Wikiposts

Kas' K-1 Journey

Old Feb 24th 2015, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

K_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Kas' K-1 Journey

Originally Posted by sd8447
Hi K_London,

Congratulations on all the progress that's been made so far with your application. I have an ongoing K-1 application too but it's going a lot less well (see my post: http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...is-nvc-852574/).

I was wondering, what date did you receive your I-797? And what date did the NVC receive your approved petition?

My I-797 got lost somewhere between USCIS and NVC back in October but this was only realised 3 weeks ago and since then there's been no progress in finding it that we're aware of. We're trying to decide whether we persevere, start a new application or change our plans completely. It would be interesting to see how long some of the earlier stages have taken for you as your experience is still quite current.

Before everyone warns me, I fully understand that every case is different and I would never rely on someone else's time-line as an indicator of current processing times - it would just be interesting to know.

Thank you and good luck with the next steps.
Hey, I think a Mod is better place to answer this one than me to be honest matey...but best of luck!! And thanks!
Old Feb 24th 2015, 10:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Kas, I don't see any problem here.

Rene
Old Feb 24th 2015, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

K_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene!

I know the K-1 is not really a big deal but it is still nerve wracking for me because I feel like our relationship plans are all at the fate of the Consular Officer!
Old Feb 26th 2015, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Hey everyone,

Just an update. I had my medical today and apparently, everything is great. The file should reach the Embassy on Tue/Wed next week. I was told if I don't get a call within 48h everything is fine. Which she said it most likely will be. So I am excited!

I have done the DS-160, paid the MRV and submitted my Notification of Applicant Readiness. Because I did all that before the medical, that wont be a problem, right?

I know I asked a similar question just yesterday, but I want to make 100% sure in case I need to do something now!

Cheers,

Kas
Old Feb 26th 2015, 3:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Right.

Rene
Old Feb 28th 2015, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

iJoey is an unknown quantity at this point

You needn't have really paid the MRV until you were sure the medical would have been sent to the embassy but thats fine.
You do not need to do anything now.
You'll just have to wait for a letter from the Embassy now telling you of your interview date which should be relatively soon and make sure you have all the relevant documents.

Just a FYI I had my medical on the 18th of this month and got my interview date on 27th! Although every case is different, that should give you a time frame of when to expect your letter and it's on to the interview!
Good luck (:
Old Apr 7th 2015, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,

I have my K-1 interview tomorrow at the London Embassy and I'm so nervous!!

We have double checked the documents I am taking and my police report says "No Trace", so I guess that should help. But I can't stop reading about K-1 denials on Google/Forums!

Our situation should be simple enough?

-Both never married before
-No kids
-Similar age (5 years apart)
-Both college educated
-No criminal record (on UKC end) - Chris has a DUI.
-Visit each other regularly (last trip was New York Feb 2015)

Do you guys think there is anything to worry about?

I hope I get approved, as I have booked my ticket to Portland for the 8th May! I am excited and nervous at the same time!

I guess we'll find out in 24h!

KC
Old Apr 7th 2015, 10:49 pm

Sounds like you should be fine. I always thought K1 denials were fairly rare; I'm surprised you could find so many denial stories out there.

Rene
Old Apr 7th 2015, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K_London
I can't stop reading about K-1 denials on Google/Forums!
If that's what you're looking for, that's what you'll get. In the 17 years that I've been following this forum and its progenitor, I can count on one hand the number of K-1 denials that I've seen. The K-1 approval rate is 99.5% but, for some unknown reason, many people believe they're in the 0.5% of folks who get denied. I don't know what it is! I think, perhaps, that people go brain dead or lose all common sense when they start the immigration process. It's completely irrational.

Do you guys think there is anything to worry about?
No... so, step away from the computer and get on with life.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Apr 7th 2015 at 11:21 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2015, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rene and Ian.

Ian - you're right, I need to get a grip! I will not be doing any more googling.

In fact, I better go grab some lunch and take a walk down the Thames - it's gorgeous over here today. I better enjoy it as soon I'll be a loooong way from all of these sights.

Cheers for calming me down guys. Hopefully, I can message tomorrow saying I've been approved!!

KC
Old Apr 8th 2015, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Morning everyone

I got approved!!!

I am so happy, but knackered! I've been up since 5:45am and I'm at my desk wanting to die haha.

So, I am flying to Portland,OR on the 8th May!!! I am so happy I can finally be with Chris!

So, I've read that CEAC is supposed to update? It should go to 'AP', no?

Can a Mod change the title of my thread to "Kas' K-1 journey" please?

Cheers,

Kas
Old Apr 8th 2015, 10:11 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Morning everyone

I got approved!!!

I am so happy, but knackered! I've been up since 5:45am and am at my desk wanting to die haha.

So, I am flying to Portland,OR on the 8th May!!! I am so happy I can finally be with Chris!

So, I've read that CEAC is supposed to update? It should go to 'AP', no?

Can a Mod change the title of my thread to "Kas' K-1 journey" please?

Cheers,

Kas
Congratulations!

Yes, your CEAC should change to AP, give it a couple of days.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks BunnyGirl!

Will be on the lookout for that
Old Apr 8th 2015, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kas' K-1 Journey

I got approved!
Congratulations! Well done.

Ian
Old Apr 9th 2015, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Kas' K-1 Journey

Thanks Ian!

AOS playtime starts soon...

KC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.