Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Last Minute Interview Inquiries ...

Last Minute Interview Inquiries ...

Old Sep 4th 2012, 3:06 pm
Philly in the hizzy!

PhillyGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Last Minute Interview Inquiries ...

Hey!

Interview next week in London so just getting prepared. For all those that have recently went for the interview: hubs is at 9am, any suggestion on what time to get there? I read a post where someone said people start lining up at 7am so wondering if this is the general feedback or is it okay for us to show up at 8?

Lastly, I sent an email as directed by customer service and this site to get my name on the security list. Now, I know it is hit or miss if my name actually makes the list, but for those that have sent an email like me, did you hear back via email that you name has been entered or does it go unanswered?

Thanks!

Last edited by PhillyGirl; Sep 4th 2012 at 3:06 pm. Reason: forget to state where interview was
Old Sep 4th 2012, 6:09 pm
Badger Badger Badger

Malashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Last Minute Interview Inquiries ...

Showing up at 8 certainly won't be a problem. Showing up at 7 will probably get you out earlier.

When they say the interview is at 9, that doesn't mean there's someone inside waiting for you at 9 and if you don't get in in time, you're screwed. The system is more based on the idea of telling you (and a lot of other people) to be there at 9 and then working through the queue until they've seen you.

Whatever you do, it will involve a lot of waiting around. Good luck
Old Sep 5th 2012, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

Originally Posted by PhillyGirl
Lastly, I sent an email as directed by customer service and this site to get my name on the security list. Now, I know it is hit or miss if my name actually makes the list, but for those that have sent an email like me, did you hear back via email that you name has been entered or does it go unanswered?
Thanks!
Keep us posted on this PhillyGirl, as I am also hoping to get added to hubby's interview list.

We enclosed a letter with his DS-230 and DS-2001 asking that I be added. But will also send an email closer to the date requesting to be added.

Fingers crossed for you and hope all goes well!!!
Old Sep 5th 2012, 12:55 pm
Philly in the hizzy!

Ok, thanks for the info! I think we will show up for 7ish just to be safe. If they don't have a system as in calling all 9am appts out of the line for entry then my hubby doesn't need to risk not getting in.

I'll give you an update! Good luck to all of us!
Old Sep 5th 2012, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

hamlrt will become famous soon enoughhamlrt will become famous soon enough

Hello There
I recently had my interview and the letter said be there for 7.30 am , i got a overnight hotel .
I was there for a total of three hours .
I was totally petrified before the interveiw ....what should i wear ....what will they ask ....what happens....and so on .
Dont worry its all quite painless
J
Old Sep 6th 2012, 8:37 am
Philly in the hizzy!

Thanks hamlrt.

Our interview is 9am. I keep thinking getting there for 8am should be fine but now I'm worried we won't get in and miss the slot. What time did you get there and how many people were in line that early?

All in all, the process was painless? Any recommendations or suggestions? I'm just putting all the docs they require in a plastic wallet and any supporting paperwork, I'll keep separate in the event they ask for something else.

I heard when you get in, you have to hand over the docs they request to someone and then they will call you up later so I'm just thinking of how it will all go so any insight would be appreciated.

We're very excited! lol
Old Sep 6th 2012, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

hamlrt will become famous soon enoughhamlrt will become famous soon enough

Hi there
This is what happened to me , i dressed smart yet casual , brought all my paperwork in a clear folder, no electronic items at all .
Got to the consulate joined the queue for a entrance ticket , showed my passport and letter.
Report to first security guard , put all items in a clear plastic bag (watch , belt, wallet ect
Went inside Xray and metal detector they pointed out i had a cd of photos in my document wallet , they held on to this until later .
Went across a courtyard for another security check
Finally got into the ''interveiw ''hall , many chairs and cubicle windows
took a ticket and waited ....called to the first window
nice lady asked if i had all my paperwork smilerd anmd said ''at last you made it''
take a ticket wait for the case worker
a while later spoke to my case worker , he explained the visa process and checked the paperwork , took my passport ...take a ticket and wait
waited about a hour , called up and here was a consular officer in a suit ..pleasant chap .
Had to swear a oath of truth , and he asked me some questions
How did you meet ...
Where did you do your training to be a chef
Where will you live in the USA
Is your fiancee a good cook
Tell me about your hobbies
Where does your fiancee work and as what
Whats her dads name and have we met

Good luck in your Marriage

and i said with a smile thankyou very much !!

Hope this puts your mind at ease , i really was concerned about the interveiw too .
J
Old Sep 7th 2012, 12:38 pm
Philly in the hizzy!

Thanks J for all the info! Very cool of you to provide!

I am very excited for Thursday. I have gone through the docs a few days ago. Tomorrow I will make all the copies needed and then put in a plastic wallet in order of the doc checklist off the website. Any other supporting docs I think they might ask for, I will keep in a separate folder for. All that is left after this weekend, it go over all the docs with my husband to be sure he knows what to give and what not to give IN the event they did not add me to the security list and then by this time next week we'll know if we are going back to America or staying put in England.

I personally am hoping for the first one! lol

Thanks again, J! All the best to you and congrats on the impending nuptials!

xoxo