LDN case number

Old Jul 6th 2015, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

LauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default LDN case number

We received our I-797 on the 11th June 2015, but have yet to have any information through the mail in regards to our LDN case number, just wondering if people would recommend us calling the NVC and asking about it or wait untill the full 30 days as stated by the I-797. Also, who receives the LDN case number, is it the USC who petitioned the I-129F or the UK citizen? Thanks in advance
Old Jul 6th 2015, 8:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LDN case number

If the I-130 was filed in the USA, then NVC assigns the LND case number sometime after they receive the approved I-130.

The person receiving all noticed from NVC will be the designated agent, assigned by you at the NVC stage.

No real hurry to know the LND number anyway. .. there are some steps to do through NVC first, before booking the medical (the only reason you'd need the LND number).

if the instructions say to wait at least 30 days before making am inquiry, then you should follow those instructions.

Rene
Old Jul 6th 2015, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

LauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond repute

It was the I-129F we filed Rene, but what other steps do we need to do before booking the medical? I thought i needed the LDN case number in order to fill out the DS 160, book the medical then eventually the notification of readiness for the interview?
Old Jul 6th 2015, 9:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, the I-129F works differently. It's always helpful to say what visa you're working on.

So for a K-1 visa, there are no other steps through NVC. The case will get passed through there and and an LND case number will be assigned. The UKC will be notified of the number and how to apply for the K-1 visa.

I wouldn't try to book the medical or submit the visa application until your case arrives in London, though. Otherwise they have an application and no file to match it up with. And the visa will only be valid for 6 months from the date of the medical, so no sense it having that done too soon, either.

Rene
Old Jul 6th 2015, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rene! Sorry, i thought i did mention it was the I-129F we filed, but sorry for any confusion. I guess i will just have to wait until they let me know that my case is in London
Old Jul 6th 2015, 10:03 pm

Oh, sorry, you did mention I-129F. I'm just blind today. LOL

Rene
Old Jul 6th 2015, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Lol no problem! I'm just grateful to have someone that is able to help me through this process! This forum is amazing 😊
Old Jul 8th 2015, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

iJoey is an unknown quantity at this point

I called the NVC to receive mine - against everyone else's advice, who told me it would be a waste of time, but I'm glad I did, but it took them close to about 40 minutes to finally pick up and I called as soon as they opened! Be persistent if you do, but be mindful the charge may be extortionate!
Old Jul 8th 2015, 1:37 am

It's not a waste of time if you really want to know the number... but my opinion is that having this information early is not necessary, since one should not book the medical or complete the visa application until the case file arrives in London.

Rene
Old Jul 10th 2015, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Could anyone tell me if there is another number to call the NVC on in regards to asking about our case number? The one we are currently trying is:

(for immigrant visa inquiries only):
(603) 334-0700. Customer Service Representatives can speak with you Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight EST, excluding holidays.

However, when we ring the number is just says no one is available and to try ringing back later and ends the call it doesn't put you into a waiting line or on hold until one is available so im kind of at a loss.

I'm sure i'm clutching at straws and there is only one number, but i thought i could at least ask
Old Jul 10th 2015, 9:10 pm

That's the only number I see listed on their website. They have an email address of [email protected].

Rene
Old Jul 10th 2015, 10:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LauraLou07
I'm sure i'm clutching at straws and there is only one number, but i thought i could at least ask
I really don't understand your anxiety about this. What's the dire urgency?

Ian
Old Jul 11th 2015, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Ian there is no dire emergency, I'm just concerned as it's been 30 days and we haven't received any letter stating its at the nvc safely or what the case number is so that I can even check the status online. I don't mind waiting, I understand it's a lengthy process but I still would like to be able to at least check it got to the nvc okay and hasn't become lost.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 12:22 am

Not everyone receives a notice that the I-129F is at NVC. We never did.

Rene
Old Jul 11th 2015, 12:33 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LauraLou07
I'm just concerned as it's been 30 days and we haven't received any letter stating its at the nvc safely or what the case number is so that I can even check the status online.
Many people don't ever receive a notice. Indeed, we've often seen a case file take 4-8 weeks to get across the pond.

I still would like to be able to at least check it got to the nvc okay and hasn't become lost.
Here's the thing... everyone thinks their case has been lost. In 17+ years of following this forum and its antecedent, I can only recall one actual lost file out of many hundreds of thousands. Still, I understand that anxiety brings out people's fears and their rationality flies out the window.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.