Wikiposts

Legally Employable!!

Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of
Default Legally Employable!!

I have just returned from the USCIS office in Providence, where I had my EAD interview!

It was a very straightforward process - my appointment time was scheduled for 10:55am and I arrived at 10:15am. After handing in my appointment letter and going through the standard security checks, I took a seat and waited. It was pretty busy so I was surprised when at 10:40am, my name was called!

As they were busy, the man explained that they were doing two people at a time. I went into a little office with another girl, where they took the fingerprint of my right index finger, along with my photograph (ADIT style). We were then told to wait outside until our names were called again, and advised that it should only be a few minutes.

At 10:55am, the same man came back out and handed us our Employment Authorization cards - pretty painless really and certainly not what I would regard as an "interview"!

For information, I did not receive a NOA for my EAD, and on the letter I received from USCIS giving me my appointment, there was no mention at all about ASC codes. It simply said to come for my Employment Authorization interview, so I did not know quite what to expect. But, seeing as I walked out of there today with my EAD card in hand, I am certainly not complaining!

I had a good feeling about today as the USCIS scheduled my Employment Authorisation interview on the anniversary of my first ever date with my now Hubby - 3 years ago today! Little did I know then the path that awaited me, but I wouldn't change a thing! Oh happy day!!

Now the search to find employment and contribute towards the household bills - Hubby is heaving a big sigh of relief!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:00 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Legally Employable!!

Congrats Karen, I hear McD's calling your name
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:07 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Karen D
I have just returned from the USCIS office in Providence, where I had my EAD interview!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
And yes that was shouting but.. what the heck

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Dec 11th 2003 at 5:17 am.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Originally posted by CharlieS
Thanks Charlie! I was thinking more Target myself - I love that shop
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:11 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CharlieS
No chance. A quality girl like Karen could easily aim as high as Wendy's!

Many congrats Karen. No doubt you'll be celebrating in style.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
And yes that was shooting but.. what the heck
Thanks Tweeks!

PS: I think you mean to say "Shouting"??? I don't want to be shot!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:12 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Karen,

Congratulations!!!!! GET A JOB!!!!! Are you determined to work in your field? This is an excellent time to pick up temporary work in retail (probably something part time at a department store). You can do that while your looking for something more permanent!!!

Anyway, glad it went so well for you!!

Leslie
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:13 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Tweeks!

No, I think she wants to shoot you.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by sibsie

Yeah, I sense a slap up meal at Wendy's or McD's tonight, whilst sweet talking them into employing me!!!

Thanks Sibs, I feel like I'm another step nearer and feeling more settled by the day!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:14 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

I could joke here but I actually like Target also, they have such great little nik-naks....just stay away from their nachos <insert puking smiley>

Thanks Charlie! I was thinking more Target myself - I love that shop
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:15 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I have to second that (Again!!)
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:19 am

Thanks Tweeks!

Sorry I am not used to my new keyboard lol.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Leslie66
Karen,

Congratulations!!!!! GET A JOB!!!!! Are you determined to work in your field? This is an excellent time to pick up temporary work in retail (probably something part time at a department store). You can do that while your looking for something more permanent!!!

Anyway, glad it went so well for you!!

Leslie
Thanks Leslie

I don't know quite what I want to do long term. I left a job that I loved in England after 14½ years! I was an IT Trainer so I could continue that here.

I quite fancy the idea of being self employed and I am also thinking of a change. There are several avenues that I've been checking out, but I think I'll definitely do temping or something part time to get me some $$$ and give me a feel for what it is like working over here!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:25 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Working will give you a great chance to improve your social circle outside of your marriage too Karen.

Happy hunting.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:44 am
WTF?

Working will give you a great chance to improve your social circle outside of your marriage too Karen.

Happy hunting.
That was my next comment, sibsie. Get out there and make some friends, Karen!!

Leslie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.