for asking, because
    > > your posting style warrants these types of questions.
    > >
    > > The Embassy makes no promises, and the fact that you are pointing the
    > > finger going "they said this, they said that" and that they LIED,
    > > shows that you don't know how to deal with bureacracy. Red tape and
    > > paperwork is what it is, and in the end, correspondences between you
    > > and an immigration officer means nothing, especially since they are
    > > clearly still giving your son an opportunity to bring his wife into
    > > the US, by working a mere 3 months.
    > >
    > > I advise you to refrain from sending the letter, because so much of it
    > > is just a father expressing that he thinks his son is awesome, which
    > > to an immigration officer is pure garbage.
    > >
    > > They gave you a condition... have your son go home and work 3 months.
    > > Seems reasonable and the easiest/quickest way to get your daughter to
    > > the U.S. I wish you good luck.
    > Mike's biggest mistake was to take the 800-number's word for it that the
    > visa would be processed in 3 months. Mike's been around this forum for
    > quite a while, you'd think he'd have noticed that it's not called the
    > 800-misinformation line for nothing. The problem is, he put 100% faith
    > in some contract employee's idea that a visa from Lagos would take only
    > 3 months to process.....and is now saying they lied to him, when in
    > reality that was only a vague guesstimate from someone who knows nothing
    > about true processing times particular to individual consulates.

You are a total moron! My SON got that info from the 800 number *BEFORE* I
foiund this forum. I looked for this forum AFTER the USCIS started with
their garbage. LEARN HOW TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Rene
    > --

Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:56 am
Mike Dobony

"meauxna" <member1851@british_expats.com> wrote in message
    > > you need to stop acting so flabbergasted with your multiple
    > > exclamation points and question marks if you want anyone to take you
    > > seriously, including the immigration officers.
    > >
    > > We are just trying to help. Furthermore, i don't think it is so
    > > unbelievable that I would question whether your son can be self-
    > > sufficient with his assets, since your story and exclamation is so
    > > fueled with your anger and emotion that it's hard to rationally
    > > analyze anything. Does your son have 5x 125% of the poverty level for
    > > a 2 person household worth of assets IN HIS NAME, completely
    > > disregarding your joint sponsorship? And was it properly proven with
    > > a bank letter or 12 months of statements? Has he provided 3 years of
    > > tax returns? I ask because I don't know if you're simply saying "hey,
    > > we all got money, she'll be taken care of, trust me!" which means
    > > nothing to the Embassy. Don't think i'm an idiot for asking, because
    > > your posting style warrants these types of questions.
    > >
    > > The Embassy makes no promises, and the fact that you are pointing the
    > > finger going "they said this, they said that" and that they LIED,
    > > shows that you don't know how to deal with bureacracy. Red tape and
    > > paperwork is what it is, and in the end, correspondences between you
    > > and an immigration officer means nothing, especially since they are
    > > clearly still giving your son an opportunity to bring his wife into
    > > the US, by working a mere 3 months.
    > >
    > > I advise you to refrain from sending the letter, because so much of it
    > > is just a father expressing that he thinks his son is awesome, which
    > > to an immigration officer is pure garbage.
    > >
    > > They gave you a condition... have your son go home and work 3 months.
    > > Seems reasonable and the easiest/quickest way to get your daughter to
    > > the U.S. I wish you good luck.
    > cbaudelaire, awesome post. Thanks for also bringing this up, which Mike
    > may have missed.
    > Mike says that he, his wife, the son and the new wife are all going to
    > live together. This makes the son's household 4, not 2.
    > Maybe they just haven't done the math.

I KNOW that.

> --

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.